No announcement yet.

Its John Lennon's birthday today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
    Sounds more like something that a guy who sucks unshowered hippie **** and puts bed-in references in his sig would do.

Comment

You are correct. And exempt from my indictment of the rose-tinted faggotry that typically dominates Beatle threads.
      You must be confused out of your hatred. Read what the thread suggests. It didnt mention any glorification of Lennon except for the music.

Or you just hate the thread-starter?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          You must be confused out of your hatred. Read what the thread suggests. It didnt mention any glorification of Lennon except for the music.

Or you just hate the thread-starter?
          Speaking of confused, the passage you quoted doesn't even refer to you or your original post. You got upset because I said something about O'Boogie and now we're here. Sheeeeeesh.

Comment

John Winston O'Boogie isn't fit to restring Stephen Peter Marriott's Gretsch 6120.

That's a FACT.
            Humble Pie sucked.....you need to buy some taste in music since it's pretty obvious you were born without any

Poet

Comment

BEATLE FAVS (of course McCartney and the other musicians + George Martin had significant degrees of influence in how some of these turned out);

Ask Me Why - sweet song, mature even in its immaturity, with an oh-so pretty tag, but what really sells me on it is the wonderful (hoarse yet tender) vocal.

Not A Second Time - some curious changes give compelling atmosphere of forebode to this one.

Tell Me Why - more for the arrangement/production than the song itself, creating the feel of a full wrecking-crew jamboree from only the basic band accompaniment.

You Can't Do That - probably Lennon's best and most biting jealousy song.

Girl - Run For Your Life is frequently cited as the defining example of 60's Lennon's misogyny, but that song's primal femicide threat is far less an expression of the true, cynical nature of misogyny than the twisted mess of male impotency we encounter in Girl. The deceptive complexity of the musical arrangement matches the subject matter for warped melancholy.

She Said, She Said - lifted above by a disorientating arrangement marvel of mixolydian harmony and spinning drum patterns which gives musical embellishment to the 'relationship as bad trip' concerns of the lyric.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun - just an achievement, period.

Julia - hard to resist the imagery in this one.

Last edited by King Kong; 10-10-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Humble Pie sucked.....you need to buy some taste in music since it's pretty obvious you were born without any

Poet
                Most of Lennon's **** on 'Double Fantasy' sucked. There's more of genuine interest in Yoko's **** on that record... And?

Marriott's career didn't begin or end with Pie. You're a dumb **** and what you know of either man's musical Legacy could fit on a postage stamp.

Comment

Most of Lennon's **** on 'Double Fantasy' sucked. There's more of genuine interest in Yoko's **** on that record... And?

Marriott's career didn't begin or end with Pie. You're a dumb **** and what you know of either man's musical Legacy could fit on a postage stamp.
                  :jerk0ff9: Marriott's musical talent is strangely reminiscent of you knowledge of and taste in music: Non-existent. Then again I don't expect anything better from a primitive troglodyte like you :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

Last half of "This Boy" is Lennon's voice at it's best ever, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Marriott's musical talent is strangely reminiscent of you knowledge of and taste in music: Non-existent. Then again I don't expect anything better from a primitive troglodyte like you

Poet
                      When it comes to the hippie dippie 60's, only the Invasion acts who cracked the States big-time matter. RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

You think Marriott is untalented? That has about as much credibility as your portrait of JCC as a face-first brawler, ie. NONE. I don't need to murder you, because you murder yourself with every post. It'd be hilarious enough even if I didn't know that the guy refuting the talent of one of thee Great songwriters of the last 50 years (and possibly Greatest white soul vocalist, period) is a Judas Priest groupie, FFS.

Do just a smidgen of real research and you might, if you're not quite as ******ed as I think you probably are, grasp just the tiniest clue as to the depth of Marriott's and Small Faces' influence on how music came to be produced and performed after them. Here's a pro-tip; you only have to listen to a few bars of any Raspberries 45 to realize that Small Faces were every bit as influential upon actual musicians as the Fabs. Or perhaps you dig Led Zep, Dungeons & Dragons-boy? - they don't exist as you know them without Marriott's revolutionary immolation of 'You Need Lovin''. The list of examples is literally unending. You unholy ****.

I reiterate, you're a clueless fucking schlep. Either uneducated or just plain ******ed. GTFO, you combover-having, pot-bellied joker. Seriously. The level of delusion you parade here is on a whole other scale.

Comment

Working...
                      X