Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday’s dreadful offerings:

AVP: Requiem 2/10

Barely scraped a ‘2’. Made the first AVP look like Schindler’s List. A terrible B-movie, shot almost entirely in the dark to hide how appalling the FX was. Cardboard cutout human characters, dreadful xenomorphs and no action. The directors basically managed to turn Alien into a teen slasher flick. Dire.

The Boy And The Beast 5/10

I’ve found former Digimon showrunner Mamoru Hosada’s foray into feature films an uneven experience so far (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time very average, Summer Wars good and Wolf Children absolutely superb), and TBATB is probably his weakest offering so far. Focused on a fantastical proxy father-son relationship between the titular characters, the plot is predictable until it turns downright weird towards the end and the film suffers from some desperately uninspired voice acting. The evil, invisible shadow whale (don’t ask) is stunningly animated, though.

The Expendables 3/10

I knew it was going to be unrealistic. I knew it was going to be predictable. I knew it was going to be heavy on the testosterone and light on the brains. What I didn’t know was how unfunny, derivative and downright boring it was going to be. What’s the point in bringing all these legendary action stars together if there aren’t any good one liners? They can’t act, so you need humour in the script to move everything along nicely. And don’t get me started on Stallone’s abysmal direction...

Comment

• Just finish watching Matchstick Men featuring Nicholas Cage. I kinda dig this Alison Lohman chick. Saw her first in Drag Me To Hell which was pretty enjoyable now this. Don't wanna say more about the movie. 7/10

Comment

• Solo - 7.5/10

Comment

• What happen to Monday? - seven siblings with the same face played by the actress Noomi Rapace who i'm a fan of ever since watching her in the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Great actress imo although she ain't that good looking. 6/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - pretty straight forward 7.5/10

Loft(Belgium flick)- Five close friends, all of them married, share a loft to meet their mistresses. One day they find the body of a young woman in the loft. Since there are only five keys to the loft, the five men begin to suspect each other of murder. 7.5/10

The Invisible Guest aka Contratiempo (Spanish flick) - 8/10

Comment

• "the night eats the world". cool zombie flick from this year. i think is a french film but is english spoken. not the usual predictable stuff (although it has some cliches, like the protagonist making stupid decisions)

7/10

Comment

• hereditary.........

i can go off on a multi paged tangent, but i wont

simply put, its the worst thing ever

no rating is low enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                hereditary.........

i can go off on a multi paged tangent, but i wont

simply put, its the worst thing ever

no rating is low enough.
                ???

Everyone is hyping the chit out of that movie. You're saying it's bad??

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  ???

Everyone is hyping the chit out of that movie. You're saying it's bad??
                  thats the one

the 2 hrs felt like weeks

the best part is when the older ''brother'' (no one looks alike) takes his palsy looking lil sister (supposedly 13) to a hs party. she has a seizure of sorts and big bro whisks her home.

on the way, she stick her head out the window to get air, bro is distracted at the wheel (road kill) and there is a pole conveniently there for him to knock her head off

he stops, cries and drives home. telling no one about the freak losing her head.

this was the only good part and i want to spoil it (save people).

Comment

• the happening >>>>>>>(to infinity)>>>>>>> hereditary

Comment

• jaws 3d >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hereditary

Comment

Working...
                      X