Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't know if these were considered but BBC's Sherlock (three 90 minute episodes per season) puts Hollywood movies to shame. Benedict Cumberbach & Maritn Freeman were exquisitely great

Comment

• The Big Short. Damn, it was pretty confusing & oddly done. 8/10. Pitt & Carrell were gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
        meh

the chariot scene was almost all CGI

watch the original, no CGI
        I wasn't comparing it to the original....which was incredible. And I mean the 1925 movie! Of course the Charlton Heston flick is an ATG.

The Russian director used a real racetrack for the race....lot's of it of course were CGI but there was a lot of analog as well.

Comment

• MacFarland, that's a great movie. So absorbing.

Comment

• Sicario

8/10

Intense from start to finish

Comment

• The Nice Guys 7/10 surprisingly entertaining although I like Gosling in smaller more creative films like Drive.

Central Intelligence 7/10 a reserved Kevin Hart and mellow Dwayne Johnson? it was way better than I expected considering that I expected this film to be a Ride Along style rehash but thankfully that was not the case and it's not bad for a popcorn film.

Comment

• a coupe of brilliant comedies~

after hours (1985) griffin dunne, others. dir scorsese

An ordinary word processor has the worst night of his life after he agrees to visit a girl in Soho whom he met that evening at a coffee shop.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088680/

im pretty sure each of us had a night so fncked that the movie version would win awards.

raising arizona (1987) nic cage, holly hunter, others. dir the coens

When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family's quintuplets, their lives become more complicated than they anticipated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093822/?ref_=nv_sr_3

sad how nics career trajectory has plummeted....i guess it happens to the best of them and he aint the best of them. he did have his moments.

Comment

• The Magnificent Seven (2016). Really good movie. Denzel Washington is great as usual. Good to see him and Ethan Hawke back together again. Chris Pratt was good, but there were times where he was talking too modern. Vincent D'Onofrio looked like he was having a great time with his character. lol.

The screenplay was good. The action was great.

The only negatives from this movie were that the only characters with character arcs were Denzel, Hawke and Pratt, the other characters weren't fleshed out, no backstory. And the villain was really bland.

8/10. I haven't seen the John Sturges version since I was little, and have never seen Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, so I can't compare it to those.
                  Last edited by Death_Adder; 09-27-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Ben Hur. My wife and I like this movie; I don't know why it was such a flop. Nice
                    story, very good acting (although Morgan Freeman just dialed in his usual performance) and the chariot scene was awesome.

Solid B+.
                    I agree, I really enjoyed that movie, I didn't understand the hate. There were worse movies out there this year that didn't receive nearly as much hate as this one. (Ghostbusters for example)

Comment

• the mutilator (1984 horror)

A teenager who accidentally committed matricide finds himself being hunted together with his girlfriend and mates by his now crazed father.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124014/

''by sword, by pick, by axe, bye bye....''. after the accidental shooting, there was the lamest character development part in the history of it. added nothing to the movie. corny jokes and horrible writing. 1/2 way in, when the killing starts, this turned out to be very good. im hoping this gets remade and that bullshlt part gets replaced with more killing.

7/10

Comment

Working...
                      X