Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Beauty (Le Grande Belleza) 10/10. ATG Italian movie. Maybe a bit too intellectual for your guys (lol) but lots of nice Italian **** and ass plus phenomenal acting and great story. Won the Academy Award Best Foreign movie.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies 5/10. I loved the book, but the movie scriptwriters thought they could be a better job with the story, change it, and ruined it. I was very disappointed in it, just like I was with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter which was another great book and a bad movie adaptation.
    Last edited by Mooshashi; 03-20-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      The Sacrifice, Andrei Tarkovsky (1986). It took me a while to get through this one as I was really bored for the better part, but the last 45 mins or so are worthwhile when things get strange. I will have to watch more of Tarkovsky, as I like the metaphysics at work. Probably most are unfamiliar with him but he was hugely influential to other filmmakers.
      He is one of my favorites and an important director. Part of my trifecta: Robert Bresson, Yasujiro Ozu, Andrei Tarkovsky...

Anyhow, THE SACRIFICE, his final film, while great is not his best work. But requires repeated viewings. Keep at it, you'll be rewarded.

My favorite is MIRROR. Its one of those films that forever changed the way I look at film and the language of cinema. It, like all of his work, demands a great deal from the viewer.

His work in order of importance, MIRROR, STALKER, ANDREI RUBLEV, SOLARIS, THE SACRIFICE, IVANS CHILDHOOD, NOSTALGIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        The Great Beauty (Le Grande Belleza) 10/10. ATG Italian movie. Maybe a bit too intellectual for your guys (lol) but lots of nice Italian **** and ass plus phenomenal acting and great story. Won the Academy Award Best Foreign movie.
        I wouldnt go that far. Its a good film but there are much better films about Roman life. I havent seen Sorrentinos latest film, YOUTH, yet. But if you liked LA GRANDE BELLEZA you'll love IL DIVO. Servillo is bad ass in it.

Comment

• Hard Eight with Samuel Jackson

Gave it a 7.

Inside man. Gave it an 8.5

Comment

• And Bodyguard from Beijing. this was jet li in his prime years. Gave it a 7.5

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
              I wouldnt go that far. Its a good film but there are much better films about Roman life. I havent seen Sorrentinos latest film, YOUTH, yet. But if you liked LA GRANDE BELLEZA you'll love IL DIVO. Servillo is bad ass in it.

Thanks...I will check out Il Divo. Both my wife and I really like Servillo.

Comment

• Spotlight... I give it an 8.5

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  He is one of my favorites and an important director. Part of my trifecta: Robert Bresson, Yasujiro Ozu, Andrei Tarkovsky...

Anyhow, THE SACRIFICE, his final film, while great is not his best work. But requires repeated viewings. Keep at it, you'll be rewarded.

My favorite is MIRROR. Its one of those films that forever changed the way I look at film and the language of cinema. It, like all of his work, demands a great deal from the viewer.

His work in order of importance, MIRROR, STALKER, ANDREI RUBLEV, SOLARIS, THE SACRIFICE, IVANS CHILDHOOD, NOSTALGIA.
                  Thanks, this leaves with more to look for. I want to show a bigger interest in European cinema, I should anyway. Also reviewing some Kieslowski lately.

Comment

• Finally saw The Revanant or whatever its called.

Good. Leo kills it. Hardy is great. Bear rapes him good.
                    I was feeling quite down and his suffering perked me up. 8/10.

Also watched Killer Joe again.
                    Maconahey or whatever his name is is great. U see his bare arse cheeks and he makes a lady give a chicken leg a blow job after beating the sweet jesus out of her. Kinda brutal. Fair amount of t1ts and violence.
                    8.7/10.

This trailer pretty much tells the whole f.ucking story, but without the t1ts.

Comment

• I watched the Godfather trilogy back to back last week. I actually like part III even though it's the 'weakest' of the bunch. Pacino is better for example, than in part II. And Coppola's daughter is in it :wank:

Then, because I like Pacino, I looked through his filmography and watched Insomnia from 2002. It has Robin Williams in it too, as the villain. It's not a great movie or anything, but it has Pacino in it at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X