No announcement yet.

Man’s best friend mourns his death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man’s best friend mourns his death

The photo showing the bond between felled Navy SEAL Jon Tomlinson and his dog Hawkeye has captured the attention of the Web.

The soldier was one of 38 killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 6 when a rocket-propelled grenade took out a U.S. Chinook helicopter. He was mourned at a service in Rockford, Iowa, attended by 1,500 family members and friends, and Tomlinson's loyal canine companion.

The Labrador retriever was such an important part of Tomlinson's life that the San Diego resident called his dog "son."

When Tomlinson's friend Scott Nichols walked to the front of the room to give his eulogy, Hawkeye followed. As Nichols spoke, Hawkeye dropped to the ground at the foot of the casket and, according to observers, heaved a big sigh. The loyal pooch would not leave his owner's casket during the funeral.

The video clip of the mourning dog seen here has already received more than 113,000 views.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...175219915.html

Saw this on the news..... sad.

Comment

just watched this on yahoo actually.....sad....

Comment

thats why i love dogs

Comment

Dogs are the best

Comment

i have a 100lb lab / akita mix - mf'ers so emo, no way he'd do this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              dont laugh..but...i got a pug...he might do this...not tho cause he loyal...because he's a baby and dont like bein alone...lol

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                Lol! I had a German Shepherd growing up, it wasn't too loyal to me, it was more of my father's dog, but wow, such a sad story. Dogs are awesome.

Comment

My dog follows me EVERYWHERE...even sleeps in the bed with me..spoil rotten

Comment

Grew up with Rottweilers and Labradors. Love those dogs. Always wanted an Akita..

Comment

Working...
                    X