Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions Presents - KING OF THE HILL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: How do you select an opponent for your fighter for the upcoming week? What criteria do you use in selecting an opponent?

Also, I noticed alot of real fighters from the opponent list, that their records do not reflect their real life records. How then do I gauge how good or bad that opponent is?

For example, Kelly Pavlik is 4-5-1 so, on paper, he looks like a tomato can and a probable victory for my fighter (Marvin Hagler). Is this a sound assumption or is there more to it?....

Another thing, before we get started this week we should try to fill most of the slots. That way if some people stop playing after we get started there will be plenty of people to continue with..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Question: How do you select an opponent for your fighter for the upcoming week? What criteria do you use in selecting an opponent?

Also, I noticed alot of real fighters from the opponent list, that their records do not reflect their real life records. How then do I gauge how good or bad that opponent is?

For example, Kelly Pavlik is 4-5-1 so, on paper, he looks like a tomato can and a probable victory for my fighter (Marvin Hagler). Is this a sound assumption or is there more to it?....

Another thing, before we get started this week we should try to fill most of the slots. That way if some people stop playing after we get started there will be plenty of people to continue with..

There were 20 slots toatal when we began. 8 slots remain for the boxing trip of a life time in Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions Presents: KING OF THE HILL. Shameless comercial exploitation to help you remember the name. When you see these letters scethyrtn, that's what it means. I think the slots will fill rather quickly.

O.K, there are all kinds of real pros names, as a matter of fact they're all real. The record that is displayed is that fighters record after 10-12 bouts in Rumblin' Rockin' World.. I mentioned earlier that some were matched much harder than others. If you would like me to send you an opponents 10-12 fight bout sheet I will do that. Since I do it for you I must do it foreverybody. I will allow 1 record request per fighter per day, no exceptions. When you see the fighters record next to his name you may want to look into box rec to see what kind of brawler this guy actually is. You are correct when you say that their records do not match, their displayed record could have had that opponents fighting dogs every time out, thus a less than stellar record. You know what I'm getting at I believe.

O.k, imagine that you purchased a pure breed dog, it's built for fighting. (I must say that I have no interest or pleasure in dog fighting. They have no choice, we do) Imagagine you just walked out with the purest form of unabridged aggression, would the first dog you decide to let him roll against
      be a Kelly Pavlik prime? I'm not one to sway decisions at all but if that fight was to go off, fresh and young Marvin Hagler against Experienced former worlds champion Kelly Pavlik. It's not for me to say either way but if it went down I would have an ambulance waiting outside the arena.

I hope this helped with your concerns, thankyou for contacting us,

Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions
      Last edited by Rockin'; 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        There were 20 slots toatal when we began. 8 slots remain for the boxing trip of a life time in Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions Presents: KING OF THE HILL. Shameless comercial exploitation to help you remember the name. When you see these letters scethyrtn, that's what it means. I think the slots will fill rather quickly.

O.K, there are all kinds of real pros names, as a matter of fact they're all real. The record that is displayed is that fighters record after 10-12 bouts in Rumblin' Rockin' World.. I mentioned earlier that some were matched much harder than others. If you would like me to send you an opponents 10-12 fight bout sheet I will do that. Since I do it for you I must do it foreverybody. I will allow 1 record request per fighter per day, no exceptions. When you see the fighters record next to his name you may want to look into box rec to see what kind of brawler this guy actually is. You are correct when you say that their records do not match, their displayed record could have had that opponents fighting dogs every time out, thus a less than stellar record. You know what I'm getting at I believe.

O.k, imagine that you purchased a pure breed dog, it's built for fighting. (I must say that I have no interest or pleasure in dog fighting. They have no choice, we do) Imagagine you just walked out with the purest form of unabridged aggression, would the first dog you decide to let him roll against
        be a Kelly Pavlik prime? I'm not one to sway decisions at all but if that fight was to go off, fresh and young Marvin Hagler against Experienced former worlds champion Kelly Pavlik. It's not for me to say either way but if it went down I would have an ambulance waiting outside the arena.

I hope this helped with your concerns, thankyou for contacting us,

can the prize for this be some M MJ?

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
          can the prize for this be some M MJ?
          not unless you have a card my man.......Rockin'

Comment

*********** A T T E N T I O N**************************

As of right now Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions has lost the function of the private messaging system. If you have not submitted the schedule (traing/opponent) you may chose to post pone your bout. But seriously here, the people who have not submitted the schedule did not match their fighters tough at all. If you were unable to submit your schedule I will need a verification and submission in this thread to NOT allow your fighter to fight with out training. If you do not reply fight is on as scheduled. I will keep you posted about my private message system.

If you have not subitted an opponent feel free to do this post the opponent in this thread. Unless the pm system comes back for me you would have to face the opponent untrained. Pick them carefully.

Our apologies for any inconienience,

Last edited by Rockin'; 07-01-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

not unless you have a card my man.......Rockin'
              cool, i will hook you up with a copy if i win.

Comment

Before the melt down of the private message system we were luckily able to pull some through before it broke down.

We are happy to inform you that we have a new manager as well as 3 new fighters contracts signed. Everybody welcome Spartacus Sully and his renound fighter Bob Fitzsimmons. Wouldn't want to scrap by that kid. Also signing contracts was Mickey walker with Boston Guy. That one toy bulldog that won't stay on a leash. Also Gene Fulmers contract was purchased by GingerAlbino. It's heatin' up!!!!!!

Spaces are limited, join in the action now!!

Comment

Rockin' you might have to delete some of your private messages to free up some space as you are only allowed a certain amount...

Comment

Rumblin' Rockins Promotions is pleased to announce the addition of 1 more manager and 2 more fighter into our ring. Boston Guy jumps right into the mix caging Marvelous Marvin Hagler, he already looks ready to bust out of that cage and ready to be destructive. He looks hungry.

Aswell, Cinch has secured the contract of James Toney and we'll be watching closely as this diamond in the rough becomes polished.

I am still in need of training/opponent schedules for this Saturdays throw down. A 12pm EST Saturday Afternoon DEADLINE is being enforced. Get those numbers in.

These are the fighters that I still need a schedule from:

Roy Jones Jr. (Tim Horton)
                    Thomas Hearns (Tim Horton)
                    Emile Griffith (Tim Horton)
                    Carmine Basillio (MarkBNLV)
                    Marvin Hagler (Boston guy)

These are the fights that are ready to roll:

Bernard Hopkins vs Tommy Bogs (0-9-0(1)
                    Ray Robinson vs Wilfred Scypien (2-8-0(1)
                    Carlos Monzon vs Todd Portuguez (1-9-0(1)
                    Stanley Ketchell vs Morrade Hakkar (1-8-1)
                    James Toney vs Kenny Shea (0-10-0)
                    Charles Burley vs Frank Fletcher (6-4-0(5)

If there are errors please contact Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions immediately........Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions
                    Is Jack Dempsey's bout still good to go?

Comment

Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions is running at full throtle again as the private message problem has been resolved.

We still have 6 spaces open for the first night of fisticuffs this Saturday Night. There are still plenty of exceptional prospects to choose from. To see that list as well as the opponents list and how it works go to page 1 Post #4 in this forum.

So get your fighter signed and get in there and fight for some loot.

Rumblin' Rockin Promotions believe in 3 things. Honor, integrity and bringing you the best damned boxing world that you could dream of...............Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions

Comment

Working...
                      X