Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a human kill a bear with just simple weapons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo I've been camping/hunting/fishing my whole life so follow some easy steps to be safe.

1. Food
    If you have a car leave your food in the car, all of it. It's safe in there. If you can't bring your car you should use a pulley system to hang the food from a tree. NEVER bring food into your tent. My cousin did once and we had a situation with bears, wasn't fun but...

2. If you encounter a bear
    Stay calm. It's more afraid of you than you are. Most black bears can only see roughly 5 feet off the ground if I recall (that's part of why they stand on their hind legs), so you will be very big to them. Even if I'm wrong on that you are still massive to them. To scare them away stay where you are and make yourself bigger. Stand on your toes and raise your arms directly above you to make yourself look larger. Don't panic if they stand on their hind legs to see more of you, they're naturally curious animals.

3. Signs of a bear attack
    Bears will often charge at you if they feel threatened, it may seem insane but do not run. It's a bluff. If you're particularly afraid keep something between yourself and the bear, a tree or boulder or table, etc. The sign that a bear is going to attack is when they slam their teeth together, only then are you in serious trouble. That said, it is RARE that this happens.

If you follow all of this advice each section will become less and less likely. If you do somehow manage to get yourself into a fight with a bear don't bother hitting it in the head. Hunters have been known to shoot bears in the head only to see their bullets bounce off (no joke) they have exceptionally thick skulls.

Have fun man, camping is awesome

Comment

No. Even the best ninja from Japan would end up with his best weapons and his costume shoved up his bung hole had he tried to **** with a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by fordhamboxing View Post
        Yo I've been camping/hunting/fishing my whole life so follow some easy steps to be safe.

1. Food
        If you have a car leave your food in the car, all of it. It's safe in there. If you can't bring your car you should use a pulley system to hang the food from a tree. NEVER bring food into your tent. My cousin did once and we had a situation with bears, wasn't fun but...

2. If you encounter a bear
        Stay calm. It's more afraid of you than you are. Most black bears can only see roughly 5 feet off the ground if I recall (that's part of why they stand on their hind legs), so you will be very big to them. Even if I'm wrong on that you are still massive to them. To scare them away stay where you are and make yourself bigger. Stand on your toes and raise your arms directly above you to make yourself look larger. Don't panic if they stand on their hind legs to see more of you, they're naturally curious animals.

3. Signs of a bear attack
        Bears will often charge at you if they feel threatened, it may seem insane but do not run. It's a bluff. If you're particularly afraid keep something between yourself and the bear, a tree or boulder or table, etc. The sign that a bear is going to attack is when they slam their teeth together, only then are you in serious trouble. That said, it is RARE that this happens.

If you follow all of this advice each section will become less and less likely. If you do somehow manage to get yourself into a fight with a bear don't bother hitting it in the head. Hunters have been known to shoot bears in the head only to see their bullets bounce off (no joke) they have exceptionally thick skulls.

Have fun man, camping is awesome
        Great info sir. Green k sent.

Comment

i'd kill a bear with my dick.

and it's only 4 inches, so i'm sure a knife or axe could do more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
            Great info sir. Green k sent.
            Yup, try not to die

Comment

no dude, not even a hand gun would slow down a bear

you need a rifle or a shotgun

and if you only have a rifle you better have good aim

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
                no dude, not even a hand gun would slow down a bear

you need a rifle or a shotgun

and if you only have a rifle you better have good aim
                Or a bow and arrow. And actually a shotgun using buckshot and not a slug wouldnt do shyt to a bear

Comment

A pair of brass knuckles and youll be fine . TRUST ME

Comment

Working...
                  X