No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    That's pretty much what I'd be doing if I was Bran.

Just watching people **** and jacking off
    Admit it...that's what you do NOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Admit it...that's what you do NOW!
      Well yeah, but a lot more if I had his powers

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        That's pretty much what I'd be doing if I was Bran.

Just watching people **** and jacking off

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          For real.

The season needs to start already!

Comment

• Word of advice, don't go on the freefolk subreddit. I went to that as I had seen the episode early and wanted to read about peoples opinions, quite a few comments led to huge spoilers. I'm usually reading up on what could potentially happen but we pretty much know what's going to happen this season which ruins it imo...the speculation is part of the fun. I don't think I would have felt the same way about Dany arriving on Drogon if I had known it in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Word of advice, don't go on the freefolk subreddit. I went to that as I had seen the episode early and wanted to read about peoples opinions, quite a few comments led to huge spoilers. I'm usually reading up on what could potentially happen but we pretty much know what's going to happen this season which ruins it imo...the speculation is part of the fun. I don't think I would have felt the same way about Dany arriving on Drogon if I had known it in advance.
              It appears that leaks get people more excited.

Episode 1 S7 was the most watched episode of the series on HBO. Compared to Season 6 Episode 1, Season 7 Episode 1 saw a 27% increase in viewers.

Episode 2 became the second most watched of the series.

Episode 4, which was leaked 3 days before it aired and downloaded/viewed millions of times, took 1st place as most watched GoT episode in the series, beating out S7 Ep 1.

So far the heavily leaked Season 7 is setting records for most watched episodes. I can only imagine episode 5 will beat all previous viewership #'s. Despite the script leaks happening 9 months ago there was actually a spike in HBO subs around the time Season 7 was about to start.

Maybe there's a correlation between leaked scripts/plots and high viewership count. Not for certain, but you can make a case for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Oh ****.

Comment

• Why do people like reading leaks? Are these just fans of the book that read them? It's not nearly as entertaining when you know what's going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Episode 1 S7 was the most watched episode of the series on HBO. Compared to Season 6 Episode 1, Season 7 Episode 1 saw a 27% increase in viewers.

Episode 4, which was leaked 3 days before it aired and downloaded/viewed millions of times, took 1st place as most watched GoT episode in the series, beating out S7 Ep 1.

So far the heavily leaked Season 7 is setting records for most watched episodes. I can only imagine episode 5 will beat all previous viewership #'s. Despite the script leaks happening 9 months ago there was actually a spike in HBO subs around the time Season 7 was about to start.

Maybe there's a correlation between leaked scripts/plots and high viewership count. Not for certain, but you can make a case for it.
                    There's probably just more people watching GOT than before because of streaming sites. Remember it was an extra 4 months that Thrones was off air, so even more time for people to catch up. I think word of mouth helped this past episode. People knew going into it that people were raving about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

I think you're giving the leaks faaaar too much weight. Most people don't know anything about the leaks. They just watch it on TV and aren't reading up on it like us geeks. The show has progressively gotten bigger and bigger. There aren't shows like Breaking Bad on anymore, The Walking Dead is on a break and everything else is either in production or on netflix which gives more room for GoT to get higher ratings.

Theres always a spike in HBO subs pre-premiere, despite leaks people are still going to watch it because you want to see it take place. It still removes some of the shine off of it. I've spoken to loads of people who simply just watch GoT and don't do anything else in terms of reading or researching bla bla. They don't know anything about the leaks. It's mainly those who are on Reddit which quite frankly is a minuscule percentage of GoT watchers.

Comment

Working...
                      X