No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    What are you on about? They explained the story they told us, that's all there is. What more do you want? They filmed an episode with a battle scene, they specifically wanted to get across a). Jon is a badass with the sword (check) and b). He got extremely lucky to survive (check). They accomplished that. If you don't like that, ok cool.
    jon was already bad ass. the guy fought and killed white walkers. lord commander of the nights watch. defacto leader of his wildling army.

"i heard stories about you. people talk as if you're the greatest swordsman who ever lived."

-RB

jon being bad ass is common knowledge by now before the battle. I dont have a problem with the show continuing to augment how badass jon is. just do it right. have some internal logic within the story. I havent read the books so i dont know about the lord of light and the powers/ divine intervention skills it has. if that was the case i dont have a problem with it. if that was the case, maybe as jon escaped those hail of arrows, go back to melisandre looking at the fire, that implies there is divine intervention and jon is being protected by a higher power.

How do you know he didn't have a scratch on him? Did they show his entire body naked? He's covered in blood on his face and the rest of his body is covered in clothing. How would you know if had a cuts on his arms, bruises on his ribs, etc.? You don't know, just making an assumption because his face isn't bleeding? Right.
    he was in heated battle. at the frontlines. outnumbered 2-1. committed drastic tactical errors like rushing upfront trying to save rickon. he should have suffered some phsyical punishment other than a limp.

Worked out really well! He killed dozens of people and smashed down the wall which prevented a long drawn out siege. He was the last of the giants, last of his kind. He went out like a G
    imagine if he had a weapon. he would have killed more people, probably survived and could have probably broken that defensive wall.

im not the only one asking this:

Jan asks, “Is there a particular reason why Wun Wun never used some sort of giant warhammer thingy? Sure seems like it would have helped against that nasty Spartan/Thibodeauean trap formation.”

Giants have been known to carry whole trees as clubs. I guess Wun Wun didn’t have time to fashion one.

https://theringer.com/ask-the-maeste...94a#.jat4zc16g

I'm talking about episode 9. There are multiple things I've had issues with in the past, most recently, episode 8 (the whole Arya vs Waif stuff was done very poorly and they goofed on several scenes (Arya was severely stabbed, near fatal wounds. Some milk of the poppy wouldn't help her at all other than to fall asleep perhaps)). Episode 9 though? No issues at all, one of the the best episodes of all time, without a doubt. To nitpick a masterpiece is pointless.

like i said in my first post about this episode, its the greatest episode in thrones history, just nitpicking. nothing wrong with nitpicking. that's why this thread exists.

that's why message boards exists.

agan, im not alone in my nitpicking:

we are all fans here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

And worst of all he had the Red Witch ON HIS LOINS DOING A LAP DANCE and he turns her down.
      good choice..

imagine if she is grinding him and he's about to explode the suddenly her necklace fell..

Comment

• Loved that shot where Jon prepares himself against the charging cavalry

they held that shot for a long time i almost puke my guts out of anxiety

Then that long take where Jon is in the middle of battle chaos, that lucky bastard

AND THEN that getting buried alive, that was a spectacular, claustrophobic, intense scene. You can hear the sounds getting muffled as bodies kept piling up. Honestly, i think i held my breath that long up until Jon resurfaced. That shot reminds me that Mhysa scene with Dany where she's lifted(?) by the slaves.

what a ****ing Episode

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          Loved that shot where Jon prepares himself against the charging cavalry

they held that shot for a long time i almost puke my guts out of anxiety

Then that long take where Jon is in the middle of battle chaos, that lucky bastard

AND THEN that getting buried alive, that was a spectacular, claustrophobic, intense scene. You can hear the sounds getting muffled as bodies kept piling up. Honestly, i think i held my breath that long up until Jon resurfaced. That shot reminds me that Mhysa scene with Dany where she's lifted(?) by the slaves.

what a ****ing Episode
          It's exactly what they wanted us to think. Theres a side by side comparison there, it's meant to show ice on one side and fire on the other, represented by Jon and Dany.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            It's exactly what they wanted us to think. Theres a side by side comparison there, it's meant to show ice on one side and fire on the other, represented by Jon and Dany.
            the episode itself had these contrasts

Dany flying in the air with her glorious dragons, showing her complete superiority over all things while the Greyjoys came wanted an alliance because of her alpha reputation

Jon getting buried in a pile of bodies, grasping for air or probably a thin of hope & strength or luck to get out of desperate situation. Which comes from Vale knights who arrives in the nick of time to salvage everything in a losing battle

Comment

• So, is Sansa pregnant with Ramsays' kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by JabRight View Post
                Until Ice Dragons dude. Yes, Ice Dragons. They are known to be considerably bigger than the largest of regular Dragons. They don't shoot anything, but their size causes enough chaos, Dragon fire causes them very little damage, they are however vulnerable to and killable by Valyrian Steel and Obsidian (Dragonglass).

None have been seen since well before the First Men, the first ever CoTF say they came from the Land of Always Winter. They fought them off with their magic and Obsidian, giants where in large number way back then too.
                It doesn't matter

GRRM has hard on for Dany so she will always win every situation no matter how illogical

Comment

• Also yes, wunwun wunwun the giant should have had some sort of weapon, if they had the time and resources imagine him in full plate armour and warhammer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    It doesn't matter

GRRM has hard on for Dany so she will always win every situation no matter how illogical
                    I think she gets ****ed over in the end.

Comment

• I almost shed a tear when Wun Wun took an arrow to the eye.

Comment

Working...
                      X