Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
    I think this theory makes more sense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm..._waif_are_the/

So here are a few things which are interesting about the waif.
    1. She is only seen by either Jaqen H'ghar or by Arya.
    2. She has a very incredible back story, much like Mercy or Cat of the Canals.
    3. She know's what Arya is doing, all the time. She knows when she lies. She can tell where she is.
    4. She tries to force Arya to leave. She makes her insecure.

So here's my theory, get some tinfoil..

The waif is Arya. Arya is suffering from some sort of bi-polar dissociative identity disorder. A case can be made that when Arya came to the House of Black and White, the water that she drank induced this in her. In a way, The Waif is no one. Her only mission is to kill off Arya, the inner Arya, the one who can never be one of them.

This is why Jaqen H'ghar always wants the Waif to leave the room before he begins talking to Arya. He essentially wants Arya to stop behaving in a dual personality manner. He just wants to talk to Arya. So the Waif leaves. Just when Arya is alone, she appears again.

When the waif asks Jaqen H'ghar, "You PROMISED", it's actually Arya. Arya has finally asked to kill her inner self. Al lot of people have observed that Jaqen H'ghar looks a bit pleased with himself when he permits the Waif.
    Bra-motherfuxking-Vo!

This shiz sounds awesome. Great theory and brilliant.

While reading I picked up on another thing. While Waif we whooping on the blind Arya in the street with the stick. No one moved an inch in the background. They paid absolutely no notice to what was going on, as if there was no fight. Either nothing happened or Arya was just stick shadowing fighting.

Good find. Love this theory.

Comment

• arya = waif makes sense...

Comment

• Jon Snow = Night King

Comment

• If Waif is Arya, wouldn't she have found her that very same night when Arya got needle and snuck off to whatever place she was at to sleep for the night? IDK, I wanna buy that theory but I don't see it.

The more I've read and thought about it, I think Arya set this up with the Jaqen Hghar, plus maybe her escape back to Westeros with Lady Crane.. My theory is this... Jaqen owes her a life, his very own. So why not let him be her for that scene? Like people on the interwebz have been saying. That "arya" walked differently, talked and carried herself in such a different manner for someone in her position to be in.

The theory I'm believing is that she's setting the Waif up with Jaqen's help. The 2nd pic and the girl on the left is the real Arya. She's slowly making sure Jaqen does in fact have the Waif fall for her for the 2nd part of her plan. Which is to kill the Waif. I think that old lady is how Arya will recognize from afar(see pic 3)

However, this is where my drunk mind gets lost. I'm guessing that the Waif figures this out somehow, before Arya gets her to where she's trying to go and the chase begins. Obviously Arya ends up going to her spot, a fight ensues, she gets Needle and bam. Waif is dead.

Comment

• Since The Hound is back, maybe GoT will bring back another guy who's death is uncertain, Syrio Forel. We never saw him die, we just last saw him fighting in a very unwinnable fight. Even though the guy he was last fighting came back in season 2, and he didn't, that doesn't exactly confirm Syrio died in that fight. The logic is, if a Bravosi never runs, and the guy he fought had armor and a sword and was seen again but Syrio wasn't, then that means Syrio died, cause he didn't run and he was unarmed. But it's ****ing GoT, if they don't show you dying, you could still come back

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Since The Hound is back, maybe GoT will bring back another guy who's death is uncertain, Syrio Forel. We never saw him die, we just last saw him fighting in a very unwinnable fight. Even though the guy he was last fighting came back in season 2, and he didn't, that doesn't exactly confirm Syrio died in that fight. The logic is, if a Bravosi never runs, and the guy he fought had armor and a sword and was seen again but Syrio wasn't, then that means Syrio died, cause he didn't run and he was unarmed. But it's ****ing GoT, if they don't show you dying, you could still come back
              I've always liked Syrio and hoped he hadn't died. Maybe Syrio is a faceless man. Maybe he's Jaqen H'ghar.

Comment

3. She know's what Arya is doing, all the time. She knows when she lies. She can tell where she is.

The waif is Arya. Arya is suffering from some sort of bi-polar dissociative identity disorder. A case can be made that when Arya came to the House of Black and White, the water that she drank induced this in her. In a way, The Waif is no one. Her only mission is to kill off Arya, the inner Arya, the one who can never be one of them.

This is why Jaqen H'ghar always wants the Waif to leave the room before he begins talking to Arya. He essentially wants Arya to stop behaving in a dual personality manner. He just wants to talk to Arya. So the Waif leaves. Just when Arya is alone, she appears again.

When the waif asks Jaqen H'ghar, "You PROMISED", it's actually Arya. Arya has finally asked to kill her inner self. Al lot of people have observed that Jaqen H'ghar looks a bit pleased with himself when he permits the Waif.
                Dang...that's a fine psychological interpretation of the entire situation.
                As Joseph Campbell would say, the hero must face himself. It's actually his toughest task; like Luke Skywalker or Hercules or whomever. He has to die and (sometimes) be reborn before his ultimate task of saving a village or a world.

But I don't see it that way.

Does Arya kill herself in order to be reborn? Doesn't make sense since it's so important for her to be a Stark. And in a sense she's already been "killed" and "reborn" when she went blind and regained her sight.

I think we're thinking too much about this issue. The Waif has a bug up her bum about Arya, stabs her. That's it. Although that might be too simple a scenario for GOT.

Comment

I like this theory so much I want it to be true. Some Fight Club/GOT type ****.

Comment

Since The Hound is back, maybe GoT will bring back another guy who's death is uncertain, Syrio Forel. We never saw him die, we just last saw him fighting in a very unwinnable fight. Even though the guy he was last fighting came back in season 2, and he didn't, that doesn't exactly confirm Syrio died in that fight. The logic is, if a Bravosi never runs, and the guy he fought had armor and a sword and was seen again but Syrio wasn't, then that means Syrio died, cause he didn't run and he was unarmed. But it's ****ing GoT, if they don't show you dying, you could still come back
                    I was holding out hope for a few seasons he would show back up. I don't think it's going to happen. I still want to know why they didn't show Stannis die on the screen either. I had always said The Hound is not dead because no one ever dies off screen. Eventhough Brienne said proudly that she cut off Stannis' head, there is no reason not to show it.

Comment

The hound being alive wasn't that big of a shocker because arya could and should have killed him but for some mysterious reason she just left him to die slowly even though he helped her.

Syrio aka "game of thrones jose" is sure as **** dead lol. They cut that dude down.

Comment

Working...
                      X