Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just saw the "Red Wedding" It's funny because I knew about it before I watched a single episode of GoT. I didn't know who died, who was betrayed or what happened all I know is there was a wedding and some wild **** happened. Well............Wow. I don't think I've ever been so flabbergasted at what has happened on TV, movie, a book anything. It's......wow
    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 07-16-2013, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Honestly I don't even read this thread due to spoilers I just randomly post in it. I remember seeing a post about Jamie's hand a week ago, good thing I didn't read it all the way through.

Lucky jerk, wish I could watch more episodes at once but hopefully by next week I'll be done. Are you picking up another show since you are done with this one?
      Yeah ive started Breaking Bad. Decent start but hasnt grabbed me yet. Next on the list after will be The Soprano's (finally!) i reckon!

Also just saw your post on the Red Wedding. Completely agree. It was all over facebook that some **** went down at a wedding before i started watching GoT and I was still sat there with an open mouth. Amazing television!

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        So I just saw the "Red Wedding" It's funny because I knew about it before I wached a single episode of GoT. I didn't know who died, who was betrayed or what happened all I know is there was a wedding and some wild **** happened. Well............Wow. I don't think I've ever been so flabbergasted at what has happened on TV, movie, a book anything. It's......wow
        Exactly, a lot of people say it even surpassed the books. I'm midway in Clash of Kings, so I don't know how it goes down in the books fully (read most of it online). That episode had me down for a few days man, absolutely brutal. I'm a Stark fanboy.

Also people, let's get the GoT group more active.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Exactly, a lot of people say it even surpassed the books. I'm midway in Clash of Kings, so I don't know how it goes down in the books fully (read most of it online). That episode had me down for a few days man, absolutely brutal. I'm a Stark fanboy.

Not surpassed, but definitely lived up to. Having Talisa there, where Robb's wife wasn't in the books, added an extra stab to the gut (LOLOLOLOL) to the viewers. And the actress playing Catelyn nailed it.

Comment

• GRRM's preferred (at least, a close) version of Iron Throne

Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 07-15-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              GRRM's own (at least, a close) version of Iron Throne

Now THAT looks like something made from 1000 blades

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post

Idk bout the rest of you, im also half way through Clash and think alot of the TV series surpass the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  GRRM's preferred (at least, a close) version of Iron Throne

Who the hell would sit on something like that? It hurts to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Who the hell would sit on something like that? It hurts to look at.
                    well, that's the point..no king should sit comfortably at it, literally & figuratively

GRRM said it's as close as what he had in mind, although he said its a bit too high for the steps (maybe 4 or steps before you can actually sit down on it)

Comment

• Originally posted by G A M E View Post
                      Idk bout the rest of you, im also half way through Clash and think alot of the TV series surpass the books.
                      On TV, they added the scenes between Arya and Tywin Lannister which weren't in the books and honestly they were probably the best bit of season 2 apart from the Battle of Blackwater. The show so far I think definitely does the books justice, which is rarely the case when it comes to adaptations. Book one and Season 1 are pretty much the same for the most part, season 1 ends with Ned about to be decapitated and book 1 ends with the Lannisters seeming as though they are doomed with Robb Stark winning battles and marching South or more West, Stannis raising an army, Renly raising a HUGE (100K) army, Roose Bolton with 10,000 of Robbs men, Jamie Lannister being captured. That happens in Season 2 in the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X