Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished the first book and it's crazy how the Lannisters end up in power especially after what situation they are in at the end of A Game of Thrones (1st book). Renly & Tyrells, Stannis & Dragonstone, The North with Robb and Riverrun ALL against the Lannisters at the end of the first book, seemed like it was over for them especially after Robb got into Riverrun, defeated Jamie Lannister's party and held him hostage. It seemed over for them.

Robb was a made a huge mistake but he was young (Ned would have never made the mistake) and he went far beyond what was expected of him as a kid.
    What pissed me off the most from the first book was Lysa Arryn, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's a shame because in the book Jon Arryn has a great reputation. The Blackfish is a G.
    Sansa acted FOOLISHLY by confiding in Cersei and informing her of Neds plans which led to his demise.

Of all of them, Ned would have made the best king and Stannis second. Robb was too inexperienced though in a few years he could very well have been a GREAT king. Renly was not serious enough, he wanted to the glory but his administrating would have been questionable. ALL of them would have been better than Joffrey though, let's be honest.

Oh and Tywin Lannister is a G and I love the way Tyrion takes the piss out of Cersei when he becomes hand.
    Last edited by hayZ; 07-02-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      Robb gets too much "he's an idiot" blame, at least he's young as hell, so its kind of a given....we all know that ***** Catelyn is the real idiot...
      It all starts with Catelyn. If she didn't kidnap Tyrion Ned might still be alive. Also, I believe she used Brienne as a way to get her girls back. Why would she send her on such a dangerous mission. The Lannisters would of never given her Sansa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trigg happpy View Post
        It all starts with Catelyn. If she didn't kidnap Tyrion Ned might still be alive. Also, I believe she used Brienne as a way to get her girls back. Why would she send her on such a dangerous mission. The Lannisters would of never given her Sansa.
        not really, it all starts when Jaime pushes Bran off the tower. From that point on Catelyn has been on the edge especially with the Lannisters

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          not really, it all starts when Jaime pushes Bran off the tower. From that point on Catelyn has been on the edge especially with the Lannisters
          No it starts off with

S P O I L E R

S P O I L E R

S P O I L E R

Lysa (not going to say anything else here, if you want to know google her just in case someone see's this accidently)

S P O I L E R

S P O I L E R

S P O I L E R

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            "Ser Arthur Dayne can kill you all with his left hand while taking a piss with his right" - Jaime Lannister

that is all
            These people don't know about Arthur Dayne. Unfortunately, they won't know about Strong Belwas either. Of all the characters to cut out...

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              These people don't know about Arthur Dayne. Unfortunately, they won't know about Strong Belwas either. Of all the characters to cut out...
              I was big time disappointed when I heard Strong Belwas got cut ... I'm still hoping they'll add him before Meereen

Comment

Ultimately both minor characters who had to be removed. Dayne isn't even alive, so they just melded his character with Barristan. There are plenty of other things to criticize. Hell, even the title of the series. It's called A Song Of Ice and Fire for a very important reason, one which is totally unapparent to even the most attentive viewer.

Comment

• Ok guys lets back up to season 3. Some of you are posing spoilers from future books.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                    I was big time disappointed when I heard Strong Belwas got cut ... I'm still hoping they'll add him before Meereen
                    They confirmed he's gone.

Comment

They confirmed he's gone.
                      Strong Belwas wasn't really that important...he's just some sort of tertiary character who had nothing to contribute to the narrative

Comment

Working...
                      X