No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
    Would you want to be Jorah right now? Starving and frying in the desert, but getting that good pu$$y
    I could think of worse ways to go. Not sure what's left after Drogo and some freaky half human half dragon baby though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      This was my favorite episode so far, had the best pace. Tyrion is a boss, so is Yoren.

Theon's switch in loyalty wasn't rushed IMO, it's one of the things that the show can't properly lay out compared to the books but he is still bitter about being taken hostage. It's not an easy choice, but it's not a hard one.

And hell yes, Renly, Margaery, and Brienne. So happy they are in the show now. LOL at Renly trying to blame his impotence on wine. Who the hell ever heard of "wine d*ck", come on. If Margaery didn't know his was gay beforehand, she sure as hell would have known right then.
      Thing is, as he noted, that's all his father's fault, not the Starks'. Given the limited amount of time they dealt with it, it would seem far more natural for him to go against his father rather than join him. The scene right before the letter had him calling out his father for the hypocrite POS he truly is. I'd have been like "why don't you take another knee old man?"

Incidentally, they really should've cast Julie Cox for this series, one of the hottest British actresses around.

Comment

Thing is, as he noted, that's all his father's fault, not the Starks'. Given the limited amount of time they dealt with it, it would seem far more natural for him to go against his father rather than join him. The scene right before the letter had him calling out his father for the hypocrite POS he truly is. I'd have been like "why don't you take another knee old man?"

Incidentally, they really should've cast Julie Cox for this series, one of the hottest British actresses around.

All about seeking approval man. That's why Theon suggested the plan from the beginning, he wanted to impress his father. Insecure like that.

Comment

I agree regarding the constraints of television. I just think this is one of those things that doesn't transition well due to them.
          It’s basically the same in the book Theon is forced to make a decision and he does it. Theon was a hostage at Winterfell taken from his family at a young age Robb was the only Stark he had any real affection for he chose his real family over his captors family.

Comment

• A couple of things irritated me this episode.

The fight at the end so Yoren and his band take shelter in a holdfast but he decides to run outside into the open at the first sign of trouble (not the actions of an experienced man of the nights watch) None of the others join in and help while he’s still alive but they decide to charge at their attackers as soon as he’s dead……… wtf

Tyrion puts his beloved whore in the service of Sansa Stark someone very much right under the Queens nose the very person he’s trying to protect her from…… doesn’t seem like something he would do as smart as he is.

On the plus side I think the actor playing Brienne is spot on also Margaery is sexy spot on casting once again.

Comment

• Also thought the gay scene was unnecessary doesn’t add anything to the story time could have been much better used elsewhere filling out other scenes etc.

I could say the same thing about the brothel scene last week but at least we got to see women there and not men I know sex sells but not a fan of overdoing it there putting in sex scenes for the sake of it.

Comment

• The gay scene sets up Marg to come in and reveal that she knows what is going on between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                  Also thought the gay scene was unnecessary doesn’t add anything to the story time could have been much better used elsewhere filling out other scenes etc.

I could say the same thing about the brothel scene last week but at least we got to see women there and not men I know sex sells but not a fan of overdoing it there putting in sex scenes for the sake of it.
                  It establishes the contrast between his previous frivolous way of life and the serious responsibility now demanded of him, to the extent that his sexuality must be compromised to rule.

Comment

• Next week's preview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post

Next week's preview.
                      Oh sh**. People going to be loving next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X