No announcement yet.

The White Stripes Are Dead, U Mad?: Dedicated to MIB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    That's a very good point. But with food, you can break down the nutritional value of it. The ingredients used to make that food. The effects of eating that food, etc.
    With music you can break down the technical, cultural, aesthetic, literary, vocal and just about every other aspect that goes into good music.

Music isn't some esoteric quantity that exists in a vacuum, it has ingredients just like food does.

Some music is the equivalent of McDonalds i.e rap, or cheap justin bieber type regenerated trash for the masses comprised of pure filler and garbage.

And other music is the equivalent of a master chef's medley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
      If you can talk, you can rap. Go to youtube and you'll see millions of examples of "rappers"

What message is that exactly? The one about bitches sucking **** or the one about sweat dripping from my balls?

Its not real music because its not real music. It has nothing to do with me.

Its a guy talking over computer sounds and music they stole from real musicians.
      You can find millions of rappers on youtube and same goes to the other millions of guitar, drum, piano, bass players.

If you think rap is all about guns, money, and bitches i feel sorry for you.

If a guy can smack a trash can with a stick, he can play drums

If a guy can press buttons, he can play a piano

If a guy can pull strings, he can play a guitar

If a guy can talk, he can sing

Using your logic this all must be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blooper View Post
        mcdonalds being looked down upon by ppl is a by product of culture.

taste has got nothing to do with it.

my kid loves the big mac and that's his favorite food over everything else that we give him.

he's a kid. does that mean his taste doesn't count as relevant?
        As far as him being your kid its relevant. As far as him having a valid opinion on culinary arts no he doesn't.

Originally posted by Blooper View Post

damn you're arrogant.
        You used eating goddamn poodle as your example?

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Cute! View Post
          You can find millions of rappers on youtube and same goes to the other millions of guitar, drum, piano, bass players.

If you think rap is all about guns, money, and bitches i feel sorry for you.

If a guy can smack a trash can with a stick, he can play drums

If a guy can press buttons, he can play a piano

If a guy can pull strings, he can play a guitar

If a guy can talk, he can sing

Using your logic this all must be true.
          lol, its much easier to talk over beats with some of your "poetry" than to play an instrument.

One actually takes talent. Even if you wanna call what "rappers" do a talent its a minimal talent akin to someone who can put their entire fist in their mouth.

Something for the circus, not for prime time.

Comment

Yeah, its called quality. On both counts.

Quality can be judged accurately in music. If you know what you're talking about.
            Its still music regardless if its high or low quality.

You can judge music but the person next to you can judge it differently.

That's what you're not getting.

Comment

lol, its much easier to talk over beats with some of your "poetry" than to play an instrument.

One actually takes talent. Even if you wanna call what "rappers" do a talent its a minimal talent akin to someone who can put their entire fist in their mouth.

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE

[IMG]http://images1.*****************/ImageMacro/4958708/U-MAD-BRAH.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=u-MAD-BRU[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Cute! View Post
                Its still music regardless if its high or low quality.

You can judge music but the person next to you can judge it differently.

That's what you're not getting.
                I get it. I'm just saying that not all opinions carry the same weight when we're talking about this critically.

Comment

As far as him being your kid its relevant. As far as him having a valid opinion on culinary arts no he doesn't.
                  i'm not implying he be afforded an opinion on taste.

but be recognized he chose the bigmac as his favorite over everything else based PRIMARILY on taste.

and he's definitely not alone on this.

does that mean all the others have terrible taste too?

again, who decides?

You used eating goddamn poodle as your example?

i was just using an extreme example to make a point.

Comment

If someone told you that McDonalds is great food would you take their opinion on food seriously?

Or would you peg them as ignorant to food?

Cuz' that's really what this boils down to.
                    That's almost as bad as your soccer example...

Comment

Its all still music.

Ive already said playing an instrument takes more talent but that doesnt mean rap takes no talent cause its not the same level of talent as rock is.

Rapping isnt about just talking. You have to put yourself on the track to give it life. Anyone can make a dull freestyle but it takes time and effort to make a track where you will have ppl putting your shit on replay.

Rap is music whether you like it or not

Comment

Working...
                      X