Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved it when heel Michaels really gave it to them Canadiens - he would always get the biggest pops during those promos;

Comment

• You're selling Bret Hart short, mate.

He is a legend; his matches with HBK, Bulldog & Stone Cold alone make him a legend.

Check out Lennox Lewis waving the flag for the Bulldog;

Comment

• Didn't have a great look?

C'mon man - the black & pink is classic;

Comment

• Stoney he came at a weak time, what options did fans have they were pushing Luger who is a and always was a bootleg Hogan as the only other viable baby face oh and Tatanka.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Stoney he came at a weak time, what options did fans have they were pushing Luger who is a and always was a bootleg Hogan as the only other viable baby face oh and Tatanka.
            Cena's time is weaker - who does he have as his rivals in WWE?

Orton? Decent heel, nothing more.

The Miz? Lamest gimmick ever

Sheamus? Don't make me laugh.

RVD? Not dedicated enough. Lazy performer.

Really, when Lesnar was still in the WWE he was head and shoulders above Cena.

Hart had the Undertaker, Michaels, Sid, Kane, Diesel, Austin, Bulldog, Owen etc etc as his contemporaries and he led the industry for a while.

That's immense.

Comment

Well tell me what was so great about Bret? Same few moves every match, didn't have a great look or gimmick, and couldn't shoot a live promo.
              I disagree all the way around. I sense some Bret hate from you.

He's not a Mexican slugger so I don't know why you hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocks! View Post
                Cena's time is weaker - who does he have as his rivals in WWE?

Orton? Decent heel, nothing more.

The Miz? Lamest gimmick ever

Sheamus? Don't make me laugh.

RVD? Not dedicated enough. Lazy performer.

Really, when Lesnar was still in the WWE he was head and shoulders above Cena.

Hart had the Undertaker, Michaels, Sid, Kane, Diesel, Austin, Bulldog, Owen etc etc as his contemporaries and he led the industry for a while.

That's immense.
                Taker was not really an established face at the time, Kane didn't come out until 97 when his run was over, Sid was a heel, Austin was just getting started in WWE, Nash was a heel, Bulldog was always a midcarder, Owen was still a midcarder.

Today is not great but Batista is comp, Triple H got passed over, HBK was still around and got passed over for a top spot and so did the Taker while Cena is selling well and though his matches are not great he shoots and excellent promo.

Comment

Stoney he came at a weak time, what options did fans have they were pushing Luger who is a and always was a bootleg Hogan as the only other viable baby face oh and Tatanka.
                  Bret was around the golden age of the wwf. Razor was around, Perfect was around, Yokozuna, Undertaker, I mean the list goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                    Bret was around the golden age of the wwf. Razor was around, Perfect was around, Yokozuna, Undertaker, I mean the list goes on.
                    Your naming heels mostly.

Comment

Taker was not really an established face at the time, Kane didn't come out until 97 when his run was over, Sid was a heel, Austin was just getting started in WWE, Nash was a heel, Bulldog was always a midcarder, Owen was still a midcarder.

Today is not great but Batista is comp, Triple H got passed over, HBK was still around and got passed over for a top spot and so did the Taker while Cena is selling well and though his matches are not great he shoots and excellent promo.
                      Cena come's off like a fraud.

What's the deal with Triple H these days? Is he done? He used to be a favorite too. His work with DX was legendary.

Comment

Working...
                      X