No announcement yet.

If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Steelfist View Post
    times have changed. I don't think the good guy act he had would have resonated well in today's world. Everyone is too cynical to buy into that **** right now.

Originally posted by HOMELESS BUM View Post
    LOL.. listen man i still watch wwe from time to time.. and they have a guy called Cena. He no sells, wrestles much like Hogan and always usually wins to keep the kids happy now its all PG

He is the superhero type face much like Hogan was

Yes but the guy is right, people are too cynical. John Cena constantly gets booed, despite his Female-Kids fanbase. It's the internet, people can now talk and exchange ideas and thoughts about Wrestling. The fans now more than ever are conscious about the whole Face-Heel, good vs bad fakeness of Wrestling. Hell some people do nothing but talk about that online.

They didn't have this in the days of Hulk Hogan. It was easy to sucker the audience into cheering for this guy and booing that guy. Now it's like the fans do the opposite of what the Wrestling Writers want them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAmzzino View Post
      I'm watching TNA and i can't believe how much they have ruined the Kurt Angle character. He was one of the greatest heels i have seen in wrestling. He played the 'i'm an olympic gold medalist you will respect me' role very well! Now TNA have tried to turn him into some kind of badass face and it don't suit him at all. He has also lost alot of muscle since leaving the WWE.

This is Kurt Angle at his best...He was born for this role....nobody could get a reaction form the crowd like Kurt Angle...

Kurt Angle in TNA with hip hop entrance music.....wtf??

ROFL. IF the Undertaker signed with TNA, he'd probably be walking out to Techno Music.

But some people like that. Kurt in WWE had some funny gimmicks, like when he was drinking milk as a response to Stonecold's beer drinking. They made him do that. Then they turned him into a more aggressive character which was more real.

The Kurt in TNA is the real Kurt, he has creative control. In wwe, they told him what to do, more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
        ROFL. IF the Undertaker signed with TNA, he'd probably be walking out to Techno Music.

But some people like that. Kurt in WWE had some funny gimmicks, like when he was drinking milk as a response to Stonecold's beer drinking. They made him do that. Then they turned him into a more aggressive character which was more real.

The Kurt in TNA is the real Kurt, he has creative control. In wwe, they told him what to do, more or less.
        Kurt Angle was not only a great wrestler but he was a great character! Never really worked when the WWE tried to make him a face but as a heel there are very few that are better! I much prefer WWE Kurt Angle to TNA Kurt Angle....TNA Kurt Angle just seems like a Stone cold wannabe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
          Wait, can you elaborate on this?

I don't get it. Shawn was acting like a buffoon to get back at Hogan? Go deeper spray.
          Yes, because they agreed before that Hogan would win this one and at a later PPV HBK would beat Hogan but Hogan just before shit was about to go down says **** that we have to do this leg drop clean pin and he wasn't going to be back for a rematch because Hogan had a contract at the time with WWE where he could basically do whatever he wanted.

So the only thing HBK could do was make him look like an ass by overselling

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Yes, because they agreed before that Hogan would win this one and at a later PPV HBK would beat Hogan but Hogan just before shit was about to go down says **** that we have to do this leg drop clean pin and he wasn't going to be back for a rematch because Hogan had a contract at the time with WWE where he could basically do whatever he wanted.

Wow, ok.... damn. This wrestling **** is really fascinating.

So overselling the other guys power is a way to mock him? Are the fans in on this or do they reallly think Hogan can chop down mountains with his hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Wow, ok.... damn. This wrestling **** is really fascinating.

So overselling the other guys power is a way to mock him? Are the fans in on this or do they reallly think Hogan can chop down mountains with his hands?

Spray is like the sensei of professional wrestling in the last 15 years.

He should write a book.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Spray is like the sensei of professional wrestling in the last 15 years.

He should write a book.
                help me handicap Rios/Acosta

Comment

Man do you have a life? Like seriously. You post all ****ing day long and you have a daily post count higher than g dogs. ****ing pathetic no life loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                    Man do you have a life? Like seriously. You post all ****ing day long and you have a daily post count higher than g dogs. ****ing pathetic no life loser.

Some of us wish we could post all day, but Jack is living the dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post

Get back to me on it. I have my initial thoughts on it, but I kind of wanna get some insider info before I commit.

Wonderful fight, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X