No announcement yet.

Bill Maher on guns: I have a Gun, but nobody else should have a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    what do YOU think it means? spell it out.

i think you don't understand it.
    If you understood what "militia" in the time when it was written meant you would understand it better. If you do some research on the topic you can find out a lot more information. If I tell you what it means it won't get through to you. It's why I don't get into long drawn out debates on the internet. If you want the truth you can find it. If you want to be ignorant you can stay ignorant. It's not up to me to inform you.

Comment

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

THE PEOPLE are the militia.

do you ****s even know what a militia is?

we're not talking national guard or army reserves.

the militia is every able bodied man with a weapon.
      Hooks is right, the right to carry weapons was specifically written so that every state could organize its own army, hell every farm could defend itself. It was sorta implied, because of the circumstances of the time, like possible war with right about anyone.

Militia IS a self organized para military squad with a purpose to keep order and defend from any possible attackers. Its NOT a government organized force.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
        If you understood what "militia" in the time when it was written meant you would understand it better. If you do some research on the topic you can find out a lot more information. If I tell you what it means it won't get through to you. It's why I don't get into long drawn out debates on the internet. If you want the truth you can find it. If you want to be ignorant you can stay ignorant. It's not up to me to inform you.
        lmfao

i think you're the one that's ignorant.

you're arguing against a guy who supports the 2nd amendment and gun ownership.

Comment

lmfao

i think you're the one that's ignorant.

you're arguing against a guy who supports the 2nd amendment and gun ownership.
          I honestly don't care about a 2nd amendment but I do know about it. If you spent a couple hours reading James Madison you wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I'm an anarchist and pacifist personally and have no intentions of ever owning a gun.

Comment

I honestly don't care about a 2nd amendment but I do know about it. If you spent a couple hours reading James Madison you wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I'm an anarchist and pacifist personally and have no intentions of ever owning a gun.
            explain it then since you're so smart.

explain what this means:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Comment

it'll take you 1 minute.

explain what the 2nd amendment means. or what you think it means.

Comment

explain it then since you're so smart.

explain what this means:

"ask" the authors of it with some googling if you are truly interested.

Comment

it'll take you 1 minute.

explain what the 2nd amendment means. or what you think it means.
                  You are looking to pick apart an argument over the internet not looking to actually learn anything. I'm not going to participate.

Comment

Left calling him out but he won't bite

Comment

In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits State and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government.

We can argue about the 2nd Amendment till the cows come home, but I'll abide by these recent Supreme Court interpretations.

Comment

Working...
                      X