Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad he shot in the face. Fuking C****. Child molesting fuk.

Comment

• Who liked Dr. Narcisse gettin' smoked in the middle of one of his arrogant speeches? He had it coming to him. The whole series could have ended there and I would have been happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
        Who liked Dr. Narcisse gettin' smoked in the middle of one of his arrogant speeches? He had it coming to him. The whole series could have ended there and I would have been happy.
        That fuk made me sick. I laughed when he got smoked talking all that rubbish. Him with all his big words. A walking thesaurus...and everyone in his click couldn't even read much less understand wtf he was saying! He was long over due for a bullet in the mouth!

Comment

• Was kinda hoping Chalkey wasn't actually dead and came back somehow but atleast that POS narrcesse died. Tommy Darmody never even crossed my mind after Richard died. So that made it a really sick ass finale.

Comment

• I thought it was a great finale. Unfortunately I heard a theory that Tommy was the kid Mickey hired the episode after it happened so ever since I began to suspect it more and more that it was him. I thought the way they intertwined the flashback and the present in the last 10 minutes was perfect, basically saying he died the moment he decided to give Gillian away to the commodore. Still a shame it was only 8 episodes and that there was the huge time jump before this season, but I think it still would have ended the same no matter what.

Comment

• I've just watched the final episode!

I found the last series as a whole disappointing. Just seemed rushed as hell. Seemed like they were rushing through all the principal characters, bumping them off as quickly as they could in order to tie up loose ends. The major deaths in the previous seasons (Jimmy, Richard Harrow etc) were very powerfully done, but that was not the case in this series. All the deaths just kinda happened, with minimal sense of drama.

However the final episode was actually very good in my opinion. Nuckys flashbacks, which seemed like a bit if a distraction for much of the series, came to a fitting conclusion. We saw the moment Nucky sold his soul, as he delivered the innocent, trusting, Gillian Dormady to the Commodore and then we saw the moment of karmic retribution as her Grandson got revenge for 3 generations of Dormadys. I thought it was nicely done.

The scene where Capone said goodbye to his son was surprisingly touching. And the fact that Narcisse was gunned down in the street like the criminal he is, in front of all those that believed his delusions that he was someone grander and more noble was perfect. Or would have been perfect if it had been Chalkey who pulled the trigger!

All in all the final series was a bit of a dud, but that last episode did redeem it somewhat.

Comment

• Fitting how Nucky died on the very boardwalk that he built an empire on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                  I've just watched the final episode!

I found the last series as a whole disappointing. Just seemed rushed as hell. Seemed like they were rushing through all the principal characters, bumping them off as quickly as they could in order to tie up loose ends. The major deaths in the previous seasons (Jimmy, Richard Harrow etc) were very powerfully done, but that was not the case in this series. All the deaths just kinda happened, with minimal sense of drama.

However the final episode was actually very good in my opinion. Nuckys flashbacks, which seemed like a bit if a distraction for much of the series, came to a fitting conclusion. We saw the moment Nucky sold his soul, as he delivered the innocent, trusting, Gillian Dormady to the Commodore and then we saw the moment of karmic retribution as her Grandson got revenge for 3 generations of Dormadys. I thought it was nicely done.

The scene where Capone said goodbye to his son was surprisingly touching. And the fact that Narcisse was gunned down in the street like the criminal he is, in front of all those that believed his delusions that he was someone grander and more noble was perfect. Or would have been perfect if it had been Chalkey who pulled the trigger!

All in all the final series was a bit of a dud, but that last episode did redeem it somewhat.
                  absolutely agree.

but its to be expected. most great shows have awful last season. the sopranos last season sucked. sons of anarchy is sucking right now. the wire last season sucked. dexter, jesus that was horrible last season. the only great show i could think of that had a great last season is breaking bad.

i mean they didnt even show arnold rothstein getting killed and he was so prominent in the show.

i blame game of thrones.

ever since game of thrones blew up to mythical proportions with all the talked about deaths, it seems like every show is trying to be more like them killing characters indiscriminately. Dexter killing debra made no sense. the problem with trying to be like thrones is that thrones has tons of characters. they can do that and still be well off.

it would have been better had nucky survived and ended up saving jillian from the nut house. i mean killing chalky white is a perfect example. they didnt have to do that.

Comment

• Im finally done watching the entire show. After binge watching season 1-5 for 3 weeks straight.

Out of everybody, Arnold Rothstien was my favorite character. Wished they wouldve at least show how he died.

Comment

• I didn't have a problem with the quality of series 5, it was still good tv, it just felt like this was one show that still had more to give. There wasn't any need to skip 8 years, kill everyone off and wrap it up in 8 years, there was still plenty of room to make tv about that period. Maybe Nucky was feeling a bit of a tired character but they could have limited him a bit and focused more on the other characters and had at least 1 more series before killing everyone off.

Comment

Working...
                      X