Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get muscles without using creating or protein??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
    Id rather just eat the 2*6 oz steaks.

or like 2 cod fillets or a can and a half of tuna or 20 some shrimp ect....
    Thats not enough, I would take 2x2 scoops a day.
    Which is roughly 100grams of Protein, On a typical day for lunch I would have a chicken breast and salad (30 grams protein) and Dinner I would have a 8oz steak diced into stirfry with veg (56 grams of protein).

Then for supper I would have 6 chicken wings (36 grams of protein) and MAYBE a shake if Im hungry. It's rare I would have another shake though.

No take into consideration I have consumed 216gram's of protein on seth day.
    Little under half of that came from Protein shakes, at each serving costing roughly 20cent.
    You get vitamins and all different kinds of electrolytes.
    Don't look down on them, do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUS * View Post
      Which is roughly 100grams of Protein, On a typical day for lunch I would have a chicken breast and salad (30 grams protein) and Dinner I would have a 8oz steak diced into stirfry with veg (56 grams of protein).

Then for supper I would have 6 chicken wings (36 grams of protein) and MAYBE a shake if Im hungry. It's rare I would have another shake though.

Little under half of that came from Protein shakes, at each serving costing roughly 20cent.
      steak fish shrimp chicken all have vitamins and electrolytes and taste much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
        steak fish shrimp chicken all have vitamins and electrolytes and taste much better.
        Well if you can afford to eat all that everyday then lucky you!
        The amount of food you would have to eat to make up your Recommending daily intake for Building muscle will most likely make you bloat,
        But hey thats just down to the person.

Comment

Well if you can afford to eat all that everyday then lucky you!
          The amount of food you would have to eat to make up your Recommending daily intake for Building muscle will most likely make you bloat,
          But hey thats just down to the person.
          if im trying to eat twice my body weight in protein i might bloat but the normal person who trains hard only needs about .5 grams per pound and if anything carbs are much more important for things like jogging or biking an hour a day or shadow boxing and hitting the bag for an hour a day, as they supply energy for the cardio based activities and prevent your body from having to use protien and muscle as energy during cardio based activities.

of course the thread says building muscles which you might want 1 gram per pound but even then if you stop running as much you still only really need about .5 per pound. 1-2 grams per pounds is just over doing it and you end up wasting your money and crapping out alot of it.

plus a bag of like 30 some frozen cod fillets is like 8$ at a whole sale store 90-120 medium shrimp 7$ 7 lbs of chicken breasts for like 12$ 2.5's lb of 99% fat free ground beef 5$'s 24 pack of tuna 10$ its really not all that expensive.

Comment

TS you said your mainly pretty fit apart from you have a bit of belly maybe try one of the male ab belts which you just stick on for half an hour or so a day. They do work very well imo especially if you eat well and work out a bit

Comment

Exactly how I feel mate, My family give me a lot of shit practically my uncle for taking them,
              "You wouldn't know whats in them," but they are great.
              Whey Protein is loaded with Vitamins aswell as Protein,
              I take USN Whey Protein. 73 Gram's of Protein in 3 scoops,
              which is the equilavant of 2x 6oz Steaks in one drink?
              Perfect.

I never used Optimum nutrition but I have been thinking about getting it for my next tub as the one I am on now is running out.
              Is it low in carbs?
              Try it, bro..It taste so good, it's like a snack... It's 4 grams of Carbs per serving.

I agree with you.. Why go through all the trouble of rounding up and spending all that money on certain foods, then cooking it when you can just add one scoop of powder to some skim milk, stir and done..And it's better for you than them meals...Although I do love a big steak and shrimp..lol

Comment

Protein powders are more of an easy way of getting protein after a workout but a huge benefit of whey protein is that it's the highest quality protein. And it's usually fairly cheap. Whether you have a shake or a can tuna after a work out, just make sure you get protein.

Creatine is a nice boost and a good confidence booster if you're just starting out. My experience was that i was able to push out more reps and my body got really sculpted in a short period of time. Make sure and drink lots of water throughout the day if you take creatine. Most people will tell you to cycle with it.
                Last edited by MartinM.; 09-08-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Your body can only process so much Protein
                  Sticking to about 0.8 grams per gram of lean body mass a day, is more than enough.

Comment

You need to become a fata$$, otherwise forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinM. View Post
                      Protein powders are more of an easy way of getting protein after a workout but a huge benefit of whey protein is that it's the highest quality protein. And it's usually fairly cheap. Whether you have a shake or a can tuna after a work out, just make sure you get protein.

Creatine is a nice boost and a good confidence booster if you're just starting out. My experience was that i was able to push out more reps and my body got really sculpted in a short period of time. Make sure and drink lots of water throughout the day if you take creatine. Most people will tell you to cycle with it.
                      Only recently a huge number of the top supplement companies found out the protein they were being supplied was garbage, so don't always believe what it says on the tub

And TS, the main thing is eating right, it sounds like such a small part but it's vital
                      If you stick to a healthy, high in protein diet and train throughout the week with days off for recovery, you'll see improvement in no time.

Comment

Working...
                      X