No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    if you got kids and you're planning to take them to watch the Lego Movie then don't it was straight up garbage 3/10
    Did your kids think it sucked too?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Did your kids think it sucked too?
      the little one kept asking when is it over thru out the movie

so yes, he thought it sucked

Comment

• stories we tell

aahh... the power of a documentary... it could go plumb the human condition in a way no fictional narrative could ever hope to achieve...

its a family saga where the adulterous matriarch is it's focal point... the film is alive and colorful full of nuances and gravitas coming from all directions...

its a single story and yet it is so multithreaded glued in part by sarah polley's skills... but the main factor that makes this thing really work is us, the audience as we have empathy that makes us relate to such 3 dimensiional characters that populate the film (mainly the father, the mother, and the lover...)

I want to watch more of sarah though... was she just lucky to have presented a film with a very rich source material or is she a really a good filmmaker?

great stuff... 9.5....
        Last edited by talip bin osman; 02-16-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          if you got kids and you're planning to take them to watch the Lego Movie then don't it was straight up garbage 3/10
          You've never realized how horrible life can be until you watch The Rainbow Bright Movie. 15 minutes into it I wanted to slit my throat. However the kids loved it.

Comment

• Finally watched gravity. Id give it 7.

Comment

• Theres a short film also about indian guy, dog, baby that sandra encountered over the phone

Comment

• short term 12

powerful and gripping film about the people who populate a care facility for troubled teenagers... its an establishment film that doesnt try to be like "cuckoos nest" or "shawshank..." actually, it does the opposite and rarely goes melodramatic and overbearing... its something like "dangerous minds" but less glorifying, has more dimensional nuanced and relatable charcters...

the narration of the backstory is exquisite and the story itself has had great pacing...

mesmerizing...

Comment

• captain phillips...

totally boring & was very disappointed... most tom hanks movies are good but this was a stinker in my opinion..

Comment

• watched riddick & thor 2...

I give thor 2 a 5\10 & Riddick a 6\10... most comic book movies from marvel are not very good & Riddick had it's moments but I just wish vin diesel would get rid of the cheesy punch lines. it makes him hard to take serious...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Gravity- 9/10.

Absolutely stunning visuals. Story/script were bollocks, but it didn't matter at all.
                      The visuals alone make that movie must see. Not much of a story I agree. I wish I could have seen it in theaters.

Comment

Working...
                      X