No announcement yet.

"Band Off" - Nirvana vs Radiohead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
    I think, isn't it like the dub cover of a Radiohead CD?
    Yeah man. It's pretty good.

Comment

Damn I wish this was Primal Scream vs Radiohead. The Scream did the dub versions before Radiohead.

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
        Damn I wish this was Primal Scream vs Radiohead. The Scream did the dub versions before Radiohead.
        primal scream is a great band no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
          Yeah man. It's pretty good.

Yeah they do a pretty good job, I think they have a cover album of dark side of the moon too.

Comment

Yeah they do a pretty good job, I think they have a cover album of dark side of the moon too.
            Yeah that's probably better tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
              Okay I'm down with the bold. I'm sick of the anthems and I like live music.

You're right about the superior musicianship but superior musicianship isn't what makes good music, especially a 3-piece, otherwise ska and reggae wouldn't have kicked off in Jamaica it would have been jazz.

But ska and reggae got people moving so it was more popular than jazz and the kids lapped it up.
              Thats all.
              Ska was born because of the Jamaican's love of New Orlean's Jazz, then incepted their own mento and calypso tune that later became the greatest genre outta the carribean.

The third wave ska and reggae revivals are what made the kids lapped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                Ska was born because of the Jamaican's love of New Orlean's Jazz, then incepted their own mento and calypso tune that later became the greatest genre outta the carribean.

This guy knows what he's talking about, Jazz and R&B from the mainland turned into Ska which then was slowed down to "rocksteady" and that was slowed down even more to become reggae.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

...and the rhythms and melodies aren't overly complex or conceptual either.

Thats my point, dude.

Comment

damn, its a lot closer than i thought.... in all fairness though, nirvana was kind of cut short... who knows how great their prime could have been!??!

Comment

This guy knows what he's talking about, Jazz and R&B from the mainland turned into Ska which then was slowed down to "rocksteady" and that was slowed down even more to become reggae.
                      "The Harder They Come" made me listen to it properly though..

Comment

Working...
                      X