No announcement yet.

"Band Off" - Nirvana vs Radiohead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
    All the Sonic Youth fans were giving it sellout to the Norvana fans. Its true. I'm still happy I got to see Sonic Youth doing Daydream Nation in a bar here a while back and it wasn't a moshpit it was cool.

Reason Radiohead live shows are so good? They get producers to lay out for massive lightshows and big stages. If thats what you want you're much better with the Chemical Brothers cos you won't get Thom Yorke whining at you on a big screen with animations in the background and a massive speaker that makes you wan to slit your wrists and cry.

A stadium filler doesn't make you crap but I would rather see Led Zep than ELP, cos they play proper rock and roll and not prog. Nirvana could have been Led Zep but died Radiohead are just ELP.

And thats what Radiohead are, just a modern prog-rock band.

They really, really grind my gears
    and Nirvana was a 1 sided grunge band who played power chords and screamed into a microphone.

When i started playing guitar Nirvana songs were the easiest to learn from because there were like maybe 3 chords a song.

Radiohead is not a style you can find...much like other great musicians.

the fact is that Nirvana's style, chord structure, fan group, etc. has all been done before and they were rolling off the backs of bands like Sonic Youth. Anyone can play like Nirvana and many bands have tryed over the years.

You cant reproduce Radiohead just ask Coldplay.

If you didnt have this built up rage against Radiohead and listened to more songs than Creep and Karma Police you would see.

Ok Computer, The Bends, Hail to the Thief, Amnesiac/Kid A(made at the same time), In Rainbows, all of their albums have its own feel and totally different approach to writing.

Nirvana had the same formula for ever album

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
      Cos they're too progressive.
      LOL progressive like how mate?

I mean in modern prog-rock taste we're gonna talk about Dream Theater but Radiohead's just not prog-rock.

Comment

Comment

Radiohead, I've heard enough smells like teen spirit to last me a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
            Radiohead, I've heard enough smells like teen spirit to last me a lifetime.
            Have you ever listed to Radiodread?

Comment

Two of my favourite bands, I vote for Radiohead simply because of their broader back catalogue (by no fault of Nirvana's of course).

And I think the musical direction they've followed and the way they've evolved is a little bit more interesting. Two very different bands though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                Have you ever listed to Radiodread?
                I think, isn't it like the dub cover of a Radiohead CD?

Comment

Both are **** imo.

Have to go with Nirvana over radiohead though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    and Nirvana was a 1 sided grunge band who played power chords and screamed into a microphone.

When i started playing guitar Nirvana songs were the easiest to learn from because there were like maybe 3 chords a song.

Radiohead is not a style you can find...much like other great musicians.

the fact is that Nirvana's style, chord structure, fan group, etc. has all been done before and they were rolling off the backs of bands like Sonic Youth. Anyone can play like Nirvana and many bands have tryed over the years.

You cant reproduce Radiohead just ask Coldplay.

If you didnt have this built up rage against Radiohead and listened to more songs than Creep and Karma Police you would see.

Ok Computer, The Bends, Hail to the Thief, Amnesiac/Kid A(made at the same time), In Rainbows, all of their albums have its own feel and totally different approach to writing.

Nirvana had the same formula for ever album
                    Okay I'm down with the bold. I'm sick of the anthems and I like live music.

You're right about the superior musicianship but superior musicianship isn't what makes good music, especially a 3-piece, otherwise ska and reggae wouldn't have kicked off in Jamaica it would have been jazz.

But ska and reggae got people moving so it was more popular than jazz and the kids lapped it up.

Thats all.

Comment

Nirvana FTW

Comment

Working...
                      X