No announcement yet.

Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- The Mexican government criticized Wednesday a tough immigration law approved this week by Arizona legislators, saying it could result in rights violations and racial profiling and affect cross-border relations.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said in a statement relayed through Mexico's U.S. embassy that it viewed the measure with great concern and said it "could have potentially serious effects on the civil rights" of Mexican nationals.

"Mexico views with concern the possible negative effects the measure could have, if approved, on the development of the ties of friendship, culture, commerce and tourism that have characterized Mexico's relations with Arizona for generations," according to the statement.

The law has been approved by the Arizona legislators and is awaiting consideration by Gov. Jan Brewer. The measures makes it a state crime for migrants to be in Arizona without documents.

Mexico also said the bill "opens the door to the inappropriate use of racial profiling."

An estimated 11.8 million Mexicans live in the United States. A large percentage are undocumented, and Arizona has been one of the main routes for undocumented migration into the United States.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Mexica....html?x=0&.v=1

lol.....this ain't gonna stop border jumpers from finding alternative routes into the US

Comment

I think these laws are a great first step to safely and fairly curbing illegal immigration.

Comment

wow that's not good for the immigrant. Some of them come over for a better life.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          wow that's not good for the immigrant. Some of them come over for a better life.
          that's not good for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS don't have to worry about a single thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
            that's not good for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS don't have to worry about a single thing.
            I don't know what you said but Vida is looking hot on your avi..

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
              Exactly .... The problem that needs to be addressed are the illegals.

Legal immigrants are no problem at all.

Comment

**** law

i dont know what to think

Comment

What the mexican government needs to be worrying about is getting ridi of them bandidos that's terrorizing the country stitching fools faces to soccer balls, and flat out "Santinoing" any and everyone they feel no longer deserves to live...GTFOH I wouldn't want anyone putting a pad lock on my toilet either... BTW you know whom is hurt by racial profilling in most cases? The mutha****@$ with something to hide... What do I care about a sobriety check point, if I haven't had anything to drink?
                  Last edited by Living Legend; 04-22-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

mexico needs to fix up its own country first

the united states ****ed latin america

and now its biting everyone in the ass

Comment

Working...
                    X