Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone who isn't of hispanic decent prolly feels this is necessary and that racial profiling is just a necessary evil. But why should I be affected by the actions of others? Why should I, who was born in Houston, Tx, have to put up with a police officer just stopping me because of the way I look or because of the way the person that is with me looks and be asked to prove our citizenship?

About 70% of all serial killers are white. Why not stop every white male between the age of 35-60 and have them searched? Wouldn't that be a necessary evil?

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      Mexican's ..... welcome to the world of Blacks within America.

Blacks have been profiled since day one and this practice continues to this very day. It seems at one time or another all people of color have been suspect and profiled within the US ....

Mexican's should consider it a welcome in party. You know you're now blending into the melting pot in the USA, when you start getting profiled as a threat.

Welcome to the party.
      are you ****ing ******ed? Mexicans have been discriminated against and racial profiled before this law passed. This comment suggest that they had it easy before this law passed.

do any of you guys bother to pick up a ****ing history book, and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by WANGLER JR View Post
        are you ****ing ******ed? Mexicans have been discriminated against and racial profiled before this law passed. This comment suggest that they had it easy before this law passed.

do any of you guys bother to pick up a ****ing history book, and read it.
        Your perception of what I wrote doesn't concern me - but I will address your misperceptions. Mexican's on a whole were not profiled on a grand scale within any particular state .. thanks to this law, that is over. They will now be profiled not only in Arizona on a statewide level, but other states as well, since this problem isn't isolated or associated to any one state.

My initial statements didn't negate that fact that Mexican's were discriminated against - the statement referred to racial profiling. And last I checked discrimination and racial profiling are two separate and different evils.

So, before you jump to conclusions and assumptions ... try building up your reading comprehension.

Furthermore, equating the problem of both racial discrimination and profiling from a black perspective to what Mexican's will experience on a escalating scale is correct. Blacks were discriminated against first, then racially profiled. Mexican's on a grand scale and to a lesser degree will be profiled first and ultimately discriminated against within the whole of the US.

Either way you start the process of profiling to discrimination or discrimination to profiling - it's still an evil process.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          The U.S can build as many fences, walls as they want and pass any laws they want. Until American companies stop hiring illegals, the immigration problems will not stop.

The intelligent thing would be to create some sort of workers program so the U.S can document these people and know who is here.

Fear mongering and racial hatred isn't the answer. Force isn't the answer either, I don't care how many guns you have.
          Hell no!!!!that would never work.....illegals would exploit that program to the max!!!

And it's not racial profiling, it's protecting our country!!! It's like questioning suspicious individuals in airports....don't you feel safer when those steps are taken?

It also isn't a racial matter as they are not specifically "targeting" a certain race....it's about illegals and it's a matter of national security.

Like one poster said, if you don't have anything to hide then you shouldn't be affected or afraid of this law.
          Last edited by -ELO-; 04-23-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -DesertStorm- View Post
            Hell no!!!!that would never work.....illegals would exploit that program to the max!!!

And it's not racial profiling, it's protecting our country!!! It's like questioning suspicious individuals in airports....don't you feel safer when those steps are taken?

It also isn't a racial matter as they are not specifically "targeting" a certain race....it's about illegals and it's a matter of national security.

Like one poster said, if you don't have anything to hide then you shouldn't be affected or afraid of this law.
            It's not about having nothing to hide.

It's about someone who's been in this country for generations, being unnecessarily harassed or detained simply because of the color of their skin.

Comment

OPEN BORDERS FTW!

Comment

Taco Bell sucks balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  It's not about having nothing to hide.

It's about someone who's been in this country for generations, being unnecessarily harassed or detained simply because of the color of their skin.
                  No....it's about protecting our country our communities and our loved ones.

Comment

The law is the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
                      The law is the law.
                      tis amateur

Comment

Working...
                      X