Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to go after Robin Lopez for a 3-4 year deal, and a solid wing player.

We already knew it was a long shot to get Aldridge or DJ.

What you gotta do is build up a solid core and get relevant, then the free agents will come. It's not going to happen over night.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      We need to go after Robin Lopez for a 3-4 year deal, and a solid wing player.

We already knew it was a long shot to get Aldridge or DJ.

What you gotta do is build up a solid core and get relevant, then the free agents will come. It's not going to happen over night.
      it's going to be a longer rebuilding process than fans expected to be, Lakers is going to be a lottery team again next year

Comment

• If the Lakers don't get Greg Monroe, Laker fans are going to be praying that Julius Randle is the next ATG power forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          If the Lakers don't get Greg Monroe, Laker fans are going to be praying that Julius Randle is the next ATG power forward.
          I think they're going to have to rebuild through the draft. It doesn't look like they'll get a top free agent this year, and that means they're going to have another very poor season next year. They'll probably get another top 10 pick. Next years draft looks extremely weak. The '15 high school class was pretty weak. Ben Simmons is supposed to be a beast but I have no idea who the other projected top picks are. It'll be interesting to see if Rabb and Brown are as good as advertised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
            I think they're going to have to rebuild through the draft. It doesn't look like they'll get a top free agent this year, and that means they're going to have another very poor season next year. They'll probably get another top 10 pick. Next years draft looks extremely weak. The '15 high school class was pretty weak. Ben Simmons is supposed to be a beast but I have no idea who the other projected top picks are. It'll be interesting to see if Rabb and Brown are as good as advertised.
            I have met Rabb and Brown because I work at the Gym. Those guys are one and done, but they have everyone in the Bay Area excited for Cal Basketball. Ivan Rabb is from out here, and Jaylon Brown committed to Cal because of Ivan Rabb's committment. Brown is from Georgia. I hope these 2 cal players do the school proud in the NBA. I just hope they don't go to a team I hate. Most of the teams I hate are good though.

Comment

• [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                it's going to be a longer rebuilding process than fans expected to be, Lakers is going to be a lottery team again next year
                Depends, but probably.

If we were to sign Robin Lopez and someone like Tobias Harris, I think we'd be a lot better than last year. Especially with Clarkson for a full year, and Randle/Russell additions.

We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  If the Lakers don't get Greg Monroe, Laker fans are going to be praying that Julius Randle is the next ATG power forward.
                  Greg Monroe is good, but he's all offense. No D, not a rim protector in the slightest. I'd be really iffy handing him a max deal.

Julius Randle doesn't need to be GREAT, but if he can be solid or real good.

In the time that Lebron has been on the Cavs, 8 seasons, the Lakers have won 2 titles and been to 2 more finals. We'll be fine. The Lakers are always down a few years and rebound with talent in the coming years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Greg Monroe is good, but he's all offense. No D, not a rim protector in the slightest. I'd be really iffy handing him a max deal.

Julius Randle doesn't need to be GREAT, but if he can be solid or real good.

In the time that Lebron has been on the Cavs, 8 seasons, the Lakers have won 2 titles and been to 2 more finals. We'll be fine. The Lakers are always down a few years and rebound with talent in the coming years.
                    You guys have been down for quite a bit. I see you guys returning to the playoffs in about 2018.

Comment

• Kobe is gonna get hurt again. Old ass man is fragile.

Comment

Working...
                      X