Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust crew member sentenced to 18 months in jail as Alec Baldwin awaits trial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust crew member sentenced to 18 months in jail as Alec Baldwin awaits trial

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrez-reed.html

'Hannah Guttierez-Reed, the primary weapons handler on the set of the ill-fated indie film Rust, was sentenced Monday to 18 months in prison for the fatal, on-set shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

The young armorer cried as her fate was read aloud to her in court today by a judge who reprimanded her for her apparent lack of remorse.

'Your attorney had to tell the court you were remorseful,' said Judge Mary Marlow Sommer.'

Alec Baldwin, another anti-gun woke liberal that wants to glorify guns on tv and because he knows nothing about handling a firearm, someone died.

Comment

If this random lady only got 18mos a rich mfer like Baldwin will likely be able to get off or get some slap on the wrist. And as I understand it it was her job to make sure the gun was "safe" to use not Baldwin's which should give his lawyers more wiggle room away from a guilty verdict.

If he was running sh^t overall, as I believe he was, he definitely has some liability in a civil trial for hiring this careless gun lady tho & I bet he gets fooked there if he doesn't settle with the husband or anyone else suing him.

Comment

Fair call. I don’t get why Alec Baldwin gets hated for this. What did he do?

On set, the gun handler is fully responsible. Actors aint got sht to do with this.

Comment

Elitist Baldwin is untouchable. Anyone who handles a gun has a responsibility to check whether it’s loaded. Any time a gun changes hands it should be checked. Baldwin gets a pass for his misogyny and gay slurs, countless assaults on photographers and pedestrians, child abuse etc. so long as creeps like him and Jimmy Kimmel unconditionally bash the right they get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Anyone who handles a gun has a responsibility to check whether it’s loaded.
            This sounds good & like some sh^t from day 1 of the gun safety class I took as a kid but I'd give dog odds on the avg actor knowing wtf a loaded gun even looks like or how to check.

Comment

This is an interesting case. It's not really cut-and-dry.

I didn't watch the trial, but for those who did, in your opinion is this woman truly guilty as the law reads, or was it a case of her being legally innocent, but lacking remorse and thus a jury convicting her based solely on that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                This is an interesting case. It's not really cut-and-dry.

I didn't watch the trial, but for those who did, in your opinion is this woman truly guilty as the law reads, or was it a case of her being legally innocent, but lacking remorse and thus a jury convicting her based solely on that?
                Well, lets deal with a few uncomfortable issues that poison the pond and give an indication of people who are abusing their power, before we deal with her responsibility per se. I noticed two judges, this judge and the judge in Bankman's case, deciding HOW a person should be, and what remorse should look like. Is that really a judge's perogative? I would say sometimes... If someone was murdered deliberately, etc. But how much should this judgement really affect the sentencing? I am open to different answers to this question, just saying it makes me nervous when the state is telling me about remorse and how it better be shown...

With that said: I think she shares some responsibility... however every set is different. Actors get killed with blanks also... Was motive established for why she would bring live ammo on the set? Being this was a small production, and the problems the set had (facts), I don't know how responsible she was or what happened.

Like someone should tell Musk (who has like three systems for steering because it is computerized) Maybe one system should connect the steering wheel physically! Redundency works on simple terms: You pass me the gun I do the same check, and so does the next person down the line... Redundency is supposed to catch these things... She has some responsibility here, just not sure how much and if she wants to maintain that she had less than the judge thinks, that is her perogative.

Comment

Working...
                X