No announcement yet.

Trump Supporters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post

Congressional Democrats have argued that one of the best ways to pay for the legislation is to raise taxes on wealthy households, which, according to many on the left, have benefited disproportionately and unfairly from the 2017 tax reform law passed by Republicans and signed by former President Trump. The latest data, however, proves that this claim is pure mythology.

Income data published by the IRS clearly show that on average all income brackets benefited substantially from the Republicans’ tax reform law, with the biggest beneficiaries being working and middle-income filers, not the top 1 percent, as so many Democrats have argued.

A careful analysis of the IRS tax data, one that includes the effects of tax credits and other reforms to the tax code, shows that filers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $15,000 to $50,000 enjoyed an average tax cut of 16 percent to 26 percent in 2018, the first year Republicans’ Tax Cuts and Jobs Act went into effect and the most recent year for which data is available.

Filers who earned $50,000 to $100,000 received a tax break of about 15 percent to 17 percent, and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 in adjusted gross income saw their personal income taxes cut by around 11 percent to 13 percent.

By comparison, no income group with an AGI of at least $500,000 received an average tax cut exceeding 9 percent, and the average tax cut for brackets starting at $1 million was less than 6 percent. (For more detailed data, see my table published here.)

That means most middle-income and working-class earners enjoyed a tax cut that was at least double the size of tax cuts received by households earning $1 million or more.
    What’s more, IRS data shows earners in higher income brackets contributed a bigger slice of the total income tax revenue pie following the passage of the tax reform law than they had in the previous year.

In fact, every income bracket with filers earning $200,000 or more increased its tax burden in 2018 compared to 2017, and every income bracket with a top limit lower than $200,000 paid a smaller proportion of the total personal tax revenue collected.

That means that Republicans’ tax reform law resulted in the tax code becoming slightly more progressive — the exact opposite of what Democrats have claimed over the past four years.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...mericans-most/
    It benefited middle class...at first. Tax breaks and exemptions for the middle class were set to expire every two years (starting in 2021) as written in Trump's 2017 Tax bill. High income earners, and corporate tax breaks do start rolling back until 2025. In summary, highest earners and corporations saw a larger tax break since the tax breaks have been enacted.
    Last edited by madsweeney; 04-25-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post

It benefited middle class...at first. Tax breaks and exemptions for the middle class were set to expire every two years (starting in 2021) as written in Trump's 2017 Tax bill. High income earners, and corporate tax breaks do start rolling back until 2025. In summary, highest earners and corporations saw a larger tax break since the tax breaks have been enacted.
      So basically what you are saying is biden didnt extend the tax cuts. But even that dont make sense because Im paying less in taxes than prior years.

Comment

• There you two go again with GMS (Great Man Syndrome).

The president only signs the bill it is not as if he actually understands it, never mind write it.

Republicans get control of the three necessary parts of government, House, Senate, Presidency, and they will cut taxes. It was not important or even relevant that Trump was president Any Republican would do.

There is too much GMS screwing up this republic.
        Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 04-25-2024, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Did y’all see Afroman did a new version of I Got High. Hunter Got High

lmao. those damn redneck Trump supporters

Comment

• Long Live Donald Trump and America!!! ................Rockin'
            JTfloyd JTfloyd likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralex View Post
              Did y’all see Afroman did a new version of I Got High. Hunter Got High

lmao. those damn redneck Trump supporters
              Neither side wants to admit that anything a politician they support ever does anything wrong. If they're a conservative and are Republican, then Republicans can do no wrong. Same with liberals. Yet if the other side does the same thing, it bothers them. I mean, we just heard about some Republican writing in her book about shooting her dog and Dick Cheney shot a friend in the face when hunting. You wanna tell me if a Democrat did that, conservatives wouldn't be making fun of or criticizing that? FOH. Same with woke liberals looking for something to get their panties in a bunch about because they're bored. The left is okay with that but if it comes from the right, they get attacked from the left. People need to stop attacking facts because of what side or person it comes from.

Comment

• The cost of poon is always high, now that I am old, the price went up..

Zdog is old and crusty…

my only home is …… hide from the IRS and fake my death..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Long Live Donald Trump and America!!! ................Rockin'
                  The same Donald Trump that wants to do away with the United States constitution?
                  Again, you’re a republican politicians dream come true. A poor man dumb enough to vote against his own best interests. The Koch brothers thank you for being so stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post

The same Donald Trump that wants to do away with the United States constitution?
                    Again, you’re a republican politicians dream come true. A poor man dumb enough to vote against his own best interests. The Koch brothers thank you for being so stupid.
                    My agenda is any pro Israel politician is kosher with me

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post

And you're a record player, think of some new material...................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X