No announcement yet.

road house 2024

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

It is so rare for a remake to be any good or better than the original.

The only two remakes the comes to mind is The Thing and Man on Fire. Maybe the Red Dragon and the Japanese remake of The Ring.
    The Fly had a good remake by Cronenberg too. 1976 Invasion of the Body Snatchers wasn't too bad either.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

And don't forget the sequel hustling they do.

Screenshot_20240322_125209_Chrome~2.jpg
      Oh man, I actually want to see that.

With Shooter McGavin coming back too.

Please don’t f-ck this up, Adam Sandler.
      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

The Fly had a good remake by Cronenberg too. 1976 Invasion of the Body Snatchers wasn't too bad either.
        Indeed. I forgot about those two, they were great remakes.

Comment

Indeed. I forgot about those two, they were great remakes.
          How about The Blob 1988? That one just popped into my head too. Seems like writers and directors used to know how to do good remakes and studios used to green light good ones up until about the mid 90s, then most of them kinda sucked. People are liking the new Evil Dead one though. Still gotta see it, but I liked the TV show, which was a continuation from the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

How about The Blob 1988? That one just popped into my head too. Seems like writers and directors used to know how to do good remakes and studios used to green light good ones up until about the mid 90s, then most of them kinda sucked. People are liking the new Evil Dead one though. Still gotta see it, but I liked the TV show, which was a continuation from the movies.
            The new evil dead is okay. The original is just better even with the now cheesy special effects. The Blob was good but the original is still good also.

The issue is the they have a ton of remakes and they totally miss. That new Robocop, Pet Cemetery one, Dune, etc. good movies but the original is better in certain ways.

Scarface is a remake and it is a great movie and they want to remake that. It is like Hollywood ran out of ideas.

Comment

The new evil dead is okay. The original is just better even with the now cheesy special effects. The Blob was good but the original is still good also.

The issue is the they have a ton of remakes and they totally miss. That new Robocop, Pet Cemetery one, Dune, etc. good movies but the original is better in certain ways.

Scarface is a remake and it is a great movie and they want to remake that. It is like Hollywood ran out of ideas.
              The new Dune is fooking wild. Altho I haven't gotten around to the second one that just came out yet, but the consensus is its better than the previous one which dunks on the orginal. But I agree with the rest of the ones you mentioned & in general remakes are lesser films than the original.

I don't think its an ideas thing. I think its a money thing. Theres less risk in rebooting Teen Wolf than to make some new unproven thing. This is also why when they aren't rebooting films or making spinoffs of a film that works they are swiping ideas from books that were popular.

Comment

Just watched it. It was pretty good.

Comment

Scarface great remake.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    Just watched it. It was pretty good.
                    Roadhouse
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 03-24-2024, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The new Dune is fooking wild. Altho I haven't gotten around to the second one that just came out yet, but the consensus is its better than the previous one which dunks on the orginal. But I agree with the rest of the ones you mentioned & in general remakes are lesser films than the original.

I don't think its an ideas thing. I think its a money thing. Theres less risk in rebooting Teen Wolf than to make some new unproven thing. This is also why when they aren't rebooting films or making spinoffs of a film that works they are swiping ideas from books that were popular.
                      Going to watch Dune 2 this week. I did like a lot the first part but my son was lost because they don't explain enough, the first one does explain.

The acting and the special effects of the new one is outstanding.
                      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X