Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowner arrested in her own home as squatters take over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think trespassing laws or breaking and entering supersedes squatting rights…
    jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

I consider all people squatt

I just want a home no property tax

min fact I want to live in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I hope the amigo goes to homes in New York, New Jersey, New England States, especially homes of liberal gringos. Those states also have strict gun control laws, so they should be safe squatting.

Comment

People should take more blame for the beds they make. In my opinion. None of you here feel responsible for this situation, right? I think probably some of yas should...

**** like being able to conflate squatter with tenant only happens if we as a society agree the semantics of law matters.

I can't think of a single example of jury nullification actually happening and I'm pretty sure it is only the psychological/legal theory that could potentially happen but does not. Which is the problem. Y'all do it, preach it, talk about it like it's some kind of value, to the point where people seem to think the word justice has something to do with the authoritarian force we call police.

If you sit in a jury or some other form of decision maker such as a judge and you decide that even though you can tell this person is a squatter your hands are tied because the wording used in the law can be manipulated to fit a legal definition for tenant, **** like this is the obvious outcome.

If you decide the law was written in a way it can be abused and so should not be taken by its word then you can vote guilty anyway. Guess what? Nothing bad can happen to you for it. You can hold a squatter to being a squatter even if they've done the gymnastics required to have their ass covered. You can spank them anyway. You never do, you do not preach that you should, and you do not define justice in terms reflective of the individualistic nature this country is meant to be about.

So why do juries allow people to steal homes, get away with murder, get away with pedophilia, and so on for characters who are clearly guilty, in the wrong, and indefensible in moral terms?

TF if I know. I don't bootlick for the government and I'm telling you right now if they're ever stupid enough to put my ass on a jury I will not give a **** about the semantics of a law. I LOVE to know why semantics are so important this lady get arrested for shutting off utilities on people who broke into her home, but I ain't never gonna understand that bull. I'm too stupid.

Comment

They're not squatters unless you tell the government, remember that someone broke in your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              People should take more blame for the beds they make. In my opinion. None of you here feel responsible for this situation, right? I think probably some of yas should...

**** like being able to conflate squatter with tenant only happens if we as a society agree the semantics of law matters.

I can't think of a single example of jury nullification actually happening and I'm pretty sure it is only the psychological/legal theory that could potentially happen but does not. Which is the problem. Y'all do it, preach it, talk about it like it's some kind of value, to the point where people seem to think the word justice has something to do with the authoritarian force we call police.

If you sit in a jury or some other form of decision maker such as a judge and you decide that even though you can tell this person is a squatter your hands are tied because the wording used in the law can be manipulated to fit a legal definition for tenant, **** like this is the obvious outcome.

If you decide the law was written in a way it can be abused and so should not be taken by its word then you can vote guilty anyway. Guess what? Nothing bad can happen to you for it. You can hold a squatter to being a squatter even if they've done the gymnastics required to have their ass covered. You can spank them anyway. You never do, you do not preach that you should, and you do not define justice in terms reflective of the individualistic nature this country is meant to be about.

So why do juries allow people to steal homes, get away with murder, get away with pedophilia, and so on for characters who are clearly guilty, in the wrong, and indefensible in moral terms?

TF if I know. I don't bootlick for the government and I'm telling you right now if they're ever stupid enough to put my ass on a jury I will not give a **** about the semantics of a law. I LOVE to know why semantics are so important this lady get arrested for shutting off utilities on people who broke into her home, but I ain't never gonna understand that bull. I'm too stupid.
              Just curious. Why are you choosing to blame the victims here instead of the squatters and the progressive politics that are causing the problem?
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-22-2024, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

There are over 1,200 of them down in Atlanta. This appears to be a highly organized effort to run private property owners off their land and discourage homeownership.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/03/us-new...k-wife-report/
                To go along with this there is also defunding of the police, Soros-funded district attorneys being soft on crime, COVID lockdowns that destroyed small businesses, a homeless epidemic, and an illegal immigrant crisis.

Connecting the dots and seeing the bigger picture leaves one with no choice but to conclude that there is indeed a war being waged here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Just curious. Why are you choosing to blame the victims here instead of the squatters and the progressive politics that are causing the problem?
                  Maybe I need some help communicating effectively? I wouldn't be shocked

That is an interesting take.

It was meant to be an anti-legal system and anti-public participation in said legal system sort of statement.

You could help me fine tune that message if I failed to get it across. I do believe in it. I would rather be seen clearly and ignored than be mistaken for what I did not intend to be. I'd rather get that across and everyone tell me no then be taken as someone who was pro-squatter in this.

I really feel like my closer should have at least saved me from victim blaming criticisms. I straight up said I am too stupid to understand any semantics of law that would make the homeowner in the wrong.

It is poorly typed but even re-reading it I don't feel like the point is poorly made. Apparently NY has laws that allows squatters to claim they are tenants. What I am saying is IDGAF about said laws, a squatter is a squatter and if a homeowner wants them out I would side in favor of the homeowner.

As the cop, I'd never say **** like "I don't agree with it either but it is my job" I would not arrest a woman for shutting off the utilities to her own home. I am blaming the rationalization of doing what you know you should not be doing. I am blaming the forfeiture of moral compass in the name of legal definition. This is why I give all cops ****, they are all piece of ****. Willing to set aside their own moral compass for what the law says. Then a judge does the same "I don't agree but this is the law" "I'm sorry Mrs.X but the law is the law" sort of bull. Then a jury goes "We don't like this law but the law is the law" and at no point does a man say "Law be damned, I am the person put here and I will do what is right to do"

I don't know how that got to be anything to do with the left, or right. I don't blame the victim, I do blame our society and legal system. 100%. You can blame the dems but they did not make the entire population a bunch of mindless zombies who can't wait to lick the boots of their government alone.

Comment

Squatters beat woman to death and stuffed her in bag in NYC apartment: NYPD

​MANHATTAN, N.Y. (PIX11) — Two squatters allegedly beat a woman to death and stuffed her in a duffel bag in a closet after she walked in on them in her dead mother’s Manhattan apartment last week, authorities said.

Police found Nadia Vitels, 52, in the closet with her foot hanging out of the bag in an apartment on the 19th floor of 206 East 31st St. in Kips Bay at around 4:30 p.m. on March 14, according to NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny. The woman had several facial fractures, a brain bleed, and two broken ribs. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Neighbor accused of killing 3-year-old boy in abandoned Brooklyn apartment
                    Vitels may have been dead for a few days before the family urged the building superintendent to check on her, police said. Her son made the initial gruesome discovery after sweeping the space.

“The (victim’s) son opens up the closet door near the front door and discovers a duffel bag,” Kenny said on Thursday.

The apartment had been vacant for a few months since the victim’s mother passed away. Vitels was in town from Spain to set it up for a family friend before she was brutally killed, police said.

“We believe that some squatters took the apartment over and this woman came home to get this apartment set up and walked in on the squatters that were there,” Kenny said.
                    The squatters, a man and a woman, were seen going in and out of the building, and neighbors heard the garbage chute opening and closing on the day of the murder, Kenny said. Authorities found Vitels’ belongings in the garbage in the basement.

It was unclear how the squatters gained access to the luxury building, where the elevator acts as the apartment’s front door, Kenny said.

After the attack, the suspects allegedly stole the victim’s Lexus and fled to Pennsylvania, where they crashed the car, according to the NYPD. But local police did not run the plates until finding the abandoned car the following day, police said.

The squatters were last seen on surveillance video trying to buy a new car for $1,000 at several Pennsylvania dealerships, according to Kenny.
                    There have been no arrests. A murder weapon was not recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

To go along with this there is also defunding of the police, Soros-funded district attorneys being soft on crime, COVID lockdowns that destroyed small businesses, a homeless epidemic, and an illegal immigrant crisis.

Connecting the dots and seeing the bigger picture leaves one with no choice but to conclude that there is indeed a war being waged here.
                      Look how slow the clean-up effort has been on Maui after over 1,000 homes burned down. Biden offered each family just $700, while each illegal is getting a check for over $2K per month plus free housing and medical care.

I see the 15-minute developments going up all over the country. They build a huge ugly apartment complex within walking distance of a supermarket, restaurants and departments stores. Many of these apartment complexes don't have parking. It's a push to get people to give up their cars as well as single family homes. A lot of states and cities aren't allowing permits for new single-family housing to be built. Most of these new apartments have smart-locks and other features that could potentially be abused by government to lock you in and put you on house-arrest. One day someone will say something "offensive" within earshot of Alexa or Siri and next thing their doors and windows are locked and they aren't going anywhere. The goal is to have everyone stacked on top of one another in cramped apartments like China. Total control.

Comment

Working...
                      X