Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the "peak" or prime of the Internet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

I miss Napster... I believe it came before 2004 tho.. by 2004, it had already started to fade out. and going from dial up to dsl was a game changer back then! mofos gotta be rich to have dsl tho because that was an increase to your phone bill and my parents wasn't having any of that!
    Lmao you cracking me up. Taking me down memory lane.

I remember getting pissed waiting girls to invite me over missing out on ass because my sister on the damn Internet. I definitely don't miss that **** lol
    IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Early 2000s to mid. Even hacking was easy. Crazy ass videos on YouTube without the need of bestgore or leaked (forgot the name of the site)
      MySpace was the shlt or mocospace lol
      Limewire

Comment

No wonder we sit here and argue about politics. We’re old as fck! Anybody who thinks that early to mid 00’s was the best is buggin’.

we’re living in it right now.

I got Apple Music, you tube and a fire stick.

gangland forever. Trump 2024

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          v9nx8a.gif

idk when the peak was but this was how i used to meet girls (mostly fat with big tatas) but it did the job for me
          AOL, those were the days. Lol

I remember all the statistic and weird phone noises it would make while you logged in. Sounded like a space ship from a low budget 1950s movie.

Comment

This was the rise of the pedophiles on yahoo chat. That free CD could land you a minor....

Comment

When craigslist wasn’t censored and I was in SF meeting all kinds of interesting ppl

when y2 k fizzled out my side hustle was gone

Comment

Was any y'all around for the early net? Back when a GIF took an hour to load?

That's her prime boys. Before the idiots ruined the internet. Back when only smart people knew how to get online. You could do anything.

Interested in cracking the pentagon? We got an IRC for that.

It was just nerds helping nerds. Search engines actually worked instead of showing you endless ads for something loosely related to what you searched.

Then social media became a thing and the morons got online and ruined it.

I like forums because they're old internet. Y'all act like new internet, but a forum functions like a forum. Like as if we all got 28.8k modems

You bitches ain't even know about that internet. If you started on 56K don't even try me, son, you my son. 28.8K bitches, even ****ing slower. longer dial tone too.

If you once owned an Amiga and know what workbench is, you my homie and I love you bro.

If you once got online through a modem before AOL was a thing, bro, you know what's good.

If you used ****ing Lycos

If you started on MySpace of Facebook, yeah man, y'all who ruined the internet with your stupid. Just imagine an internet of mes for a while, you'll get it. We mean, but we nice too, teach you anything we know. You dumb****s, tf do youse know? I ain't learned from a person I can actually speak to in like 15 years. Used to could get online and talk to harvard nerds, not no more. Now y'all a bunch of dumb who thinks their opinions is valid anyway. Loud and dumb, drowning out the voices you should be listening to. Not me, dudes like me though little less ******* and a little more teacher, those dudes was amazing.

Maybe I stop being a dick and be more like they were to me when I was a boy ... nah ... gimme one more decade of ****ery.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  When craigslist wasn’t censored and I was in SF meeting all kinds of interesting ppl

when y2 k fizzled out my side hustle was gone
                  that shiiet used to be krazy on c-list! LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    No wonder we sit here and argue about politics. We’re old as fck! Anybody who thinks that early to mid 00’s was the best is buggin’.

we’re living in it right now.

I got Apple Music, you tube and a fire stick.

gangland forever. Trump 2024
                    early to mid 2000s was the best time!!! nowadays you cant even go out and have fun without mofos taking their phone out and recording you.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                      When was the best period of time to be on the internet?

Imo probably the beginning of Facebook when only college kids were on it, and you could post almost anything on YouTube, and it was extremely easy dating on Facebook and dating sites. And It was easier to download PrrN lol
                      I remember America Online was really dope when it first came out. Would go see pictures of Sunny and Sable from wwf. AOL had those chatrooms too, and I remember asking folks a/s/l cuz u didn't know who u were talking to.

crazy how hard it was to get a picture of a girl, they'd need to have a scanner and scan a printed 4x6 lol

met this girl who was from new york and talked to her during 9/11. it was pretty crazy hearing her point of view of what was going on vs seeing stuff on the tv.

another dope time was the my space days. no high tech security/private profile bs. if i wanted to find a girl, it was a good chance i'd find her if she was on there. put my homies on blast by putting embarrassing pictures of them from night outings on their front page for everyone to see.

napster/lime wire/kazaa days were pretty cool, just took a while to download something 4mb through dial up.

early 2000s used to hit up wrestlezone, they gave recaps of raw and smackdown, read them to see if it was worth watching or not, saved me some time

Comment

Working...
                      X