Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the "peak" or prime of the Internet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the "peak" or prime of the Internet?

When was the best period of time to be on the internet?

Imo probably the beginning of Facebook when only college kids were on it, and you could post almost anything on YouTube, and it was extremely easy dating on Facebook and dating sites. And It was easier to download PrrN lol
    Jordache Pappy O’Daniel likes this.

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    When was the best period of time to be on the internet?

Imo probably the beginning of Facebook when only college kids were on it, and you could post almost anything on YouTube, and it was extremely easy dating on Facebook and dating sites. And It was easier to download PrrN lol
    I was thinking around 2007 - 2012 for some reason, and that's probably about the time you are talking about too. I got internet as a kid in the late '90s, but never really explored too much until I moved on my own in 07. Everything was so much more fun and less serious back then on the internet.

Comment

I don't find this question correct. The Internet is still peaking, the point is the quality of crap and idiots does it too.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
        I don't find this question correct. The Internet is still peaking, the point is the quality of crap and idiots does it too.
        No it is a correct question. Because before you didn't have to deal with a million commercials to watch a damn YouTube video, or you can get banned for the smallest thing. And content creators don't have the same freedom

It's good and bad. So the question is when was the best balance to you personally.
        Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy OâDaniel View Post

I was thinking around 2007 - 2012 for some reason, and that's probably about the time you are talking about too. I got internet as a kid in the late '90s, but never really explored too much until I moved on my own in 07. Everything was so much more fun and less serious back then on the internet.
          Yep I remember spending the night at my sister college getting on Facebook downloading music and pprn lol.

Don't get me wrong I love my Firestick it's easy to watch shows but I could just download torrents back then too. It took longer but at least they wasn't censoring stuff as much
          Jordache Pappy O’Daniel likes this.

Comment

No it is a correct question. Because before you didn't have to deal with a million commercials to watch a damn YouTube video, or you can get banned for the smallest thing. And content creators don't have the same freedom

It's good and bad. So the question is when was the best balance to you personally.
            I don't see it that way. Compared to some 15 years ago, it is close to primitive even. Freedom is a different thing, I agree with that, but I wouldn't call it a peak, because now we can do incomparably more using the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

I don't see it that way. Compared to some 15 years ago, it is close to primitive even. Freedom is a different thing, I agree with that, but I wouldn't call it a peak, because now we can do incomparably more using the internet.
              Thats why I said peak or prime? So it's your opinion. So I guess you mean we having reach the peak yet. But that's not what I meant overall

Comment

rs_500x281-140529093858-insta.gif?fit=around%7C500:281&output-quality=90&crop=500:281;center,top.gif

Comment

Thats why I said peak or prime? So it's your opinion. So I guess you mean we having reach the peak yet. But that's not what I meant overall
                  Limitations and regulations are needed if the internet is evolving. Being overtaken by corporations and being abused is, unfortunately, inevitable and this is what is happening now. In that sense, I said I agree that the internet was better before, around 2010, plus and minus a few years.

20 years ago, there were big storages where you could copy-paste whatever you wanted from them (of course, it was mostly music and movies), then they stopped it in my country, but we are still free to exchange peer-to-peer (torrenting). I think it is illegal to prosecute that, it doesn't differ if I buy a book and then give it to you to read, then you pass it to someone else or copy it on some MFP. Similar for media, whether it is a physical container or files. That is why owning media is something they try to make it look like you own it - as long as you pay, it is there for you, i.e. subscribe to a platform, which means you lease it, but don't own it. Why do I mention it - because it is all there on the internet, easy to access and of good quality.

"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy." I hope not.

Comment

v9nx8a.gif

idk when the peak was but this was how i used to meet girls (mostly fat with big tatas) but it did the job for me

Comment

Working...
                    X