Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Electric cars release MORE toxic emissions than gas-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Electric cars release MORE toxic emissions than gas-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment

To sum it up, being much heavier than normal cars, EVs wear out tires and brakes a lot faster, and the toxins released from that are much more harmful than what’s found in modern IC exhaust emissions.

Electric cars release MORE toxic emissions than gas-powered vehicles and are worse for the environment

Electric vehicles may release more pollution than gas-powered vehicles, according to a report that has recently resurfaced.​

The study, which was published in 2022 but has begun circulating again after being cited in a WSJ op-ed, found that brakes and tires release 1,850 times more particulate matter - which is air pollution - compared to modern tailpipes which have filters that reduce emissions.​

It found that EVs are 30 percent heavier on average than gas-powered vehicles, which causes the brakes and tire treads to wear out faster than standard cars and releases tiny, often toxic particles into the atmosphere.

EV batteries weigh about 1,000 pounds, and can result in tire emissions that are nearly 400 times more than tailpipe emissions.

Particle pollution can increase health problems including heart disease, asthma, lung disease and in extreme cases, can lead to hospitalization, cancer, and premature death.

It comes as California is working to impose a complete ban on all gas vehicles by 2035, claiming that exhaust emissions are the root cause of pollution even though the air pollution released from brakes and tires are 400 times greater.

New gasoline-powered vehicles don’t release the same amount of emissions as older vehicles, emitting only one percent of all particulate matter (air pollution) in California, with the majority of emissions coming from older vehicles.

New gasoline cars are created to be 'cleaner,' by updating the trims of their internal combustion engines to include particulate filters that reduce emissions to below 1/1000th of a gram per mile.

The EVs increased weight due to their lithium-ion batteries cause the tire treads to wear faster, ultimately producing more emissions.

The study, conducted by the firm Emissions Analytics, said the main difference between tailpipe and tire emissions is that the majority of particulate emissions released from the tire go directly into the soil and water, while exhaust negatively affects the air quality.

The effects of tire composition come down to the materials the tire is made from, the study reported.

Light-duty tires are typically made from synthetic rubber which is developed using crude oil natural rubber adds fillers and additives, some of which are recognized carcinogens.

Emissions Analytics tested the tire wear on both EV and gas-powered vehicles after driving them at least 1,000 miles.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ons-study.html

The Chinese use African slave labor to dig for the cobalt to make these batteries. Often times children are seen digging and working under horrible conditions. The batteries aren't biodegradable, they rot in landfills indefinitely. We won't even get started on the emissions at these factories in China that build the battery and other materials for these vehicles. Someone should also question where all the electricity comes from to recharge and power these vehicles.

Comment

EV is still at its early stages but it’s definitely the future so might as well get on board.

I am planning on getting a Tesla.. there is this sound mod that makes the car sound like a cod dam UFO. Sht is crazy man.

I chuckle when I hear dudes revving on the road acting all hard. Like it aint 1998 no more dude and it’s not cool anymore lol.

It’s all about being stealth now, a sleeper. So Im gonna get futuristic with it.

Comment

Newer gas powered cars are efficient. Tire emissions is important too.
        Last edited by 15round; 03-06-2024, 03:21 AM. Reason: added sentence
        ralex ralex likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          The Chinese use African slave labor to dig for the cobalt to make these batteries. Often times children are seen digging and working under horrible conditions. The batteries aren't biodegradable, they rot in landfills indefinitely. We won't even get started on the emissions at these factories in China that build the battery and other materials for these vehicles. Someone should also question where all the electricity comes from to recharge and power these vehicles.
          Tell that to your daddy, Elon. Elon makes billions off of EVs.

Comment

I am just fine with my GMC Yukon that runs on regular.
            MoonCheese Marchegiano ralex ralex like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I am just fine with my GMC Yukon that runs on regular.
              He ain't never gonna stop driving his 20 some mpg, five thousand pound, Yukon what runs on Reg, bitches!

I drive an XJS and it's worse I think I might get like 11 ...
              The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

He ain't never gonna stop driving his 20 some mpg, five thousand pound, Yukon what runs on Reg, bitches!

I drive an XJS and it's worse I think I might get like 11 ...
                Yup.

In all seriousness, I will not go electric for the same reason I made sure not to live close to the huge power lines or sleep with my I phone close to me.

I believe they impact our bodies.
                MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X