Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel “at war” as Hamas fires thousand of rockets in surprise attack.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to make of this, it looks like a lot of BS. Biden administration bows to pressure from the left and abstains from voting or vetoing, and then states the ceasefire resolution is non-binding (not legally binding), there is no sign of a ceasefire.

The resolution passed earlier today by the UN Security Council is not legally binding, the US asserts.

“It’s a non-binding resolution, so there’s no impact at all on Israel’s ability to continue to go after Hamas,” White House National Security Council John Kirby says in a press briefing, echoing a stance made after the vote by US Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield.

The position appears to be shared by South Korea and other members as well.

However, Algeria, Malta, Mozambique, Sierra Leone have all disputed this interpretation.

Given that the US can block members from trying to sanction Israel for failing to abide by the resolution, Washington’s interpretation seems to carry more weight.

Accordingly, it demonstrates the highly limited influence the UN has when weighing into conflicts around the world.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...embers-object/

All this did was rupture ties, as Israel cancelled a senior advisors delegation to the White House over Biden's move to abstain from the vote.

Hamas issued a statement today, they will only agree to a ceasefire once the IDF leaves Gaza, which of course will never happen under those terms. The UN is useless. All this does is send a message to Israel they need to follow through fast, and this what Trump advised them to do today because they are losing support from the current administration.

Here Kirby attempting damage control...

Last edited by jaded; 03-26-2024, 03:39 AM.
    Zaroku Zaroku 1bad65 1bad65 like this.

Comment

• "Amit Soussana has become the first Israeli woman to speak publicly about enduring what she says was a sexual assault and other forms of violence during her 55 days in captivity following the Hamas-led attack on Israel on October 7, according to reporting by The New York Times on Tuesday.

Abducted from her home by at least 10 men, Soussana said she was subjected to a horrifying series of events that saw her beaten and dragged into Gaza. The details of Soussana’s captivity paint a grim picture of her suffering; from being locked alone and chained by her ankle to being forced into performing sexual acts under the threat of a gun, according to The New York Times.

Earlier in March, the United Nations published a report indicating that rape and gang rape, among other acts of sexual violence, likely occurred during the October 7 Hamas attack and said there was “clear and convincing” evidence that hostages were raped while being held in Gaza, and that those currently held captive are still facing such abuse."

Full story:
      Israeli woman who was held hostage by Hamas speaks out on her abduction and sexual assault in Gaza (yahoo.com)

And yet the UN has the gall to call out Israel in a vote saying it's Israel that's committing genocide in this war.

The UN has literally sided with the rapists. That's the UN for you. ​
      Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

I don't know what to make of this, it looks like a lot of BS. Biden administration bows to pressure from the left and abstains from voting or vetoing, and then states the ceasefire resolution is non-binding (not legally binding), there is no sign of a ceasefire.
        Just to set the record straight, the liberals and the Biden Administration refused to stand with the Jews fighting the savages who murdered them and raped their women.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          "Amit Soussana has become the first Israeli woman to speak publicly about enduring what she says was a sexual assault and other forms of violence during her 55 days in captivity following the Hamas-led attack on Israel on October 7, according to reporting by The New York Times on Tuesday.

Abducted from her home by at least 10 men, Soussana said she was subjected to a horrifying series of events that saw her beaten and dragged into Gaza. The details of Soussana’s captivity paint a grim picture of her suffering; from being locked alone and chained by her ankle to being forced into performing sexual acts under the threat of a gun, according to The New York Times.

Earlier in March, the United Nations published a report indicating that rape and gang rape, among other acts of sexual violence, likely occurred during the October 7 Hamas attack and said there was “clear and convincing” evidence that hostages were raped while being held in Gaza, and that those currently held captive are still facing such abuse."

Full story:
          Israeli woman who was held hostage by Hamas speaks out on her abduction and sexual assault in Gaza (yahoo.com)

And yet the UN has the gall to call out Israel in a vote saying it's Israel that's committing genocide in this war.

The UN has literally sided with the rapists. That's the UN for you. ​
          Just like you keep siding with Russia. And spare me the I don’t side with Russia bullshlt.
          Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Just like you keep siding with Russia. And spare me the I don’t side with Russia bullshlt.
            Ma'am, please stay on topic, watch your SIGN language, and watch those logical fallacies.

For the umpteenth time, ma'am, I've never sided with Russia.

But since you call that fact "bullshlt", please provide a few QUOTES of me "siding with Russia"....

(And while I do not expect you to cite any QUOTES of me siding with Russia, if you somehow do, please do so in the appropriate thread. It's rude to go off topic and hijack threads, and this one is about Israel, not Russia. Russia/Ukraine has it's own thread.)
            Last edited by 1bad65; 03-26-2024, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Ma'am, please stay on topic, watch your SIGN language, and watch those logical fallacies.

For the umpteenth time, ma'am, I've never sided with Russia.

But since you call that fact "bullshlt", please provide a few QUOTES of me "siding with Russia"....

(And while I do not expect you to cite any QUOTES of me siding with Russia, if you somehow do, please do so in the appropriate thread. It's rude to go off topic and hijack threads, and this one is about Israel, not Russia. Russia/Ukraine has it's own thread.)
              A. Told you to spare me the bullshlt Karen.
              B. My thread.

Comment

• I side with Israel.

Yet I want the people of Gaza to be able to live in Jordan and Egypt.

these middle easter wats are funded by rich - Oil rich states !
                1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

Comment

A. Told you to spare me the bullshlt Karen.
                  B. My thread.
                  A. Facts aren't "bullshlt", ma'am. Put up or STFU.

B. It doesn't matter, ma'am, this is not the Russia thread.

I know you're bitter at me for whatever injustice I've done to you, but stop being selfish and think of other people.

People aren't coming into the Israel-Gaza thread to hear you stalk me over nonsense about Russia.

If you must be sour at me over comments I never made about Russia, at least do it in the Russia thread.

Comment

A. Facts aren't "bullshlt", ma'am. Put up or STFU.

B. It doesn't matter, ma'am, this is not the Russia thread.

I know you're bitter at me for whatever injustice I've done to you, but stop being selfish and think of other people.

People aren't coming into the Israel-Gaza thread to hear you stalk me over nonsense about Russia.

If you must be sour at me over comments I never made about Russia, at least do it in the Russia thread.
                    Not bitter at you at all. We actually agree on most political/geopolitical issues. I just don’t like your hypocrisy on certain issues.

Comment

Not bitter at you at all. We actually agree on most political/geopolitical issues. I just don’t like your hypocrisy on certain issues.
                      You can't SHOW any hypocrisy.

That's what gets me so annoyed with this situation.

But since we do agree so much, why must you make something up just so we can have a disagreement, and then get so angry over it and not let it go?

Comment

Working...
                      X