No announcement yet.

**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    There's no question about it. It would have been first and goal on the one, and the refs obviously were unwilling to throw the flag to this result. The commentator of course said "I'm not saying they're told to officiate games differently in the Superbowl." I will say that, however.

Of course, we don't know whether he would have made the play or not. The thing which was irritating though was that it was clearly a designed play on 4th and goal, and Kappernick put the ball where it was suppose to be, and Crabtree was prevented via a hold to make a play on it. That entire 4 downs was sort of disheartening though. I may be completely wrong, but it seemed like they could've managed the plays a little bit differently. It just seemed like the Ravens defense was a step ahead of them on that particular series.
    I agree with you the Ravens defense was on point but a flag on that play would of gave us the lead it still would of gave Flacco 1:45 or so to come back and he's definitely able to

there was another no call when we went for the 2 point conversion when Reed (i believe it was him) was completely off side

nevertheless the Ravens played a hell of a game and i'm not taking that away from them, we'll be back here next year and getting that six ring

I wonder if that Ref finally got that flag out of his ass when he got home

between me and you,
    I think RicDaRula was the one who cut off the power after that return that's why he's been missing
    Last edited by -jose-; 02-04-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Flag could have been called on the receiver for PI as well, he was clearly pushing off before he was held.

And there are a lot of penalties that should have been called that weren't. Not a single holding penalty on either offense was called. That's an impossibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Flag could have been called on the receiver for PI as well, he was clearly pushing off before he was held.

And there are a lot of penalties that should have been called that weren't. Not a single holding penalty on either offense was called. That's an impossibility.
        there were 7 penalties in the whole game 5 against us hell of a game that 4th and goal is my only problem otherwise hats off to Flacco

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Flag could have been called on the receiver for PI as well, he was clearly pushing off before he was held.

This. Pushing the defender down/off is just as illegal as what the corner did, which is probably why the corner had to hold...because he was being pushed off/down.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            This. Pushing the defender down/off is just as illegal as what the corner did, which is probably why the corner had to hold...because he was being pushed off/down.
            Yea.

There is gonna be lots of complaining about this. Funny thing is they don't seem to have a problem with PI non-call in the Falcon game.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              There's always a bit of contact off the line of scrimmage. You guys are reaching. That was a clear defensive foul.

But, I'm not crying over it. It's like Deranged said, there were very few fouls called all game long.

Comment

• Bad play calling on those last 4 plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  Bad play calling on those last 4 plays.
                  There's a run/pass option, you do realize that. On the TD run by Keapernick he was supposed to pass but he ran because of what the defense showed.

In the last plays on the goal line, he had the same option but the defense took the run from him by blitzing up the middle.

Baltimore just played good defense man.

Comment

• This isnt ONE 49er fan alive that cant say that the power outage didnt help the 49ers. Without that break I think the game was getting out of hand. So you cant blame the last play the 49ers were done at 28-6. They got a second life and we got a hell of a finish.

Comment

• Man who the **** keeps putting that spam virus **** on the threads. Mods need to handle this and upgrade the site or something. I have 9 tabs open out of nowhere with some iminent smiley ad. The hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X