Lounge Review...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Lounge Review...

... as requested by ShoulderRoll.

tbh, this place isn't as bad right now as it has been in the past, for sure. Maybe it's just that a lot of the old members don't have dial up modems to connect to the new site design, I don't know.

But the conversations in here aren't BAD, lately. Sure, they're the kind of thing you'd read from a group of 14-year-olds who fell off a wall and landed on their heads when they were little, but that's par for the course. And a step up in maturity levels.

I see my boy ShoulderRoll actually made a thread about sharks in the Thames the other day, but forgot to do any "Shark with bad teeth" gags.

But there's a kind of Conservative obliviousness to your average Fat Yank, there really is. The way politics and religion are tied together in the average Fat Yankistanian's mind, along with a desire to own handguns. They're not a curious people by nature - just witness the other day, when Kev made at thread about rarely considering that there's things out there beyond the Earth, like other stars and planets, etc. He says he rarely notices. Now, I tend to notice there's stars..... every fucking time it gets dark. But he's probably too busy looking down to his handgun holster, or wondering where his next Big Mac is coming from, bless him.

Let's take a look at some more:

George Floyd is now officially a saint, depicted as Jesus Christ on paintings - This is a typical Fat Yankistanian exaggerative take on events, which usually ends up with only one conclusion. It's a sum that goes: Something in the news I've half read + A lot of shit I've made up and added to it + me presuming someone else's opinion in my head = liberals!!!!

Why did they paint a picture of George Floyd and put it up? I dunno. Maybe it was just a couple of daft cunts and it'll get taken down. But I'm fairly sure if you phoned the Vatican and said to the Pope "Is George Floyd a saint now? Only I saw a painting of him hanging on a wall, so that must mean liberals have deified him", the Pope would turn round and call you a daft cunt. Actually, he probably wouldn't use language like that, would he? It's the Pope after all. He'd probably just call you a fucking wanker and leave it at that.

Beercules' "JFK was shot 58 years ago today" thread. We need more anniversary threads... let us know when it's the 58th year, 2nd month and 48th minute anniversary, lad. But look at this daft cunt in the comments of that one:

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
    I honestly could careless, people die everyday and he is no different.
    Fucking Hell. Apart from the fact that "he is no different" (the fact that it might be a high level conspiracy assassination undermining the fundamental constitution of your country is like anyone else. wtf???) you know what I'm gonna say. And he can't even spell it right FFS.

1. "Careless" is when you aren't taking good enough care of things, being absent minded, etc., eg. "He lost his car keys the other day, he was really careless with them." CARE LESS is what you meant to say. This is BASIC English.

2. Even if you HAD written care less, you'd still be a cunt, because if you could care LESS, it means you CARE. The CORRECT phrase is "couldN'T care less".

Anyway, I'm kicking about for a bit today, if you'd like any threads reviewing, feel there's someone who needs to be reminded that they're a cunt, etc., let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by !! Anorak; 11-25-2021, 02:13 PM.

Here's another one about the site's constant obsession: race.

In all genuine honesty - brace yourselves, because I'm gonna drop out of character and be SERIOUS for a second - I really couldn't care (could care less, Fat Yanks) about "race", and it amuses me to see so many people having issues with it on here. I celebrate difference, it could be a wonderful world where we could all delight in each others' differences and cultures, and, as corny as it may sound, I don't see people of a different genetic make-up as being a different "race".. it's not like they're a budgie or a parrot, is it? Anyway, serious bit over, back into character....

Jogger killed in Georgia in possible hate crime

See, this "hate crime" classification gives me the shits in cases like that. Imagine being the guy's mum (mom, Fat Yanks) when you get that call.

"Ma'am, we have to tell you that your son was brutally murdered and we need you to identify his corpse."

"Oh Lord, please tell me it wasn't a hate crime. I couldn't bear it if my baby was murdered because they didn't like his race, religion or sexuality."

"No, Ma'am, it seems it was like a random killing."

"Oh, Thank God for that. That's really put my mind at rest. My brutally murdered corpse of a son wasn't a victim of irrational prejudice, that makes it all so much better. Hang on, I'll get my coat and come down."
    Last edited by !! Anorak; 11-25-2021, 02:22 PM.
    man down man down likes this.

Comment

Hi Annie, Happy Thanksgiving (Fat Crap Day, tea drinking sissies).
      !! Anorak !! Anorak likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Comment

hey. That is a very important part of American history

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            hey. That is a very important part of American history
            58 years though, slag? Come on, make it a round number, lad. Do it in 2023.
            siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I could care less is so jarring.

No loungism but a boxingsceneism is when a boxer is said to be grinding hard in the headline. All that conjures up is a dude banging every bit of strange anus available within a mile radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                I could care less is so jarring.

No loungism but a boxingsceneism is when a boxer is said to be grinding hard in the headline. All that conjures up is a dude banging every bit of strange anus available within a mile radius.
                Am I the only one that feels a vague sense of disappointment each time an article about a fighter or trainer 'exploding' turns out to be be less than literal?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  ... as requested by ShoulderRoll.

tbh, this place isn't as bad right now as it has been in the past, for sure. Maybe it's just that a lot of the old members don't have dial up modems to connect to the new site design, I don't know.

But the conversations in here aren't BAD, lately. Sure, they're the kind of thing you'd read from a group of 14-year-olds who fell off a wall and landed on their heads when they were little, but that's par for the course. And a step up in maturity levels.

I see my boy ShoulderRoll actually made a thread about sharks in the Thames the other day, but forgot to do any "Shark with bad teeth" gags.

But there's a kind of Conservative obliviousness to your average Fat Yank, there really is. The way politics and religion are tied together in the average Fat Yankistanian's mind, along with a desire to own handguns. They're not a curious people by nature - just witness the other day, when Kev made at thread about rarely considering that there's things out there beyond the Earth, like other stars and planets, etc. He says he rarely notices. Now, I tend to notice there's stars..... every fucking time it gets dark. But he's probably too busy looking down to his handgun holster, or wondering where his next Big Mac is coming from, bless him.

Let's take a look at some more:

George Floyd is now officially a saint, depicted as Jesus Christ on paintings - This is a typical Fat Yankistanian exaggerative take on events, which usually ends up with only one conclusion. It's a sum that goes: Something in the news I've half read + A lot of shit I've made up and added to it + me presuming someone else's opinion in my head = liberals!!!!

Why did they paint a picture of George Floyd and put it up? I dunno. Maybe it was just a couple of daft ***********s and it'll get taken down. But I'm fairly sure if you phoned the Vatican and said to the Pope "Is George Floyd a saint now? Only I saw a painting of him hanging on a wall, so that must mean liberals have deified him", the Pope would turn round and call you a daft ***********. Actually, he probably wouldn't use language like that, would he? It's the Pope after all. He'd probably just call you a fucking wanker and leave it at that.

Beercules' "JFK was shot 58 years ago today" thread. We need more anniversary threads... let us know when it's the 58th year, 2nd month and 48th minute anniversary, lad. But look at this daft *********** in the comments of that one:

Fucking Hell. Apart from the fact that "he is no different" (the fact that it might be a high level conspiracy assassination undermining the fundamental constitution of your country is like anyone else. wtf???) you know what I'm gonna say. And he can't even spell it right FFS.

1. "Careless" is when you aren't taking good enough care of things, being absent minded, etc., eg. "He lost his car keys the other day, he was really careless with them." CARE LESS is what you meant to say. This is BASIC English.

2. Even if you HAD written care less, you'd still be a ***********, because if you could care LESS, it means you CARE. The CORRECT phrase is "couldN'T care less".

Anyway, I'm kicking about for a bit today, if you'd like any threads reviewing, feel there's someone who needs to be reminded that they're a ***********, etc., let me know and I'll see what I can do.
                  I wanted to comment on the “careless” thing too. It’s fully part of the yank phrase book now. It’s funny because it’s usually an attempt to be haughty and aloof but ironically it’s totally the ****ing opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    We’ll breathe on you and give you gingivitis.

Comment

Working...
                    X