No announcement yet.

41% of high school students in inner city Baltimore earn below a 1.0 GPA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medic5678 View Post

Having more children, to the extent that government provides all your support means that you will be poor. Do you propose that we reward with a lifestyle people who work struggle to attain?
    I'm not making any proposals I'm just defining the problem a little more completely. It's easy to make knee-jerk response to issues like this but actually the problems are much more complex than we'd like 'em to be. Politically you can see why people and politicians like the 'cut off their benefits' approach. It's a easy sell to working families who are struglling to make ends meet and I can fully understand the resentment paying for other people's welfare produces, but if the long term costs are even higher then is it really the right thing - the sensible thing - to do? The answer is of course one for you and your fellow citizens to decide.

If I do have any proposals it's that we need to find a way of addressing the immense wealth disparities that exist in our socieities, and trying to balance them a little better to ensure that even the most disadvantaged have a better shot of fulfilling their potential and becoming productive members of society to the benefit of us all. How we achieve this when the wealthest sections of society also have the vast bulk of the political power and clearly got no desire to give up even a part of their wealth is a problem I ain't got answers to...

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I'd point you at the post above, cos it's answers kinda the same question, but as to the final bolded bit... that is in fact an amusing observation I made myself on many occasions. This isn't confined to poor or rich or whatever (although the rich probably have slightly more latitude), but I've known some wonderful people who you woulda thought would make great parents who have turned out to be utter crap and some utter *******s* who have risen incredibly to the responsibilities of parenthood... you just never can tell.

* Myself I ain't even gonna claim to be a particualrly good parent - although Ms Koba's fond of pointing out I'd probably be a better one if a spent as much time playing with my kids as I do on Boxing Scene - but I do credit parenthood with at least being partly responsible for turning my shit around. Most likely woulda been dead by now if I hadn't become a dad.
      Not saying poor and/or uneducated people are bad people, just poor and/or uneducated
      If things go right for them, it's usually divine intervention more than a plan. Or maybe their thinking is ''out of the 5+ kids we have, maybe 1 will amount to $omething.''
      ''Terrible'' parents who have a safety net (MONEY or resources, IE rich relatives) can get away with some mistakes (although entitlement is a harbinger of doom as well).

And it's true, it does take a village. See something, say something. Drop dimes on truants. Be a snitch. Parents looking out for other parents to make sure the future is not hanging out during school hours.

China and their 2 kid minimum is a good idea due to their circumstance. Someone needs to step in and stop the cycle of stupid.

Ok, once the kid gets to school, what goes wrong ?
      #1, NEGATIVE peer pressure.
      You never hear of kids being pressured into joining study groups
      #2, Teachers who gave up or never cared.
      What can a teacher do ? Can a teacher force a student to study ? Other than give them the answers, the only other option is to dumb things down. Even then, it's not dumbed down enough.

Since a parent is usually a paycheck to paycheck'er, spending quality time with the kids may not be feasible. Leaving the future with idle hands. The ball isa rollin'.

Do you think bad parents know they are ?
      Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

It's a simple policy. Not on birth control? No payments. Want payments? Get on birth control. No, it won't be foolproof, but if it keeps some with no resources from popping out more kids, the 2 that they already have will receive more support and attention. You should quit pretending that the system doesn't enable those who behave irresponsibly. A woman with 5 kids is far less able to do things to advance her life than one with one or two kids. It's time for policy to change. What happens to unwanted children?
        Wait.... You were serious? And when did I 'pretend' that the system doesn't enable people that behave irresponsibly... when did I say anything like that? The thing is it also provides a minimal safety net for kids of the people who behave irresponsibly. It's a moral dilemma I guess, which do you prioritise more? Protecting vulnerable kids or disincentivising - probably unsuccessfully - parents from making more? Are you as a society really ready to let kids starve because of the foolishness or naivity of their parents?

TBH though I'm pretty sure you'd run into serious moral and ethical - not to mention legal - problems with the enforced birth control idea, even though I do agree absolutely that reproductive education and all forms of brith control (including abortion) should be offered free of charge to those in financial need (I'd personally say for everyone but I noticed many Americans seem very attached to your private healthcare system).

It also completely ignores the fact that vast majority of people who receive government support only do so temporarily. You gonna refuse to support hard working families who got laid off when they already had more than two kids? Let the extra kids go hungry huh? And if you support them, on what legal grounds you gonna refuse to support folk who have extra kids whilst already on benefits or who are in the huge gig economy constantly between jobs... where you gonna draw that line?

Furthermore, fuck, there's a whole raft of potential side effects with female contraception up to and including infertility, hormonal imbalance and serious mental health problems... you probably ought to have a talk about this with your partner if you got one. And quite beyond that, damn, reproductive choice is one of the most fundamental personal rights there is, you gonna start interfering with that you might want to think very carefully about what kinda powers you grant your government, cos you never know know when it might be you - or your daughter - in need of assistance.... Man, you sound like one of those dudes who were advocating concentration camps for the homeless (although naturally they didn't call em that). People really need to think through the possible consequences of these kinds of policies. Enforced birth control? Man, oh man....

At a slight tangent I personally find it mind blowing that very often the same folk arguing against abortion clinics are the same ones who are in favour of reducing or eliminating welfare.... I mean, what these people imagining will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Wait.... You were serious? And when did I 'pretend' that the system doesn't enable people that behave irresponsibly... when did I say anything like that? The thing is it also provides a minimal safety net for kids of the people who behave irresponsibly. It's a moral dilemma I guess, which do you prioritise more? Protecting vulnerable kids or disincentivising parents from making more? Are you as a society really ready to let kids starve because of the foolishness or naivity of their parents?

TBH though I'm pretty sure you'd run into serious moral and ethical - not to mention legal - problems with the enforced birth control idea, even though I do agree absolutely that reproductive education and all forms of brith control (including abortion) should be offered free of charge to those in financial need (I'd personally say for everyone but I noticed many Americans seem very attached to your private healthcare system).

It also completely ignores the fact that vast majority of people who receive government support only do so temporarily. You gonna refuse to support hard working families who got laid off when they already had mnore than two kids? Let the extra kids go hungry huh? And if you support them, on what legal grounds you gonna refuse to support folk who have extra kids whilst already on benefits or who are in the huge gig economy constantly between jobs... where you gonna draw that line?

Furthermore, fuck, there's a whole raft of potential side effects with female contraception up to and including infertility, hormonal imbalance and serious mental health problems... and quite beyond that, damn, reproductive choice is one of the most fundamental personal rights there is, you gonna start interfering with that you might want to think very carefully about what kinda powers you grant your government, cos you never know know when it might be you - or your daughter - in need of assistance.... Man, you sound like one of those dudes who were advocating concentration camps for the homeless (although naturally they didn't call em that). People really need to think through the possible consequences of these kinds of policies. Enforced birth control? Man, oh man....

At a slight tangent I personally find it mind blowing that very often the same folk arguing against abortion clinics are the same ones who are in favour of reducing or eliminating welfare.... I mean, what these people imagining will happen?
          Where do I say I'm going to refuse people who got laid off? With 2 kids already, to KEEP GETTING MONEY FOR NOTHING, birth control is required. I didn't say we were going to cut one of the children into bits if they have 3. I am saying if you are already getting benefits, you should not be pumping out more children. Why is this so immoral? Are you saying the current system is working? Do you have a constructive idea other than liquidating the middle class to fund your welfare class? (how well has that worked so far?). Who is "enforcing" birth control? You don't have to have it. But if you are taking taxpayer money, it's required.

And no, I'm totally pro abortion. Women should not have unwanted children. It should not be a career option for women to pump out 5 kids to 5 different fathers.

Comment

Where do I say I'm going to refuse people who got laid off? With 2 kids already, to KEEP GETTING MONEY FOR NOTHING, birth control is required. I didn't say we were going to cut one of the children into bits if they have 3. I am saying if you are already getting benefits, you should not be pumping out more children. Why is this so immoral? Are you saying the current system is working? Do you have a constructive idea other than liquidating the middle class to fund your welfare class? (how well has that worked so far?). Who is "enforcing" birth control? You don't have to have it. But if you are taking taxpayer money, it's required.

And no, I'm totally pro abortion. Women should not have unwanted children. It should not be a career option for women to pump out 5 kids to 5 different fathers.
            The 'welfare class' huh? It ain't some 'welfare class' of professional parasites liquidating the middle class, man, that's just the narrative the real folk eliminating the middle class are selling you. Standard stretgy though, blame the poorest, most desperate and least influential in society for it's problems instead of the actual people who run things and could make a difference. It's a tactic as old as history.
            travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Since you racists love Chicago so much, post the stats on the incarceration rates of children raised in the Nation of Islam or organizations of the like?

Maybe blacks can do something if all the black white supremacists and Ghostofaklansman of the world get the fcuk out our business and stop trying to undermine/destabilize everything we try to do for ourselves
              This dumbass clown is STILL going at it????

Did this greasy non-black puerto rican piece of shyt REALLY bring up the incarceration rates of a small feeble ass group of black folks compared to an entire population of blacks fkking up all over the country?

Jesus...................

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

The white liberals are in your business. You keep voting for them and they keep f***ing you. You must like it, you've been getting f***ed over by them for over a century.

I thought NOI didn't like p@ggots who pose half naked for other men and worship Ricky Martin?
                The NOI doesn't like non-blacks PERIOD.

That thing is definitely NOT black!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

It's always someone else's fault.

Typical Beta victim mentality.

It'll always be someone else's fault with folks that think that way, which is why them and their communities as a whole never see any upward mobility.

Impoverished immigrant Vietnamese, Chinese, Cuban, Polish, Jews, Mexican, etc peoples all come here with nothing yet manage to better themselves and find success on the whole in the USA.

One group just can't seem to do it, despite them having the advantage of being born here, speaking the language, and getting affirmative action.

And until the ugly truths are allowed to be spoken and people start accepting reality, it will never get better for them.

It's just fkking embarrassing all around. There are literally immigrants fresh off the banana boat from some 3rd world country and within a few years, are doing infinitely better than a lot of my people that bytch and moan all day about being kept down by "the man."

Just sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

Spoken like a true black white supremacist. Here's why. You bring this up, but crap on the minister Louis Fararkhan

Why don't you post the stats for children that are raised in the NOI and their literacy rates vs incarceration rates. Do you know the stats?

The Nation Of Islam has a very high graduation rate and a very very low incarceration rate. No wonder why white supremacists like yourself hate Farahkhan and try your very best to marginalize him and destroy his image. It's an attempt to keep him away from the kids in Baltimore that you love so much talking about their failures

Why no mention of Freedom Home Academy in Chicago?

The truth is you don't give a damn about black people but are a part of the problem and just want to schuck and jive for these lounge white supremacists. How many 40's did you drink on the porch today?

You are truly a piece of schit. Aren't you in Woodbridge VA?
                    Why in the living fkk does this non-black puerto rican clown keep comparing the small ass NOI group to the REST OF THE ENTIRE BLACK POPULATION IN THE UNITED STATES?????

If you are going to compare small organizations of blacks, you might as well just compare black folks in Harvard and Yale! You fkking idiot.

And Farrakhan is a worthless piece of shyt. That's not even
                    debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Bullshyt! I gave you a six month window to meet up, you waited until a week after the offer expired to send me a fake PM you claimed to have sent me. I offered mods to check my box. You’re a liar…Korea was a lie, NY was a lie and now it’s Israel! That’s your YouTube profile that you sent your video from. You took it down real fast but not before someone grabbed a screenshot. Exposed your lying ass.
                      fkking despicable. Like I said, I do not engage with cowards and have not engaged with him since I discovered that he was a coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X