No announcement yet.

Hate Crimes in Atlanta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate Crimes in Atlanta

The past several days in Atlanta Georgia have seen the following hate crimes. Not a lot of attention by the national media though

1.) By Dan Lyman Wednesday, June 09, 2021A pregnant woman was stabbed by a stranger while walking with her toddler on Saturday in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, according to reports.

Brookhaven Police are seeking a black male between the ages of 20 and 30 years old in connection with the attack, which left the woman seriously injured, police say.

The victim underwent multiple surgeries, including an emergency C-section to save the life of her baby, who was born approximately four months prematurely.

“Mama and her son (age 3) were excited to go on a walk on their first day of summer break at the Peachtree Creek Greenway. Mama is a teacher, 5 months pregnant, and was looking forward to a fun summer preparing for the new baby. This all changed on Saturday June 5th, 2021 around 5:30 PM,” a friend of the victim explained on a GoFundMe page established for the family.

“They were approached by a young, male stranger and tried to go around him minding their own business. It was at this moment the man pulled a knife out and stabbed mama in the back many times in front of her son. From there she was rushed to the ER at the hospital and had to have an emergency c section AND an invasive surgery on her organs to repair their functioning.”

A woman appearing to be the victim’s mother has provided multiple statements via social media since the attack.

“I finally have an update. My daughter had her liver and colon repaired. She’s on morphine and resting. 2 hours 40 minutes away, on the road still to Atlanta. THANK YOU ALL FROM THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF MY HEART,” Twitter user Resa Speaks wrote on June 6.

2.) Jogger shot in Buckhead drive-by; police believe driver later injured man in car accident

Jonathan Raymond 4 days ago

A jogger was shot in Buckhead early Saturday morning in an apparent drive-by, and police believe the driver later injured another man in a car accident.

Man in custody after shooting jogger in Atlanta, running over man in car

The suspect, who police identified as 22-year-old Gaelen Newsom, was detained at the scene of the car accident, police said. They said they believe the suspect may have been "suffering from a mental health crisis."

Police reported the victim, a man, was "conscious and breathing with a gunshot wound" when they arrived on scene. The victim was described as in his 40s and police said later he was in stable condition.

"Preliminary investigation indicates the gunshot victim along with two others were shot at while jogging in the area with only the one male being struck by gunfire," a police statement said.

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    The past several days in Atlanta Georgia have seen the following hate crimes. Not a lot of attention by the national media though

1.) By Dan Lyman Wednesday, June 09, 2021A pregnant woman was stabbed by a stranger while walking with her toddler on Saturday in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, according to reports.

Brookhaven Police are seeking a black male between the ages of 20 and 30 years old in connection with the attack, which left the woman seriously injured, police say.

The victim underwent multiple surgeries, including an emergency C-section to save the life of her baby, who was born approximately four months prematurely.

“Mama and her son (age 3) were excited to go on a walk on their first day of summer break at the Peachtree Creek Greenway. Mama is a teacher, 5 months pregnant, and was looking forward to a fun summer preparing for the new baby. This all changed on Saturday June 5th, 2021 around 5:30 PM,” a friend of the victim explained on a GoFundMe page established for the family.

“They were approached by a young, male stranger and tried to go around him minding their own business. It was at this moment the man pulled a knife out and stabbed mama in the back many times in front of her son. From there she was rushed to the ER at the hospital and had to have an emergency c section AND an invasive surgery on her organs to repair their functioning.”

A woman appearing to be the victim’s mother has provided multiple statements via social media since the attack.

“I finally have an update. My daughter had her liver and colon repaired. She’s on morphine and resting. 2 hours 40 minutes away, on the road still to Atlanta. THANK YOU ALL FROM THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF MY HEART,” Twitter user Resa Speaks wrote on June 6.

2.) Jogger shot in Buckhead drive-by; police believe driver later injured man in car accident

Jonathan Raymond 4 days ago

A jogger was shot in Buckhead early Saturday morning in an apparent drive-by, and police believe the driver later injured another man in a car accident.

Man in custody after shooting jogger in Atlanta, running over man in car

The suspect, who police identified as 22-year-old Gaelen Newsom, was detained at the scene of the car accident, police said. They said they believe the suspect may have been "suffering from a mental health crisis."

Police reported the victim, a man, was "conscious and breathing with a gunshot wound" when they arrived on scene. The victim was described as in his 40s and police said later he was in stable condition.

"Preliminary investigation indicates the gunshot victim along with two others were shot at while jogging in the area with only the one male being struck by gunfire," a police statement said.
    Well, goddanmit! Abuelo Terry, you need to learn what a hate crime is!
    How are any of these a hate crime?

The second dude is mentally ill. You typed that yourself. You should be angry at how easy it is for that mentally ill person to get a gun.

Take out the dentures and go to sleep, man.
    joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Crimes of this nature are ignored by mainstream media everyday.

Comment

Here is one in Fargo that the mainstream media doesn’t seem at all interested in blowing up, can’t imagine why given the heinous nature of this murder…

14-year-old passes away after brutal assault in Fargo

Jupiter Paulsen was skateboarding from her father's house to her mother's house around 7 a.m. on Friday, June 4, when she was randomly attacked, according to her father and court documents. FARGO — The father of a 14-year-old middle school girl in Fargo who was the victim of a stabbing says his daughter has been declared dead, and her organs are being preserved "to try and save some lives."

Robert Paulsen said Tuesday morning, June 8, that his daughter, Jupiter Paulsen, had been declared brain dead by a doctor and tests were being completed to determine her official time of death.

Jupiter Paulsen lived in Fargo and was a student at Cheney Middle School.

Her alleged attacker, 23-year-old Arthur Prince Kollie, will now face a murder charge, a Cass County prosecutor said Tuesday.

Robert Paulsen told WDAY News that there will be a Walk of Honor for his daughter on Wednesday and two services are planned, one private and one for the community, though specifics regarding the services were not immediately available Tuesday afternoon. According to Robert Paulsen and court documents, Jupiter Paulsen was skateboarding from her father's house to her mother's house around 7 a.m. on Friday, June 4, when she was randomly attacked.

The assailant choked the girl and stabbed her more than 20 times over the course of about 20 minutes in an attack that was caught in part on security video from a store in the area of the attack, which occurred near Party City, at 4340 13th Ave. S., in Fargo. Kollie, who has no permanent address, was initially charged with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault in connection with the attack.

The Cass County State's Attorney's Office confirmed Tuesday afternoon that papers would soon be filed with the court to amend the attempted murder count and charge Kollie with murder. During an appearance in Cass County District Court on Monday, June 7, a judge set bail for Kollie at $1 million, cash only.

According to court documents:

A garbage worker was driving near Party City when he saw a man wearing a white T-shirt and black pants leaning or standing over Paulsen with one hand on her nose and the other on her throat. The man ran from the area, but police later traced him to a Walmart store about half a mile west of where the stabbing occurred.

Surveillance video from Walmart showed an individual grabbing new clothing, putting it on in a changing room and leaving without paying. Police found discarded shoes and clothing covered in blood in the changing room.

Later, police found a man matching the description of the individual who took clothing from Walmart and identified him as Kollie. Questioned by police, Kollie said he used methamphetamine the afternoon of June 3 and denied any role in the assault on the morning of June 4, according to court documents.

Kollie said he was walking in the area where the assault occurred but repeatedly stated he did "not recall" when asked about the incident. Court documents state that when Kollie was told he was under arrest for robbery and attempted murder, he responded by saying: "attempted murder, as is she alive? Or what? What does attempted murder mean?"

At the time of the attack on Paulsen, Kollie was on probation for a 2017 conviction for simple assault on a peace officer. Kollie had also pleaded guilty on May 7, 2021, to discharging a firearm within city limits, possessing a firearm as a felon and possessing drug paraphernalia. For those charges, which stemmed from an incident in December, Kollie was sentenced to 18 months supervised probation and 27 days in jail — though court records indicate he was released from jail as he had already served that time behind bars.

Following the June 4 attack, Jupiter Paulsen underwent surgery for her injuries, but her father said later that day it was not clear if she would completely recover from the attack. In a Monday, June 7, update to an online fundraiser for his daughter's medical bills, Paulsen said it was unlikely she would survive.

"We just got word from the Doctor today that Our baby girl is too far gone and there isn’t anything they can do. Just to gather family and to say our goodbyes," the update said.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Crimes of this nature are ignored by mainstream media everyday.
          Growing up I was completely naive as to how much power the media truly holds. The mainstream media. I mean don't get me wrong, I knew they were influential, but...the power they wield in reality is frightening. They control the narrative, can spin things any which way they please and more people than not will just take everything from them as truth without even really questioning it.

I didn't believe in propaganda existing here. I always thought that only happened in other countries. Boy how wrong I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Growing up I was completely naive as to how much power the media truly holds. The mainstream media. I mean don't get me wrong, I knew they were influential, but...the power they wield in reality is frightening. They control the narrative, can spin things any which way they please and more people than not will just take everything from them as truth without even really questioning it.

I didn't believe in propaganda existing here. I always thought that only happened in other countries. Boy how wrong I was.
            This is exactly how they manipulate the masses. Edit, slant, exaggerate, and lie. Years ago it was called yellow journalism or tabloid journalism. Now it is mainstream news. This is exactly how news is presented in communist countries. CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO, CBS, ABC, etc.

Comment

This is exactly how they manipulate the masses. Edit, slant, exaggerate, and lie. Years ago it was called yellow journalism or tabloid journalism. Now it is mainstream news. This is exactly how news is presented in communist countries. CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO, CBS, ABC, etc.

The Master:
              William Randolph Hearst Sr. (/hɜːrst/;[2] April 29, 1863 – August 14, 1951) was an American businessman, newspaper publisher, and politician known for developing the nation's largest newspaper chain and media company, Hearst Communications. His flamboyant methods of yellow journalism influenced the nation's popular media by emphasizing sensationalism and human interest stories. Hearst entered the publishing business in 1887 with Mitchell Trubitt after being given control of The San Francisco Examiner by his wealthy father, Senator George Hearst.

Comment

You sound like a complete dork. I hope you know that. You have zero life experiences despite those deep wrinkles and crows feet. Comparing America to communist counties is quite literally hilarious.

My advice to you is stop being so old and overweight and get out of your comfort zone a little bit more. I’m not talking about switching your flavour of donut either.

Come and visit me. You can sleep on the sofa. We’ll go on an adventure together.
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

These types of crimes make local news. What's special about them to be a national issue?

Comment

Why don't you include Fox and The New York Post?

Comment

Working...
                    X