No announcement yet.

Would this get you shot in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this get you shot in America?

I was visiting my dads new apartment for the first time and I’m there alone. Decide to take out the trash and I return to the wrong floor and then room. One floor too early. Everything seems normal but there is a woman in the kitchen cooking and humming. This is news to me. This my dads new gf or what?
    I peek around the corner and see someone who I have never seen before standing in a kitchen that is obviously not the kitchen I saw 10 mins ago.
    cautiously back out and never mention it to anyone.

When my oldest was in the six grade one day he left the front door unlocked. An elderly man in his early 70's opened the front door and took a seat in the living room. He did not speak English, Spanish or Tagalog. The man looked dehydrated so my wife made him some tea, cookies and water. I was about to call the police when a family friend stopped. She got called in to work and asked me to take her son to football practice her son and my son were on the same team. Our friend was a Palestinian who happened to be a Coptic Christian of Armenian decent. The man spoke both Arabic and Armenian. Turns out he went for a walk and lost his way. In stead of calling the cops our friend called her Pastor. With in mins we were celebrities in the Coptic/Armenian communities. Pastor, family and the cops showed up.

Bottom line was the man needed help and we helped him.

Comment

I came out of a liquor store one time and saw a group of folks fighting over keys. They call me over to settle a dispute. I conclude they are all drunk AF and no one should be driving. They ask if I can drive and two of the girls are smoking hot so I’m like hell yeah.
      Partied all night at this big house just out of town.
      I never hear of America doing stuff like this. You all seem so uptight and scared.

Comment

We just shoot each other for fun over here

Comment

If a gun is within reach, a strange man entering the wrong house/apt will get that intruder shot, regardless of location.

Comment

I have never understood why people are so f king scared that they are willing to assume the worse and act accordingly. If you have a plan, know your own limitations, where your weapons are, you can afford to take some risks... If I see the meanest looking Black kid at my door, I see my lilly white son... kids are kids and before I will harm a hair on any of their heads I want to make damn sure they are truly bad, and intent on doing something bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              We just shoot each other for fun over here
              Its like..... paintball with consequences. Paintball where you do not need the paint! the red stuff comes gratis after the shots!

Comment

Shoulda doubled down and asked her what shes doing in your dads apartment. Make her think shes at the wrong place

Comment

Yup you would most likely be dead. You can't be careless in America otherwise you will be shot. It's partly why they don't drink like us Brits. Can you imagine how many people would be killed each year for getting wasted and trying to enter the wrong house/previous home by accident.

I remember breaking into my own home as a teenager when I forgot my keys and didn't want my folks to know. I think if I was in America I'd have been killed at least 30 times by now.

Comment

Yes, we all keep guns on our sides ready for a gunfight at the saloon which is always two doors down. Ain't no one gonna see a puzzled man strange to them and ask if they need anything, just bullets fir yer teeth son

Comment

Working...
                    X