No announcement yet.

Why are Americans great athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Look at the list of highest earning athletes, and tell me how the basketball to soccer ratio is.
    Lebron only earns $40million a year.

Ronaldo makes that in 5 months.

Comment

All of the best soccer players earn more than Basketball players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandrake View Post
        He's my #2, lol.

Hakeem would take him one on one for sure though.
        Hakeem is more skilled, one on one he would dream shake his ass to death, but Jabbar was probably a slightly better center team wise.

Comment

Originally posted by tepeyollotl View Post
          the number 12 ranking in football doesn't mean much, the FIFA rankings are widely considered a joke and it does not reflect their true level at the international stage.
          This is true. FIFA rankings come from every game played including friendlies but competitive matches are weighted. This means that every time the USA plays, I dunno, Honduras or Canada they receive relatively more points than a team like England would get for playing a team like Austria. Add to that the fact that the Gold Cup seems to be played every single year they have far more competitive matches against far weaker teams than equivalent European nations.

Here's a picture of a great American athlete called Andre Smith:

Comment

American sportstars earn nothing in terms of wages.

Just checked, Lebron only has a $14 million wage!

Comment

Why are americans all so fat?

Comment

Tiger Woods only earns $7,737,626 a year in terms of wage.

Where as Ronaldo earns about $200 million over six years. That's nearly 5 times the amount of Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                  American sportstars earn nothing in terms of wages.

Just checked, Lebron only has a $14 million wage!

You don't look solely at the wage a team throws at them. If that was the case Tiger Woods would be broke in sports sense, he is the highest paid athelete in the world.

Comment

Where as Ronaldo earns about $200 million over six years. That's nearly 5 times the amount of Woods.
                    Thats only because Soccer is more popular than Golf. That also proves my point though, Woods is American and is the worlds best Golfer. Not to mention most of the best golfers of all time/presently are from America as well. I don't really consider Golfers athletes but for argument sake I will.

Comment

Who makes more money a year Ronaldo or Woods? You think sports are just about the wage you get?

Comment

Working...
                      X