Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine commited suicide last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine commited suicide last night...

Up until just last night I have been fortunate enough to have never really dealt with the loss of a friend or loved one.. I found out last night that my friend Nick was found at his apartment, he had hung himself.
    I have known nick and hungout with him on a regular basis for about 4 years now. He was honestly someone who always put his friends before him. He was a very positive person, I never once heard him talk badly about anyone or really anything... In fact I honestly can not recall a single time where he ever even got angry. I dont think i could have said something bad about him even if i wanted to because he really was just a genuine good guy who would have done anything for his friends... I remember one time i was at a party, and we got on the topic of MMA and what not.. i was telling people my dreams of fighting professionaly at some point and explained how passionate I am about everything.. Well alot of people really brushed me off when I said that not really knowing my commitment, but ill never forget Nick said to me and infront of everyone that he cant wait to see me fight and that when I do hes going to bet everything he had on me... That really meant alot..

I know none of you know him or anything like that but i guess what i want to say here is that as people and friends I think its very important to support the people around you.. even if its something small just let people know how much you appreciate them... Pick people up when there down, it hasnt even been a whole day and Nick has over 100 people who commented him on facebook saying how much they loved him...
    Photobucket

Rip Nick Hamel... his prom back in 07

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
    Up until just last night I have been fortunate enough to have never really dealt with the loss of a friend or loved one.. I found out last night that my friend Nick was found at his apartment, he had hung himself.
    I have known nick and hungout with him on a regular basis for about 4 years now. He was honestly someone who always put his friends before him. He was a very positive person, I never once heard him talk badly about anyone or really anything... In fact I honestly can not recall a single time where he ever even got angry. I dont think i could have said something bad about him even if i wanted to because he really was just a genuine good guy who would have done anything for his friends... I remember one time i was at a party, and we got on the topic of MMA and what not.. i was telling people my dreams of fighting professionaly at some point and explained how passionate I am about everything.. Well alot of people really brushed me off when I said that not really knowing my commitment, but ill never forget Nick said to me and infront of everyone that he cant wait to see me fight and that when I do hes going to bet everything he had on me... That really meant alot..

I know none of you know him or anything like that but i guess what i want to say here is that as people and friends I think its very important to support the people around you.. even if its something small just let people know how much you appreciate them... Pick people up when there down, it hasnt even been a whole day and Nick has over 100 people who commented him on facebook saying how much they loved him...
    Photobucket

......You hit on a great point right here. Any idea why he did it? Something going on that nobody knew about?

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post

Photobucket

He was a pimpin playa and it's sad to see him go, way too young. At least now his troubles are over, but it's a shame because I bet he could have worked them out of he'd gave it a chance. I went through a similar phase very recently and am still in somewhat of a bad situation and I can relate to how he felt and how people around him felt about the situation.

RIP.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. A few friends of mine have attempted suicide, some more than once. It's hard to imagine how i would of felt if they had suceeded.

Comment

Im sorry for the loss of your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
            ......You hit on a great point right here. Any idea why he did it? Something going on that nobody knew about?
            Its really hard for me to understand because everything i said about him was true.. He really had a great attitude about absolutely everything... He just recently got charged with DWI a couple weeks ago and I was with him after that happened last weekend and i honestly thought to myself, "Wow even with something like that happening hes still in good spirits and staying completely positive" He seemed like himself but i wish i would have gave him alot more reassurance that he was going to be alright at the end of the day... maybe it would have really helped...
            When i do make it in the ring someday whenever that may be, my first fight will be dedicated to him and his memory

Comment

Do you know why he killed himself?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss as well .R.I.P. There was a thread to do with suicide yesterday
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=297165

Comment

Sorry for your loss man, that sucks, R.I.P Nick

Comment

I'd kill myself if I had to look at your poorly developed back too.

Comment

Working...
                    X