Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine commited suicide last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really appreciate it boxingscene... Nick really showed me how important it is to stay positive and always be true to the people close to you, and always do right by them.

I ask that anyone reading this to not only stay true to yourself, but to stay true to your friends and family. To be appreciative for the small things, and just stay in your friends corner through whatever it takes in life...

Again your condolonces mean alot.

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
      I really appreciate it boxingscene... Nick really showed me how important it is to stay positive and always be true to the people close to you, and always do right by them.

I ask that anyone reading this to not only stay true to yourself, but to stay true to your friends and family. To be appreciative for the small things, and just stay in your friends corner through whatever it takes in life...

Again your condolonces mean alot.
      So he was a bit of a hypocrite then was he? My condolences to you for having to deal with his death, but don't feed us bull**** about how what a great guy he was. He was obviously incredibly selfish and self centered. He did the most selfish thing anyone could ever do... he killed himself.

He didn't consider your feeling when he did it, he only considered himself.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        So he was a bit of a hypocrite then was he? My condolences to you for having to deal with his death, but don't feed us bull**** about how what a great guy he was. He was obviously incredibly selfish and self centered. He did the most selfish thing anyone could ever do... he killed himself.

Why do you want a reaction out of me???
        Im not bull****ting one bit when i say he put others before himself, because that is all he ever did... and that is why it is so shocking and hard for everyone to believe.
        The reason i made this thread is for people to appreciate the ones close to them.. Because often times you may really appreciate someone so much but they just dont realize it unless you really show it back... There is nothing better in life then friendship.
        Nothing you say is going to make or break me shawn, and even if 1 or 2 people read this thread and realized how much some1 means to them then im happy.

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
          Why do you want a reaction out of me???
          Im not bull****ting one bit when i say he put others before himself, because that is all he ever did... and that is why it is so shocking and hard for everyone to believe.
          The reason i made this thread is for people to appreciate the ones close to them.. Because often times you may really appreciate someone so much but they just dont realize it unless you really show it back... There is nothing better in life then friendship.
          Nothing you say is going to make or break me shawn, and even if 1 or 2 people read this thread and realized how much some1 means to them then im happy.
          **** that dude man, he's been on my ignore list for a little while now.

Comment

suicide is a funny thing...by nature we are all programmed for prepetual existence, by this I mean every single carbon based life form on this earth has the instructions to avoid mechanical deconstruction at all cost. Its why we work, eat, ****...basically to avoid death.

DId you ever witness a dog or bear commit suicide? chance are slim. The ability for humans to contemplate their existence and rightfully end it shows that we have relative free will, more so then the lesser life forms, and according to Richard Dawkins on his hypothesis regarding the selfish gene, it means we are no longer a machine or a slave to our DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

That's selfish of you to put it that way, hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                suicide is a funny thing...by nature we are all programmed for prepetual existence, by this I mean every single carbon based life form on this earth has the instructions to avoid mechanical deconstruction at all cost. Its why we work, eat, ****...basically to avoid death.

DId you ever witness a dog or bear commit suicide? chance are slim. The ability for humans to contemplate their existence and rightfully end it shows that we have relative free will, more so then the lesser life forms, and according to Richard Dawkins on his hypothesis regarding the selfish gene, it means we are no longer a machine or a slave to our DNA.
                Green K for really making me think.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                  Green K for really making me think.
                  Red K for thinking.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.. Its messed up, RIP.

Comment

Ive been through the same **** with losing friends...

This was my friend.... I still say whats up to him everyday...
                      Friday, Jan. 22, 1999
                      Cullen student dies in collision
                      Alfred Reyna, 14, is remembered as popular, bright, athletic boy
                      By NOVELDA SOMMERS
                      Staff Writer
                      Cullen Middle School eighth-grader Alfred Reyna never got to reap the rewards of making the A-B honor roll this six weeks.
                      Alfred, 14, was killed in a traffic accident at 8:52 a.m. Thursday as his mother drove him to school, police said.
                      Alfred and his mother, Rosemary Reyna, 45, were taken to Spohn Memorial Hospital, where Alfred died shortly before 1 p.m. His mother was listed in serious but stable condition.
                      Jaime Rodriguez, Alfred's coach and athletics class teacher, said he had forgotten Wednesday to give Alfred his Academic Express packet containing coupons and rewards for making good grades.
                      Rodriguez said he probably would have given it to him Thursday.
                      "I was just talking to the assistant principal about what a great guy (Alfred) is," Rodriguez said. "He knew what was expected of him and he did it."
                      Alfred's mother was driving south on Staples Street making a left turn onto Gollihar Road when she turned into the path of an oncoming Ford pickup, said Senior Officer Scott Leeton of the Corpus Christi Police Department.
                      Her view may have been blocked by a northbound vehicle turning left onto Gollihar, he said.
                      Both mother and son were wearing seatbelts, but that did not protect Alfred from the impact of the truck, Leeton said. The driver of the truck was not injured, Leeton said.
                      Cullen school officials said they plan to have extra counselors at the campus today. Officials said the students did not know about the accident Thursday and school went on as usual.
                      Today will be a difficult one for students, Rodriguez said.
                      "He was always having a good time with the kids," he said.
                      He said Alfred was particularly close with students in the athletic class, a tight-knit group of 23 that meets in the afternoons all school year.
                      Alfred was known to students and school staff as a happy-go-lucky boy and a snappy dresser who always had his hair styled perfectly, Rodriguez said.
                      During football season, he at times was a starting linebacker, but was a versatile player who could perform wherever he was needed, Rodriguez said.
                      Rodriguez said he didn't know what he would tell his students today to help them cope with Alfred's death. He said he probably would ask permission to meet with football players and students from the athletic class early in the day instead of waiting until afternoon.
                      "I don't know how they're gonna take it," he said. "We'll get together and we'll get through it."

This was another really good friend of mine.. He got shot and died... He was my older bros best friend and basically my bro..

Wednesday, March 28, 2001
                      Man accepts plea bargain for murder
                      Montes pleads guilty to killing of Contreras during a drug deal gone bad

By Guy H. Lawrence
                      Caller-Times

A 21-year-old man accepted a 35-year prison term in exchange for pleading guilty to a murder that resulted from a drug deal gone bad.
                      Mark Montes, pleaded guilty Monday to the murder of Roy Contreras, Channel 6 News reported. In doing so, he avoided a trial and the possibility of receiving up to 99 years in prison.
                      According to court documents, Montes confessed to police to the Dec. 13 killing that happened in the parking lot of the apartment where Montes lived. Montes told officers that he agreed to buy marijuana from Contreras for $100. When Contreras arrived, he raised the price to $150. Montes said he got angry about the price increase. He pulled a 9-mm handgun from his waistband and pointed it at Contreras, who said Montes lacked the courage to fire, he said. Montes shot him twice in the head, according to the statement.
                      Prosecutor Frank Errico said he offered the plea agreement to the defendant after discussing it with the victim's family.
                      "I went along with the plea because the family agreed," Errico said.
                      Defense attorney Bill May said he advised his client to accept the plea after the prosecution introduced a witness who testified that Montes was in the parking lot. May said he would have challenged the confession because it was given after police told Montes he had failed a lie detector test.
                      "We intended to the attack that," May said. "Once this other witness came forward, there wasn't any chance he was going to succeed in the trial. Even if the confession was excluded."
                      May said what the police did was not illegal, but they made the defendant believe that he would be convicted even if innocent, and that he needed to cooperate to get a lenient sentence.
                      Errico said that Montes was interviewed willingly and was not under arrest at the time. Montes was questioned because he was the last person known to have seen the victim, Errico said.
                      "I think the confession was a good confession and the officers did nothing wrong," Errico said.
                      Montes also faced probation violations stemming from two burglaries, May said. He could have received up to 20 years for each violation and will now serve 35 years for all the cases against him, he said.
                      Just a few days ago my fiancee's uncles bro was driving to give his nephew a bath because he is paralyzed from the waist down (another thing that happened a few months ago), pulled over on the freeway to do something, got hit from the back, got thrown from his soft top jeep, and died...

I have been through alot of ****....

All you can do is remember their name and the positive influence....
                      What they did is what they did, they had a reason... They will have to live with the consequences, but that doesnt mean they were a bad person...
                      Last edited by My Name Is...; 08-16-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X