No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
    Roddick FTW!!! He has been playing a lot better and with nothing to lose I felt like he could pull this off. Fed will be another challenge, but good work by Roddick.
    Roddick might never have played better. Sure, he's looked more dominant in other matches, but the real indicator of top-form is that Murray still played a reasonable game today and had no answer for Roddick. He'll need to maintain this form to even have a chance against Federer. Got to go with Federer at the moment.

Comment

• Good work by Roddick. He played his best game today in years IMO. 75% 1st serves in and he absolutely raped Murray at the net.

I guess the pressure got to Murray today, but Roddick was just the better player today.

Murray's 22, plenty of time to get the Wimbledon title, but IMO his best chance of a grand slam is either the US Open or Australian Open. Murray's a far better player on the hard court then he's on Grass.

Comment

• im so glad that roddick won. i cant stand hype jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          Good work by Roddick. He played his best game today in years IMO. 75% 1st serves in and he absolutely raped Murray at the net.

I guess the pressure got to Murray today, but Roddick was just the better player today.

Murray's 22, plenty of time to get the Wimbledon title, but IMO his best chance of a grand slam is either the US Open or Australian Open. Murray's a far better player on the hard court then he's on Grass.
          Good post Chunk.

Obviously I am gutted Andy lost. Fair play to Roddick, his play at the net was amazing and serving as usual was just ridiculous. Murray's serving was abysmal though, 40% first serves in is just not good enough, especially with such a poor second serve; it's just asking for trouble.

Lets be honest though, Roger is gonna rape Roddick in the final, relying on a serve can only get you so far.

Look for Andy to come back strong in the run up to the US open. Looks like im keeping this avi for a while longer.

Comment

• Roddick was the better player today. I wouldn't say he dominated but he certainly had that extra bit about him. His serves have played a big part getting him into the final because he is serving so well with a very big percentage of his 1st serves going in. 146 Mph one of them, how can you stop that?

Comment

• Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
              im so glad that roddick won. i cant stand hype jobs.
              Check the rankings you ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                Check the rankings you ******.
                poor man's version of john mcenroe this andy murray.

Comment

• Murray wasn't at his best today, but that's not to take anything from Roddick. His serve, as well as his ground game was fantastic today. Sadly he doesn't have the game to beat Federer in the final.

And for the people calling Murray a hype job, you don't get to a U.S open final, a Wimbledon semi final, and world number 3 on hype. Stop being idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
                    poor man's version of john mcenroe this andy murray.
                    Your an idiot. Stop being such a hater.

No player in the top five is a hype job. Andy Murray is only 22 and is a great player already. He will win a Major soon.

Comment

• There finally showing the match in my time zone. So i'll get to see how it went. Roddick has just dedicated himself more this year and it's showing. Murray is no slouch and is the third best player in the world. So he's no hype job, Roddick it sounds was just better on this day. Beating Fed is gonna be tough and a monumental task, just because Fed is an absolute genious when it comes to Tennis, but Roddick will give his best effort and we will see how this goes. Chunk and Monk are right Murray will have a better chance on hard courts where he is really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X