Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you reckon Lamps had a cry wank last night watching Tuchel and Mount celebrating?

Comment

• Eze and the lads put in a good shift in Sheffield today, pop the champagne, another year among the heavens and cleared 40 points again

Comment

• City gonna have to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Do you reckon Lamps had a cry wank last night watching Tuchel and Mount celebrating?
          Possible. Lol

I just know Lampard has been kicking himself after seeing Tuchel basically do what he did right (in parts) but putting it all together.

This team wins the PL next season. Sparked been banging on it for a while but I see it now. This team with Tuchel? even the ‘B’ team is good. You know a league title is there to be had.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Possible. Lol

I just know Lampard has been kicking himself after seeing Tuchel basically do what he did right (in parts) but putting it all together.

This team wins the PL next season. Sparked been banging on it for a while but I see it now. This team with Tuchel? even the ‘B’ team is good. You know a league title is there to be had.
            Not a bad call tbf. If man city win the CL then they might find it hard to get up for next season.

Never thought I'd say it with Ole there but United might be challenging next year if they buy right in the summer.

Comment

• Yeah, I think Chelsea will win the league next season. It is a very deep squad and in pure pragmatic terms surely our attackers double their actual output in terms of goals so there is your 20 odd more points right there.

I mean the thing will be recruitment. Will City get a Haaland? United a Kane? Chelsea a striker as well or another worldie centre back.

With Frank I'm sure he thinks he just didn't know enough. This is still his team. He did actually switch to a 3 a few times but would abandon it because we didnt score enough goals and like now we would miss simple chances. But Frank as a goal scorer would only really bemoan that we weren't clinical and we would just leave points on the pitch. To be fair as a fan and thinking I know loads about footy I can't remember anything I felt Frank did that wrong. I nearly always agreed with him. The amount of draws we give up going for winners was insane. Sometimes point is better than nothing. So he was probably naive and probably the fact I usually agreed with him suggests a hole in his tactical acumen tbf. These super coaches like Tuchel just know s.hit tbf.

I would bet Lampard will become a good manager. You have to think Tuchel has more than a decade of coaching experience on Frank.

Tuchel just came in and flipped it a bit and just said right we arent scoring enough butl et's not concede any stupid goals. We had that weird game against wolves where we drew nil nil and had like 80 odd percent possession. It was all about control and shape and there was a few more like that. Really dry games but just sort of realligning their responsibilities I guess. Clever s.hit. Over my head at the time.

The attackers outside of Mount who tbf has played as a 6 nearly as much as forward have in general been absolutely appalling. They're hitting their stride now at an insanely good time. But look at their numbers. Horrific.

City are the best but there's no doubt they have a problem with Chelsea. I think we will beat them again. Obviously they're a better team right now and Kdb and Foden and Gundogan will make them more potent but against them specifically I feel like they find it hard to accommodate Chelsea. Would Pep ever drop his defensive line 15 metres? Would his ego allow that? Otherwise look at all that green grass they give Timo. Would Timo even be effective against someone like Kyle Walker tight to him without all that green grass behind. I wouldnt imagine so anyway.

I hope they stay arrogant. Give us the cup with the big ears please.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-09-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• I'm hoping Chelsea are the Rafa's Liverpool to Jose's Chelsea. Chelsea were better but it hardly ever showed in head to heads

Comment

• FFS, Chelsea and United doing what they can to keep Liverpool in this thing. Guess Palace will have to come to the rescue in the finale, just like 2014

Comment

• and right on cue, Chelsea lose the plot but it's all good. It's just a wakeup call. Last time this happened, Arsenal won and Chelsea got the Champions League title.

Word on the street is Palace is lining up Frank Lampard for the job.

Comment

• I sort of expected us to finish 5th because the focus has shifted.

It is all or nothing stuff.

I feel pretty positive. The Germans in front of goal are defo the worst two finishers I've ever seen though.

I am a better finisher than them. Genuinely.

Comment

Working...
                      X