This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    We have no reason to sell Silva and he has no reason to go, hardly the same as the Suarez situation.

If someone wanted to buy him this summer then 50-60m is the price they'd be looking at paying.
    Yes City have no reason to sell Silva but Man Utd are crying out for a big signing. Coupling that with the fact that Chelsea and Man Utd are kind of rivals (maybe not this year, but most likely next year) this has resulted in an inflated price tag.

All of that does not mean Silva is worth 60mill if City were to sell him.

Comment

• De Gea

Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra/Conetrao (hopefully)

Carrick, Jones

Mata, Rooney, Kagawa/Januzaj

RVP

Imagine if we could stick Jones at CB regularly and have someone like Gundogan/Koke/Vidal alongside Carrick then that team would be set.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        De Gea

Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra/Conetrao (hopefully)

Carrick, Jones

Mata, Rooney, Kagawa/Januzaj

RVP

Imagine if we could stick Jones at CB regularly and have someone like Gundogan/Koke/Vidal alongside Carrick then that team would be set.
        I imagine the wide players would be instructed to stay wide by Moyes, making Mata ineffective. I don't think you actually retain possession well enough to get away with a player like Mata drifting inside all time, which would allow whoever it is you're playing to overload on Rafael all the time down that flank.

Koke would be far better suited to playing in that position at United. Not that the position is as much of a concern as CM/CB/LB anyway so I don't know why Moyes would get so preoccupied about it.

Suprised you haven't been linked with Matuidi who would slot into your midfield pretty well. He's a player I hope City are after, he'd be massive for us in a 3 with Yaya/Dinho. Unless Rodwell manages to stay fit in which case we're ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
          Serious? LOL

When it's all said and done, Ronaldo will have more career goals, golden boots, money, and body than that coke head.

Ronaldo doesn't need a world cup. Two balón d or>>>>WC.

Good try though!

Although the USA could use a WC to even be considered relevant in world tournaments.

LOLOLOLROFLLMAOLOLALMDOALKOLOLOLOLOLOLLMFAOOOOOOOO OOOO
          oh, ronaldo doesn't need a world cup? i guess that would explain why he cries every time his team of pushovers get eliminated. i can't wait to see the US beat them in the WC AGAIN, just like in 2002, when figo was in his prime.

Comment

• PS who was better: Hargreaves or Michael Johnson? LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              I imagine the wide players would be instructed to stay wide by Moyes, making Mata ineffective. I don't think you actually retain possession well enough to get away with a player like Mata drifting inside all time, which would allow whoever it is you're playing to overload on Rafael all the time down that flank.

Koke would be far better suited to playing in that position at United. Not that the position is as much of a concern as CM/CB/LB anyway so I don't know why Moyes would get so preoccupied about it.

Suprised you haven't been linked with Matuidi who would slot into your midfield pretty well. He's a player I hope City are after, he'd be massive for us in a 3 with Yaya/Dinho. Unless Rodwell manages to stay fit in which case we're ok.
              Yeah I agree, we can't keep the ball that well (Swansea had 60% possession against us) mainly because the guy next carrick doesn't have the ability to. If we could get a box to box CM we'd be so much better off.

I know united were impressed recently by Matuidi when they went to watch the PSG v Bordeaux game. What's his situation with PSG like? I can't imagine they'd let him go cheap, unless his contract is running down soon.

I think united can live with the CB problem this season but we do need a CM and a LB desperately.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayarea69 View Post
                PS who was better: Hargreaves or Michael Johnson? LOL!
                Michael Johnson was a fantastic 200M sprinter!

The footballer had potential, but got fat.

Comment

Michael Johnson was a fantastic 200M sprinter!

The footballer had potential, but got fat.
                  Pretty decent at the 400m too.

Comment

Yeah I agree, we can't keep the ball that well (Swansea had 60% possession against us) mainly because the guy next carrick doesn't have the ability to. If we could get a box to box CM we'd be so much better off.

I know united were impressed recently by Matuidi when they went to watch the PSG v Bordeaux game. What's his situation with PSG like? I can't imagine they'd let him go cheap, unless his contract is running down soon.

I think united can live with the CB problem this season but we do need a CM and a LB desperately.
                    He's out of contract in the summer I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                      Pretty decent at the 400m too.
                      Yeah not bad at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X