Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only clichy showed any commitment today, Diaby...Rosciky...below average, I still think Inter beats Barcelona..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Only clichy showed any commitment today, Diaby...Rosciky...below average, I still think Inter beats Barcelona..
      Based on what?

Comment

• Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
        With the ball Barca are a bit better + they got Messi, but off the ball is were they are just far superior too Arsenal imo.

Never seen a team as talented going forward as Barca, Madrid with Zidane etc were close but there defense and tracking/pressuring were not in Barca's league. That's what makes this Barca team of the last few years that special

Stallaagh apart from the first part of the first half the ref was fine tbh and if Rosicky was not that fit he shouldn't have played really. Some young kid would have done a better job honestly.. Rosicky looked like he was gonna fall over and die at the 70min mark just before he gets subbed.
        Agreed but, given the circumstances, we had to risk it but it backfired.......

the ref was awful, Barcelona were fouling all over and yet no cards for them, any touch we made on Barcelona was whistled a foul, or when they went and rolled around in the ground it was a foul.

But thats no excuse, we had our chances in the 2nd half and didn't take them, Rosicky was through and should've had another touch instead of shooting first time. Bendtner's touch let him down when Diaby put him through...... fair credit to Messi really, but would've loved to have played them with a fully fit and our strongest squad.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
          Agreed but, given the circumstances, we had to risk it but it backfired.......

the ref was awful, Barcelona were fouling all over and yet no cards for them, any touch we made on Barcelona was whistled a foul, or when they went and rolled around in the ground it was a foul.

But thats no excuse, we had our chances in the 2nd half and didn't take them, Rosicky was through and should've had another touch instead of shooting first time. Bendtner's touch let him down when Diaby put him through...... fair credit to Messi really, but would've loved to have played them with a fully fit and our strongest squad.....
          Like I told my friend after the game, it would have been a much different game with Fabregas, Song, Van Persie, Arshavin, Rosicky and Gallas all 100% and fit to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
            Like I told my friend after the game, it would have been a much different game with Fabregas, Song, Van Persie, Arshavin, Rosicky and Gallas all 100% and fit to play.
            Yeah, like Barsa didn't have players missing, Pique, Puyol, Iniesta and Ibra.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              But even with those four players fit, and Arsenal not being cursed with injuries - I think it would be a much different game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                All of them played at the Emirates except Iniesta and they still couldn't beat us. Cesc wasn't even 50% fit, Arshavin and Gallas were both out before half time, Van Persie didn't play, Song had Messi on lockdown....... you were saying?

Comment

• Only clichy showed any commitment today, Diaby...Rosciky...below average, I still think Inter beats Barcelona..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
                    All of them played at the Emirates except Iniesta and they still couldn't beat us. Cesc wasn't even 50% fit, Arshavin and Gallas were both out before half time, Van Persie didn't play, Song had Messi on lockdown....... you were saying?
                    Barca should have been up 4-0 in the first 20 min, they had the one thing tonite they didn't have last week and that's finishing. If it wasn't for Almunia you guys would have been finished last week, Barca completely and utterly out played you last week and Arsenal just got lucky is all. What happened tonite is what should have happened last week Arsenal were never going to win these games, Barca are just too good.

Credit to Arsenal for trying there best in both games, last week was pure inspiration by them for not quitting but they were never going to beat Barca at the Nou Camp. Full squad vs full squad Barca beats them 9 times out of 10.

Comment

• I hope United get past Bayern.

Comment

Working...
                      X