This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    I'm not saying they don't need to strengthen. But they aren't gonna strengthen any position by signing cheap players, they have quality everywhere as I've said. It's just that Bayern have miles more depth.

The only way to bridge that gap is to keep your best players and add to it. What you're suggesting is the equivalent to us selling Aguero and bringing in a few players for 10 mill each. Wouldn't make us more likely to bridge the gap to United, would it?

We'll keep Aguero and bring quality in to add to it, which is what Dortmund would've been able to do with all the CL revenue.
    I'm not suggesting that one bit.

There are quality players out there who they could get to strengthen their side without blowing the fully £32mill on just one player.

Someone like Erikkson, not him necessarily but of that ilk.

Like I said easier said than done.

Get in Bayern!!!

Comment

• Bayern have been impressive today.

Physically strong, working hard, keeping their shape well, working the flanks and winning corners and comfortable in possession.

Can they keep it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I don't think Dortmund despite their incredible support are made of money.

And a few years ago they were on the brink of a financial apocalypse. One of their summer targets for this year is reported to be Shane Long - good player but good enough for CL semi-finalists?

I think all Dortmund players have their price. As has already been proven by Sahin and Kagawa going to other bigger clubs.

I'd say even the manager will probably move on soon. I'd say City.
        I think Bayern bailed Dortmund out when they were in financial trouble actually..

Dortmund seem to be able to reel out good players all the time tho.. they still have reus, sahin, lewandowski, hummels and others

Comment

• Javi Martinez has monstered Iniesta in that half.

Impressive workrate from both Robben and Ribery. Sign of a tremendous coach, imo. Both of those two are the stereotypical soft as shite wingers. They have done very well defensively.

Not really a long-term solution but Heynckes would be a great fit for Chelsea if Jose doesn't fancy it.

Comment

• Bayern are just too good atm.

Comment

• Get in Super Mario!

Comment

• Barca defending set pieces brilliantly tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  Barca defending set pieces brilliantly tonight.
                  Again easier said than done but I wonder why teams don't try to exploit this more against them.

Schweinsteiger keeping Messi in his back pocket so far.

Comment

• Barca are ruining Messi right now..

Offside goal though..

Not to upset these Spanish clubs are always getting gifts vs English clubs

Comment

• Mother of GOD what a performance Arsenal put in to beat Bayern 2-0 away

Comment

Working...
                      X