This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Kloppo has rejected Chelsea as well. Laudrup will probably get the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I think Mourinho is the man for Chelsea, City and PSG.

You have to credit City's owners with being patient and giving Mancini a fair crack of the whip despite being turfed twice now in Group Stages of the CL, and to an extent it has paid off because they won the league and could still make a run at it this year.

However, I can't help but feel if Mourinho was at City there wouldn't be a title race it would be a procession. The issue with Mourinho is he can't build anything lasting, in his third season the toys come out of the pram and he self destructs. The other issue is that he makes your club universally loathed with his nonsense,

You can't compare Guardiola to Mourinho imo, because Guardiola did take Barca to the next level but he inherited the greatest midfield in the history of the game and maybe the best player too.

Mourinho can go to any top club in the world and likely win the league in his first season. Given free reign the football might not be entertaining but it will be winning football. Real Madrid is a horrible match for Mourinho. As if Mourinho wants Marcelo in his side the bloke can't defend! He has to satisfy certain criteria that wouldn't exist at City or Chelsea.

As a Chelsea fan we know he is the be all and end all for us. Our ******ed board demand results at any cost and Mourinho is the man who is more likely than anyone to deliver. And when the men in suits get trigger happy they can fire him because by that point Mourinho will have itchy feet himself. He's the only option for Chelsea really but Abramovich and his ****ish advisers will likely pick Frank Riijkaard off the scrap heap or someone equally as baffling like Van Gaal, or god forbid The Fat Spanish Waiter on a full-time basis.
        Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho goes back to Chelsea, the fans love him, he loves the club and and he just knows how to win.
        Only problem is like you said after three seasons or so he starts going a bit mental and upsets a few people. After that it's only a matter of time before he moves on so despite being one of the greatest ever managers he is only a relatively short term solution to a club.
        But if he delivers league titles and possibly a European cup then i don't think the board or fans will mind.

It will be interesting to see how he does when he finally goes into International management, i wonder if he would have the same success?

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
          going by stats cleverley is better
          Yeah but only fat yanks go by stats tho.

How's Cardiff doing?

Walcott with the 3.5 year deal tho. Was hopping for a 5 year deal but O well.

What do you guys think about Remys QPR move?

Comment

• Remy is Harry's wet dream, he's a solid transfer. He has been after Remy for 3 years.

QPR will have some serious financial issues to address soon. Their wages were 183% of revenue last time it was reported, and I'm fairly certain that was before their summer signings, let alone these January ones, and I can't see their revenue having improved much since then.

Comment

• Don't laugh but Remy reminds me of................................................ .......................................Thierry Henry.

I'm not saying he'll ever even be 1/10th of the player Henry ever was but i just mean his style of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
                Remy is Harry's wet dream, he's a solid transfer. He has been after Remy for 3 years.

QPR will have some serious financial issues to address soon. Their wages were 183% of revenue last time it was reported, and I'm fairly certain that was before their summer signings, let alone these January ones, and I can't see their revenue having improved much since then.
                Wasn't Harry Redknapp the one who was just talking about this a few weeks ago yet he's happy to go and get two more players who are probably on close to 100k a week in Remy and M'Vila.

Wouldn't be surprised if QPR end up like Portsmouth after Harry's finished with them.

I agreed with what he was saying regarding players like Bosingwa and co being on 100k a week but a few weeks later he go's and brings in another two on silly wages.

Comment

• Agree about QPR turning out like Pompey. Disaster waiting to happen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho goes back to Chelsea, the fans love him, he loves the club and and he just knows how to win.
                    Only problem is like you said after three seasons or so he starts going a bit mental and upsets a few people. After that it's only a matter of time before he moves on so despite being one of the greatest ever managers he is only a relatively short term solution to a club.
                    But if he delivers league titles and possibly a European cup then i don't think the board or fans will mind.

It will be interesting to see how he does when he finally goes into International management, i wonder if he would have the same success?
                    They're talking about Zola now which is interesting it would just a be pure pandering to the fans and a dangerous move.

And sacking Zola would be like kicking a puppy in the face. That would be the end of the board and possibly even Abramovich.

We've had our moment in the sun and it's all down to Roman more than anyone, but most Chelsea fans would accept being less money being thrown about now if we weren't at the whim of the least knowledgeable board in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Iker View Post
                      Yeah but only fat yanks go by stats tho.

How's Cardiff doing?

Walcott with the 3.5 year deal tho. Was hopping for a 5 year deal but O well.

What do you guys think about Remys QPR move?
                      So far so good.

Probably need another 9 wins to go up. Blackpool away today on tv. Big ask.

If we beat them we will be well on our way.

Need to sign some players and soon.

Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland and ex Man Utd) striker is apparently joining us.

Comment

Working...
                      X