Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant wait to see some real footy tommorow.

no ******* falling over because someone took the ball from there feet and no glory supporting knobheads.

Comment

• Anyone seen a player called Romelu Lukaku? looks like a very good talent he is only 16 but looks massive and has got loads of goals this season he is playing for Anderlecht. Think Chelsea and Arsenal were looking at him. Belgium have got a load of quality young players.

Comment

• Newcastle United !!!!

Comment

• You know i was thinking about the Arsenal/Barca match and i remember back to when we went all the way to the final and one of the reasons i felt we did so well despite having a shaky defense, even then, was when we played in Europe we played differently to how we played in the league, see im of the opinion and always have been that Arsenal play best as a counter attacking side and that is why they do better in europe against the bigger teams than they do against the smaller teams, Arsenal are more vulnerable when they are attacking, hence the reason when United/Chelsea play Arsenal they know the blue print is to allow us to attack, have the ball and congest the middle of the pitch and get the full backs to tuck in because Arsenal only play through the middle due to having an abundance of AMF but no wingers(width), like a Boxer United/Chelsea will soak up the pressure with their good defense and pick their spots when to attack, now when Arsenal play in Europe their natural instincts when playing a bigger side is to play more defensive as they might feel they have slightly inferior players and in the game against Barca they will have, so i think they will let Barca come onto them and look to counter attack and i feel this could be a good strategy for Arsenal.

You gotta remember big Phil (Senderos) played in most of the games in that CL run to the final and looked solid but thats the thing, Senderos was always a decent player as long as he was defending the 18 yard line and clearing headers and being brave etc, what he got exposed for most of all was a lack of concentration sometimes and a lack of pace/agility, however because Arsenal played a counter attacing style in the CL run he was not drawn off his 18 yard line and exposed, Senderos was okay at defending his Box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            You know i was thinking about the Arsenal/Barca match and i remember back to when we went all the way to the final and one of the reasons i felt we did so well despite having a shaky defense, even then, was when we played in Europe we played differently to how we played in the league, see im of the opinion and always have been that Arsenal play best as a counter attacking side and that is why they do better in europe against the bigger teams than they do against the smaller teams, Arsenal are more vulnerable when they are attacking, hence the reason when United/Chelsea play Arsenal they know the blue print is to allow us to attack, have the ball and congest the middle of the pitch and get the full backs to tuck in because Arsenal only play through the middle due to having an abundance of AMF but no wingers(width), like a Boxer United/Chelsea will soak up the pressure with their good defense and pick their spots when to attack, now when Arsenal play in Europe their natural instincts when playing a bigger side is to play more defensive as they might feel they have slightly inferior players and in the game against Barca they will have, so i think they will let Barca come onto them and look to counter attack and i feel this could be a good strategy for Arsenal.

You gotta remember big Phil (Senderos) played in most of the games in that CL run to the final and looked solid but thats the thing, Senderos was always a decent player as long as he was defending the 18 yard line and clearing headers and being brave etc, what he got exposed for most of all was a lack of concentration sometimes and a lack of pace/agility, however because Arsenal played a counter attacing style in the CL run he was not drawn off his 18 yard line and exposed, Senderos was okay at defending his Box.
            .......... you may be a ****, but I'll agree with you on this. IMO Arsene will go back to the 4-5-1 formation that got us through the tough games in the run to that final and maybe shift it to a 4-3-3 on occasion throughout the match, we'll see though

Comment

• Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
              .......... you may be a ****, but I'll agree with you on this. IMO Arsene will go back to the 4-5-1 formation that got us through the tough games in the run to that final and maybe shift it to a 4-3-3 on occasion throughout the match, we'll see though
              Yeah 4-5-1 is the way to go, Barca like Arsenal also play very narrow and so 5 across the middle will make it hard for them to get through.

Comment

Yeah 4-5-1 is the way to go, Barca like Arsenal also play very narrow and so 5 across the middle will make it hard for them to get through.
                Not like your in a position to debate what striker to play upfront lol

4-5-1 it will have to be, or probably any team will get dominated....Their full backs need to be kept out the game, especially Alves...

You need to get yourselves a park ji sung or valencia haha

Comment

• I wonder if that was formation Rubin Kazan used against them over the two legs, though they did soak up loads of pressure.....

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                    Not like your in a position to debate what striker to play upfront lol

4-5-1 it will have to be, or probably any team will get dominated....Their full backs need to be kept out the game, especially Alves...

You need to get yourselves a park ji sung or valencia haha
                    Well we have Eduardo but yeah.

Why would we want Valencia? if he played in the side he would get closer to the touch line and open the game up more when it needs to be congested, down the centre.

Park is not as good as Rosicky, Nasri or Cesc.

Comment

Well we have Eduardo but yeah.

Why would we want Valencia? if he played in the side he would get closer to the touch line and open the game up more when it needs to be congested, down the centre.

Park is not as good as Rosicky, Nasri or Cesc.
                      Well it was a joke about you getting them, i was saying you need wingers who are gonna attack and defend like hell....

And park isnt as good as rosicky or nasri?

I think thats a bold statement... OBVIOUSLY hes not as good as Fabregas....there was no need to even mention his name

Why isnt he as good as them? Because they are more skillful? And i was gonna say have a better shot, but Rosicky does...nasri, scores as often or less...as park lol

Parks work rate is 3 x their work rate...he plays it simple, he keeps full backs out of games, including Ashley Cole, Clichy etc..... And apparently whoever he wants to man mark e.g. Pirlo in both AC milan games

How is he not as good as them?

Hes more effective then them both in my eyes

Hes an unsung hero, and thats a fact

Comment

Working...
                      X