Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Walcott is even playing is pretty sad.. our wingers and centre forward options really suck atm, rest of team is good tho

Comment

• Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
      The fact that Walcott is even playing is pretty sad.. our wingers and centre forward options really suck atm, rest of team is good tho
      Not his best game but hes not alone, Rooney isn't himself, Gerrard and Barry complete **** today but Milner, now thats a future starter hopefully.

The pundits blaming Walcott is pathetic really.....

Comment

• If South African cant beat Namibia at home then they have no hope of beating Mexico, France or Uruguay.

Comment

• Im happy egypt gave a good performance....

Thats all i wanted them to do really, i wanted england to stay strong in preperation for the world cup...

Good first goal by zidan, lampard should of had 2 goals in the bag....

I was pretty suprised walcott started...he hasnt played many games, and with the form that milner and SWP are in, i was just shocked really....

When they came on it made a big difference, had to people running down the wings....

Walcott didnt really get much help in the first half, same for rooney, england looked pretty poor...

Great result non the less

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            Im happy egypt gave a good performance....

Thats all i wanted them to do really, i wanted england to stay strong in preperation for the world cup...

Good first goal by zidan, lampard should of had 2 goals in the bag....

I was pretty suprised walcott started...he hasnt played many games, and with the form that milner and SWP are in, i was just shocked really....

When they came on it made a big difference, had to people running down the wings....

Walcott didnt really get much help in the first half, same for rooney, england looked pretty poor...

Great result non the less

How can you say England looked poor? granted they were not at it in first half but if England put those chance away in the first half they would of gone in on even terms or possibly a goal up, look at the whole match and look who created more clear cut chances, you dont get extra points for ball manipulation you get them for hitting the back of the net, second half England controlled that game.

Comment

• Why do England fans expect Gerrard to perform for England like he does for Liverpool when he has different players around him and a manager who has a different way of playing football, talk about idiotic.

Gerrard has not been great for England but he has not been poor either, he has still had some good games in an England shirt, but because people are so hypercritical because they base every performance on what he does for Pool he gets questioned, even when he does have a decent game, not that he had a good game tonight as he was poor, he seemed to be trying to hard which seems to be the case too much of the time when he plays for England imo.

England fans in general are just way too overcritical.
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                How can you say England looked poor? granted they were not at it in first half but if England put those chance away in the first half they would of gone in on even terms or possibly a goal up, look at the whole match and look who created more clear cut chances, you dont get extra points for ball manipulation you get them for hitting the back of the net, second half England controlled that game.
                Ok so i will paste what i said again,

"Walcott didnt really get much help in the first half, same for rooney, england looked pretty poor..."

I was talking about the first half, they looked great in the 2nd half...

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                Why do England fans expect Gerrard to perform for England like he does for Liverpool when he has different players around him and a manager who has a different way of playing football, talk about idiotic.

Gerrard has not been great for England but he has not been poor either, he has still had some good games in an England shirt, but because people are so hypercritical because they base every performance on what he does for Pool he gets questioned, even when he does have a decent game, not that he had a good game tonight as he was poor, he seemed to be trying to hard which seems to be the case too much of the time when he plays for England imo.

England fans in general are just way too overcritical.
                Well, he might have different players etc... but its hardly going to effect for example his passes....or his shots, i mean today i didnt see him take a shot....and when he did it wasnt great, but obviously hes human and is not gonna get a great shot off every time.....

But i couldnt really blame him lately....hes been pushed out left, and as every1 knows, hes a pure center midfielder.....

I dont think lamps and gerrard click together, they are so alike....if hes going to play barry, he should either try a 5 man midfield....or just have gerrard or lampard sub...

They are huge players and it would be hard to drop them, but they just dont seem to gel....Plus when milner came on to play on the left wing it made a huge difference, I remember seeing points in the game where baines would make a run be in the final 3rd of the pitch, he would look up and have no1 infront of him for support...when milner came on it completely changed

Comment

• Walcott has barely played this season. That said, he should be on the plane IMO. He's useful. Lennon is our first choice right winger, so hopefully he's back to full fitness in time, as are Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand.

We looked good once we got the goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                    Ok so i will paste what i said again,

"Walcott didnt really get much help in the first half, same for rooney, england looked pretty poor..."

I was talking about the first half, they looked great in the 2nd half...

Well, he might have different players etc... but its hardly going to effect for example his passes....or his shots, i mean today i didnt see him take a shot....and when he did it wasnt great, but obviously hes human and is not gonna get a great shot off every time.....

But i couldnt really blame him lately....hes been pushed out left, and as every1 knows, hes a pure center midfielder.....

I dont think lamps and gerrard click together, they are so alike....if hes going to play barry, he should either try a 5 man midfield....or just have gerrard or lampard sub...

They are huge players and it would be hard to drop them, but they just dont seem to gel....Plus when milner came on to play on the left wing it made a huge difference, I remember seeing points in the game where baines would make a run be in the final 3rd of the pitch, he would look up and have no1 infront of him for support...when milner came on it completely changed

Of coarse not playing with the same players in the same team will effect his passing and shots, for a start he is not playing in the same position so he wont get as many shots off or be shooting from the same position consistently. A players first few touches in a game can be vital to how well they perform for the rest of the game, see how Walcott start to fade when he took a few poor touches?

If you dont play the same system and have different players around you that dont all play to the same strengths that your teammates at Liverpool do it will effect your whole game not just your passing, thats just commonsense.

I agree he had a poor game but people act as though he has to be superman to have a good game at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Of coarse not playing with the same players in the same team will effect his passing and shots, for a start he is not playing in the same position so he wont get as many shots off or be shooting from the same position consistently. A players first few touches in a game can be vital to how well they perform for the rest of the game, see how Walcott start to fade when he took a few poor touches?

If you dont play the same system and have different players around you that dont all play to the same strengths that your teammates at Liverpool do it will effect your whole game not just your passing, thats just commonsense.

I agree he had a poor game but people act as though he has to be superman to have a good game at times.
                      Yeah, as i said, hes been played out wide left....and i cant blame him for not seeming like hes performing, he isnt a left midfielder..... hes a pure attacking midfielder and does get back to defend well....

But englands first half just wasnt good, they barely got a pass into rooney, as you could see he started shouting alot and getting anoyd.... SWP made a nice impact...and milner did too...

Lets just hope they can gel for the world cup...Spain looked very strong as they do nowadays

Comment

Working...
                      X