This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Well whether its comparable % wise or not, that fact remains, Henry himself was considered to be a bottler on the big stage(Champions league), he was always criticized for not replicating his league form in the CL.
    Whats that got to do with Drogba?

Comment

• Santos Legend Pele urges Neymar not to join Chelsea.

Comment

• Also comparing Drogba with Henry you must remember Henry started playing in the Premier League at the age of 22, Drogba was 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
          Also comparing Drogba with Henry you must remember Henry started playing in the Premier League at the age of 22, Drogba was 25.
          I dont see what that has to do with anything, it dont take that long to acclimatize to the Prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            I dont see what that has to do with anything, it dont take that long to acclimatize to the Prem.

Of course not

Some players never acclimatize, look at Robinho.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong though, prime Henry was the greatest out and out striker in the Premiership that I've seen.

Comment

Don't get me wrong though, prime Henry was the greatest out and out striker in the Premiership that I've seen.

Should of won the world player of the year award in 2003, he was clearly the best player in the world at that point, there was just no one on the horizon who was playing at his level IMO, Zidane may have been on his level, but at the point the awards were given out, he was certainly not in the form Henry was.

Comment

• Comment

• The Henry that went to Barca was still a great player
                    But he'd just lost that turn of pace... the finishing was still there, but back in the day he could square up to a defender then burn passed him.

Comment

The Henry that went to Barca was still a great player
                      But he'd just lost that turn of pace... the finishing was still there, but back in the day he could square up to a defender then burn passed him.
                      Yeah, just watching those clips you forget just how much of handful he was, i remember someone referring to him as that older kid in the park that no one can get the ball off, tis about right to Lol

Remember his goal against Spurs, that was a great goal to, you know i think Henry became more of a central striker the more goals he scored, the later into his career he got, which might of hurt him a little imo, he was always at his best drifting in from that flank imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X